RIP Chris Cornell

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Speedballs (heroin +coke) is the Reeses Peanut Butter Cup of drugs. Cant see Fentanyl improving on perfection. Getting high on that epic mix is already shooting craps, adding that shit is taking more sides off the dice.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
There has been a bit of an epidemic in Cincinnati with people buying coke that has fentanyl in it and people are dying.
I don't have a ton of experience with it, but I've only seen it as transdermal patches, so that sounds like bullshit to me =)

no, that really happens. it is possible to source analogues of fentanyl that are even more potent than fentanyl and "grey market" legal. (sufentanyl, carfentanyl). its gotten to the point where police don't even field test heroin anymore, because of the number of cops that have accidentally gotten fucked up from fentanyl.

fentanyl analogues becoming available ~5 years ago are why i quit buying drugs online. too many stories of vendors accidentally shipping the wrong product and people dying because of it. no bueno.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
no, that really happens. it is possible to source analogues of fentanyl that are even more potent than fentanyl and "grey market" legal. (sufentanyl, carfentanyl). its gotten to the point where police don't even field test heroin anymore, because of the number of cops that have accidentally gotten fucked up from fentanyl.

fentanyl analogues becoming available ~5 years ago are why i quit buying drugs online. too many stories of vendors accidentally shipping the wrong product and people dying because of it. no bueno.

Crazy! I refuse to even write for it. Too addictive, only crazy people ask for it. No thank you.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i was given a fentanyl patch last time i was in the hospital for an extended stay (chemotherapy), and i straight up didn't like it. it made me weirdly anxious and gave me crazy vivid uncomfortable dreams. never again.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
i was given a fentanyl patch last time i was in the hospital for an extended stay (chemotherapy), and i straight up didn't like it. it made me weirdly anxious and gave me crazy vivid uncomfortable dreams. never again.

Sorry, I understand that it has it's place (ie. chemo). I try not to call sick people crazy...but some of them are fucking crazy =)

• 1Solidarity

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Anybody here actually been addicted to opiates? Just casual users here? There is a psychological aspect to opiate addiction and it is worse then the physical. Didn't want to bring it up, but we seem to have experts here.

Methadone and Suboxone are life savers imho, as long as the person in said programs actually wants to helps themselves.

I loved soundgarden! Black hole sun was actually first song I heard from them in high school, had to find everything by them after that and wasn't disappointed. KRA!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I gamed with an ex-heroin addict. He accredited Methadone with saving his life, marriage. He also said heroin is hard to kick but nothing like Methodone, he said he didn't think he'd ever be able to get off of it. No idea what he's up to these days, met him playing Titan Quest when it was still fairly new.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i've always wanted to recreationally try methadone even tho i don't need it for its intended purpose haha. its part opioid and part dissociative (i love dissociatives...)

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Methadone is indeed a life saver, I can vouch for that myself. Opiate addiction is fickle beast and you can be clean for a year+ and just have no desire to do anything productive without an opioid. Also depends on how much you were using in the past and other factors also play into it(route of administration etc.).

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Be careful with Methadone. Everyone reacts differently to it. A 10mg pill can be lethal if your body doesn't like it.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
In my experience, physicians who prescribe Suboxone are shady AF. It's very profitable to run a Suboxone clinic. I don't think I've ever known a provider who starts people on Suboxone and then develops a plan to help the patient taper their dose over time. They just count on that person coming in and paying for an office visit monthly to get their refill.

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
A lot of it can be very shady, that is the problem with a lot of medical practitioners tbh. I have been on both, Suboxone and Methadone and me personally prefers Methadone. Right now I don't see myself tapering down to be completely abstinent any time in the foreseeable future, as I have done many times before. I think I have pretty much changed my brain chemistry for good with previous abuse when I was younger, it is sad to say but when I am completely clean I have no desire to really do anything, no motivation. I could honestly just sit in a room and not socialize with anybody and just wither away, it sucks but I can do what is best for me now and that is continue to take my Methadone.

• 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Anybody here actually been addicted to opiates? Just casual users here? There is a psychological aspect to opiate addiction and it is worse then the physical. Didn't want to bring it up, but we seem to have experts here.

Methadone and Suboxone are life savers imho, as long as the person in said programs actually wants to helps themselves.

I loved soundgarden! Black hole sun was actually first song I heard from them in high school, had to find everything by them after that and wasn't disappointed. KRA!

Its been a long time since I've gone over the literature but there are very good physical reasons why you feel that way. I.E. permanent alterations to specific serotonin transport functions. abstract not on hand, but it was considered a fascinating revelation at the time. So again, not a lack of serotonin per se, but a more complicated issue with serotonin transport itself. Again, the study concluded the word "permanent" was necessary.

There are other receptor problems that need to heal as well, and it does heal. Its proven at this point that Opioid Growth Factor does exist at the receptor sites, but how to assist it nobody knows. Once the sites have fully recovered, you will still be dealing with transport issues however. Its possible it could take 3-5 years for OGF to spawn in and complete its repair.

If you ever try again, just remember that countries like Singapore (where they don't have a $$$ medical industry. Smiling hard at 30 day rehab, disgusting :) ) regard an opiate recovery to take 2 years. They used to lock users up in state rehab for 1 year but they realized that is too short and the relapse was too high so it was changed to 2 years state rehab.

As far as something real that you can try once you are that far out and serious about healing up, you can try LDN or Low Dose Naltrexone, I prefer ultra LDN but many will use regular LDN. Many regular people use LDN just for general health benefits and well-being. Its not strictly an opiate repair treatment. You take a few micrograms to start. You can find the protocols online. If you get a year out and you need something beneficial to your chemistry, you go with the ULDN at bed time.

There is an Israeli chemical company that provides ULDN. Standard LDN can be purchased many places on various health sites but I dont know how many I would trust. Its also not something you just buy and toss around. Its serious stuff for serious people who have done serious reading.

Last edited:
  • 1Like