RIP Mr Hawking

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
To be buried in Schrödinger's box, alive and dead.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
He died on Albert Einstein's birthday and Pi day. Even going out, dude had to fuck with the odds.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Where did he live? Now explain how time zones work, you fucking dingus. Sounds like someone needs to briefly read about time. Hawkward.

Hawking died in his home in Cambridge, England

DAMNIT. Got so excited by the chance to zing Lithose that I forgot to do some basic fact checking. I feel like every article written by the Washington Post for the last two years.

• 11Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 11 users

Ridas

Pay to play forum
RIP

giphy.gif

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Amazed that he lived as long as he did and achieved what he did considering his illness - unlike most of the plebs today who would open a fucking patreon for pitybux and wallow in self-pity on twitter.

Godspeed you crazy voiced, wheelchair bound brainbox.

• 1Solidarity

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Amazed that he lived as long as he did and achieved what he did considering his illness - unlike most of the plebs today who would open a fucking patreon for pitybux and wallow in self-pity on twitter.

Godspeed you crazy voiced, wheelchair bound brainbox.
In one interview, he credited his illness for his achievements; he said that if he had been able bodied and normal, he would have probably been a lazy fuck student.

• 1Solidarity

dizzie

Triggered Happy
In one interview, he credited his illness for his achievements; he said that if he had been able bodied and normal, he would have probably been a lazy fuck student.

Yeah he was a lazy fuck student at Oxford, he estimated that he only spent 1k hours doing his initial degree there.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Can anyone tell me what Hawking actually did for science? You know, besides basically nothing? Dudes a genius because he came up with some theories, the majority of which were never even proven to be true that even if proven to be true, have no impact on society whatsoever.

• 2Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Can anyone tell me what Hawking actually did for science? You know, besides basically nothing? Dudes a genius because he came up with some theories, the majority of which were never even proven to be true that even if proven to be true, have no impact on society whatsoever.

Helped make it mainstream, got lots of people interested in shit that may not have been otherwise. Kind of hard to put a hard number on a contribution like that. Hard to tell how many kids went into STEM type fields instead of SNAP.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy

Helped make it alot more popular and accessible for the masses?

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Helped make it alot more popular and accessible for the masses?

Helped make what more popular? Useless science that doesn't contribute anything to humanity? I mean, this dude is hailed as one of the greatest geniuses of all time and yet he literally didn't contribute anything that has impacted anyone's life in any meaningful way whatsoever really. Sorry but this guy is massively overrated and credited when he didn't really actually do much of anything useful.

• 5Picard
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Helped make what more popular? Useless science that doesn't contribute anything to humanity? I mean, this dude is hailed as one of the greatest geniuses of all time and yet he literally didn't contribute anything that has impacted anyone's life in any meaningful way whatsoever really. Sorry but this guy is massively overrated and credited when he didn't really actually do much of anything useful.

If you feel like that why bother posting in his RIP thread. Maybe piss off someplace else and stop shitting it up?

• 1Solidarity

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Shit, this makes me sad. Maybe Musk can put his casket on the next rocket so Stephen can finally have his dream of going into space. :(

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Reread my post. If he got even a few kids interested in STEM, he contributed more than most people contribute to society.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Helped make it mainstream, got lots of people interested in shit that may not have been otherwise. Kind of hard to put a hard number on a contribution like that. Hard to tell how many kids went into STEM type fields instead of SNAP.

Well said really the best response. He got eyeballs on the field and inspired.

I'm on a few other forums and Stephen Hawking bashing is all the rage right now so don't let me get in the way. Carry on gents.

• 1Like