RIP Telltale Games

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The Batman series on Switch was fucking amazing (granted it was the full thing). Zero fucks about studios except those that try to fuck their player base, those can choke on all the dicks.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Seems as good a time as any to start eulogizing Telltale, so in that vein, here's a weird fucking bit of Telltale trivia I've got for you guys, that I think at least a few of you may appreciate. Some of you may recall that--in defiance of any common sense--Telltale made a narrative-driven game for Minecraft a ways back. What you probably don't recall is that one of the writers credited on that game is Michael Kirkbride.

For those of you for whom the name doesn't ring a bell, Michael Kirkbride used to work at Bethesda, up until some time after the release of Morrowind, and still does little bits of contract work for them now and then. You know all that really weird metaphysical Deep Lore that the Elder Scrolls games have? Kirkbride is pretty much responsible for all of it. CHIM and Zero-Summing, the Towers, the Godhead, Vivec being married to the Daedric Prince of Rape (and everything else from the 36 Lessons of Vivec), the dwarves turning themselves into the golden skin of a semi-divine golem, the Divine Crusader from the Oblivion DLC being a time-traveling robot from the future--all Kirkbride.

For some reason, the fact that the two things I know him for are writing that, and writing the "Patton Oswalt needs to win the building contest" arc in Minecraft, just tickles me.
Thats interesting because i always thought that metaphysical lore was my favorite part about morrowind. It made the game feel so much deeper knowing there was a weird undercurrent beneath it.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My kids love the walking dead stories of this. So I preordered the last season for them on psn. If this is canceled well they be refunding everyone? Or will be sony steam ECT be left to fix this mess.

Hate to break it to you but Soygen Soygen has a better shot at getting his $1 back from Brad.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
400+ employees holy mismanagement Batman? Weren't the games like glorified cutscenes with extra gameplay? With the high-end licenses they had its hard to imagine the depth of mismanagement that put them out of business … ;(

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
clementine-will-remember-that-while-fapping_o_3941325.jpg

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
Can't you just dispute the payment with whatever payment carrier you used?

don't do that with a psn/xbox/steam account, if you reverse charges on something they will perma ban your account. i assume steam will probably refund you, psn/xbox is much harder

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
With Steam you can just refund anyways I guess because you have 0 hours on the game? I don't know, I don't really see the point in preordering a digital purchase so I have no first hand experience

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Just to be clear, they're doing more Stranger Things (TV Series), it's just their shitty "game" adaptation that gets cut?

The idea that Netflix cancelled Stranger Things because TellTale Games shut down is such a Picard it made me Worf

• 8Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 11 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The idea that Netflix cancelled Stranger Things because TellTale Games shut down is such a Picard it made me Worf

Stranger Things season 2 was about as shitty as the latest walking dead game lol.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Has to be within 2 weeks

I looked into it

You may refund your pre-order any time prior to the release of the game.

If the pre-order title was purchased more than 3 months ago, you may not be able to refund back to your original payment method. However, you may still request a credit to your Steam wallet.

Pre-Order Refunds - Refunds and Returns - Knowledge Base - Steam Support

So cancel your preorder now, glorious PC Gaming masters racers
Suck on a fat one, Xbros and PS4sies

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I looked into it

You may refund your pre-order any time prior to the release of the game.

If the pre-order title was purchased more than 3 months ago, you may not be able to refund back to your original payment method. However, you may still request a credit to your Steam wallet.

Pre-Order Refunds - Refunds and Returns - Knowledge Base - Steam Support

So cancel your preorder now, glorious PC Gaming masters racers
Suck on a fat one, Xbros and PS4sies

Ahh, I thought the situation was about an unreleased episode rather than a season. My bad

spronk

FPS noob
the thing is you buy a "season", and Telltale seems to be saying now that the season pass is complete with episode 1 & 2. I don't know if they promised more episodes or not, you would have already gotten episode 1 and EP2 comes out in a few days. So dunno if steam will auto refund since you have like 50% of the alleged product, may have played more than 3 hours of it already, etc.

Looking briefly at the community forum for the game, so far everyone has said steam hasn't yet processed any refund requests.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What do you guys think happened to Clem?

[–]hanoj10 [score hidden] 43 minutes ago
She became a stripper and learn to pop that pussy like a real one.

[–]Juicyboofs [score hidden] 12 minutes ago
Eeww

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
the thing is you buy a "season", and Telltale seems to be saying now that the season pass is complete with episode 1 & 2. I don't know if they promised more episodes or not, you would have already gotten episode 1 and EP2 comes out in a few days. So dunno if steam will auto refund since you have like 50% of the alleged product, may have played more than 3 hours of it already, etc.

Looking briefly at the community forum for the game, so far everyone has said steam hasn't yet processed any refund requests.
yea, just b/c you EXPECT 5 episodes person, b/c it's been that way since the series release, however season pass just means whatever the company wants to release within that time frame.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
the whine begins
83j2wAc.jpg

I mean its solid advice. Lots of people put extra effort in trying to advance their careers and the company ends up fucking them. I ended up starting my own business for this very reason. Now I might have to work twice as hard, but I know the only person responsible for my downfall is me in the end. Not Joe fucking up the books dipshit in the corner office who puts in about 10% of the effort as the rest of the people.

Ok back on topic.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I mean its solid advice. Lots of people put extra effort in trying to advance their careers and the company ends up fucking them. I ended up starting my own business for this very reason. Now I might have to work twice as hard, but I know the only person responsible for my downfall is me in the end. Not Joe fucking up the books dipshit in the corner office who puts in about 10% of the effort as the rest of the people.

Ok back on topic.
yea but thats "crunch", it's an industry standard that you slave away for the deadline.

• 1Dislike