RIP Chris Cornell

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
If you have to go out of pocket maybe look at stem cells? Joe Rogan and a bunch of other MMA types have been saying its been a miracle for Back & Joint stuff. No clue on the price tag. Some Doc out of Vegas is supposedly the cutting edge of the current tech.

There are huge advances in stem cell. But you have to really research the different types of stem cell, i.e. bone marrow or amniotic etc. If you can afford it, it can help but it is not panacea.

There is hope but we're still a ways from "curing" pain.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm really sorry for your loss man. The fact that opioids are a gateway is not lost on me. It's a difficult balance trying to help people with real pain and not create dependance.

I know who they are. It's been rectified. They're not drug dealers.

Incredible show. Pretty front loaded with hits but if you love the b-sides from Joshua Tree, it's heaven. Encore was pretty damn good too, closed with Beautiful Day, Elevation, Ultraviolet, One, Bad and I Will Follow in that order.

Only complaint, and it's a minor one that has to be forgiven, is that Bono can't hit the notes the way he used to, some songs had to be tuned down (With or Without You, Sunday Bloody Sunday) to accommodate for that.

I think given more time they would have done something more with the video screen, but the Cornell tribute was a nice moment.

Yeah, he's getting old like all of us.Glad it was a good show.

• 1Solidarity

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Still really shocked by this, black hole sun came on in my playlist and I was like fuuuuuuck.

• 1Like

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I agree 100% with Dr. Drew on that. The literature and my own clinical experience bear that out.

Me too. In fact I've told doctors in the past that I'm not taking this shit so don't even bother prescribing it. One of my sisters was an addict (recovering now) and ruined her nursing career. I don't fuck around with it.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Man. Playing with his band that he created 27 years ago in tribute to the passing of his friend Andrew Wood, a song in tribute to Layne Staley just 6 months ago. You can see him share a moment with McCready, who was also in Mad Season with Staley.

• 1Like

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Did a little googling and Tim Commerford epitomizes why I ignore the personal activities of artists I like. I'm used to the regressive leftists wanting to save the world with blind optimisim, but it wouldn't surprise me if this guy came out as a flat earther.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Fun fact about Soundgarden shows: When Chris put his guitar away you knew shit was about to get real on vocals - especially late in the show where it meant tripling the goddamn volume to murder your ears with Beyond the Wheel and the encore.

Ear bleeding encore the last time I saw them:
Beyond the Wheel
Mailman (a surprise "fuck yeah!" addition because someone was holding up a sign)
Like Suicide
Slaves & Bulldozers

Here's a quality recording from 2012 I came across. Festival though so a shortened set:

• 1Like

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Like Suicide is one of my favorite songs ever. Probably my favorite off that album.

Would've loved to see "Room A Thousand Years Wide" live, especially with that intro scream.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
When I saw Soundgarden in 2013 the setlist was a true fan's setlist. They didn't play Black Hole Sun and I don't think they played Fell On Black Days either. The final song of the encore was motherfucking Fourth of July. It was awesome.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Had a coworker and his girlfriend go missing for a couple days. They tracked his cell phone, found them both dead ODed. Drinking moonshine and shooting fentanyl. Wtf!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
There has been a bit of an epidemic in Cincinnati with people buying coke that has fentanyl in it and people are dying.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
There has been a bit of an epidemic in Cincinnati with people buying coke that has fentanyl in it and people are dying.

That's crazy.

These are lethal doses:

Heroin-Fentanyl-vials-NHSPFL-1024x576.jpg

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wasn't there a story about paramedics accidentally breathing it in during a call and then needing to be rushed to the hospital themselves?

Or am I making this up?

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Wasn't there a story about paramedics accidentally breathing it in during a call and then needing to be rushed to the hospital themselves?

Or am I making this up?

I don't have a ton of experience with it, but I've only seen it as transdermal patches, so that sounds like bullshit to me =)