RIP Telltale Games

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
It's hard to say to what extent SJWs played in their downfall.

I think the majority of people here agree that it was both having far too many employees and saturating the market that were the primary causes for their downfall. They should have taken more time and thought these things through longer with a smaller company.

That said, there was also a drop in the quality of their stories, and their base technology really was stagnant. While I don't think they were pushing femagendas as strongly as some companies have been lately, they most certainly did show the typical signs of SJW rot in their bloated employment and lack of technical achievement. Additionally, their stories becoming more boring and 'safe' over time is another key and hard to measure consequence of a company going more SJW. That happens to be a particularly bad thing to have happen if storytelling is how you make your money.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
The next big company I imagine that will get hit is Ubisoft, their games have become incredibly safe and boring and their team sizes are absolutely insane, something like 2000+ people work on each Asassins Creed game for example. God knows how but they manage to sell 8m+ copies each year, but I think this year between RDR 2 and Fortnite the audience just isn't going to be there for them. Not gonna matter much one year, but if next year the same fate befalls Division 2, Watch Dogs 3, their pirate game, etc I could see a huge panic there.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
It doesn't have to necessarily be about the SJW propaganda residing inside the content of their games, that's Disney's and Electronic Art's thing.

It can be about the actual practice of Social Justice inside the structure of the company itself. Not the pushing or the sale of the drug per se, but the actual snorting and consumption of it, wholesale.

You could be a company that manufactures iron and steel floor drains. There is no room to propagandize Social Justice in your product itself. A floor drain is a floor drain is a floor drain. But you could very easily, if so desired, implement Social Justice inside the every day functioning of your floor drain company. The end result would definitely be a more expensive floor drain in order to pay for the food and wages of the new non-productive cult members that have now leeched onto your floor drain company in order to thought-police your staff for signs of heresy. And probably also you will end up with a less well made floor drain than your competitor because under the philosophy of Social Justice... meritocracy is the absolute height of evil so the end result would be that the people making your drains and managing the drain production will no longer be the best and the smartest, but rather they will be the most 'socially just'.

I don't know enough about Telltale to say if this is what has happened or not, but just because their games maybe didn't push the Social Justice agenda doesn't mean that the Social Justice agenda didn't rot them from the inside out.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
ass credd 1
AC1_DevTeam.jpg

the infamous "cream jade" pic

ass creed2
AC2_DevTeam.jpg

ass creed brotherhood
ACB_DevTeam.jpg

ass creed 3
AC3_DevTeam.jpg

ass creed 4
AC4_DevTeam.jpg

This all looks normal, you have a few womyn in the team, probably as the unofficial "secretary" (we'll just call her the office manager), maybe a few artists, and they're all making AAA games

what the fuck are you doing w/ so many womyn "devs"???

• 1Like

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
The only question is how many of the pictured are actual productive participants in development vs how many of them are hired thought police.

If it takes that many people to make a modern AAA game, and if they make money doing it, then more power to them.

If any more than maybe 2 or 4 of them are HR Social Justice inquisitors, then they're fucked no matter what. (Unless we elect a Bernie type to give them federal 'Social Justice Subsidies'. In which case their company is not fucked, we all are.)

You have to pick between competitive capitalism or social justice. You can't have both.

• 1Like

goishen

Macho Ma'am
And probably also you will end up with a less well made floor drain than your competitor because under the philosophy of Social Justice... meritocracy is the absolute height of evil so the end result would be that the people making your drains and managing the drain production will no longer be the best and the smartest, but rather they will be the most 'socially just'.

Err, you know what meritocracy means, correct?

I mean, I have no problem with your post, except for this line. In fact, I agree with many of the points you bring up.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Err, you know what meritocracy means, correct?

I mean, I have no problem with your post, except for this line. In fact, I agree with many of the points you bring up.
I guess in a world where your social justice score is the only relevant value, meritocracy would put this score over all other things, because you "earned" your rank/position by being the best most progressive most accepting most allied greatest person/perdaughter in the world. That'd be one way to view it I guess, but yeah otherwise meritocracy in the current state is basically the opposite of putting SJWs over qualified people.

• 1Like

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
but yeah otherwise meritocracy in the current state is basically the opposite of putting SJWs over qualified people.

Objective meritocracy is what I meant by it. This would be in opposition to Subjective meritocracy.

It's why Affirmative Action exists, so as to establish a Subjective Meritocracy. It is not enough to simply remove barriers to entry based on group status and then judge each individual, objectively, as an individual... as MLK would have had us do. That would be the liberal thing to do but the Cult is not liberal, it is authoritarian. The Ctrl-Left.

We have to artificially elevate less qualified people based on their Progressive Oppression Point Score in order to signal to the professorial clergy that we have not committed a heresy and that we are successfully atoning for our Original Sins.

If Telltale are practitioners of this philosophy then there is little doubt that they are widely infested with under qualified people. In this particular case, this sect of the Cult is less concerned with the Oppressed Group known as 'black' and more concerned with the one known as 'female'. It doesn't really matter which group you are artificially elevating, it is the act of artificial elevation itself wherein the rot lies.

Again I am not familiar enough with Telltale to say if they were applying this philosophy. But if they were, then this is the method by which the Devourer consumes wealth and leaves people destitute in its wake. They are now jobless and wealth generation has ceased. This is not the stated goal of the Cult, but the tragedy is that it is the inevitable outcome of its applied epistemological precepts.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last, slouches towards Moscow to be born...

• 1Like

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
STOP MAKING ME DO THIS

CqUBxnn.gif

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
How long before they realize they all got canned because they suck ass?

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Shame, I'm just now discovering this company. Minecraft Story Mode is basically perfect for my 5yo and I like the different perspective from the Borderlands one
All are really polished and feel like they're true to their source.

Edit: I grew up on Monkey Island, Full Throttle, Sam and Max, etc

• 1Like

Cybsled

Kirkman is probably thinking "I'm running out of ideas, let me use Clementine!"

• 1Salty