RIP Tom Petty

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Wife and i went to one of his last concerts at the end of his tour in sac last month. Fucken sucks.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Tom Petty's Daughter Slams 'Rolling Stone' For False Reports Of Her Dad's Death
@rollingstone my dad is not dead yet but your fucking magazine is ⚡️⚡️⚡️your slime has been pieces of tabloid dog shit. You put the worst artists on your covers do zero research. How dare you report that my father has died just to get press because your articles and photos are so dated. I will fucking shit down your throat and your family's . Try not being a trump vibe. This is my father not a celebrity. An artist and human being. Fuck u

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Glad the reports were false. Though, likely being on life support after a heart attack isn't a good sign for him.

I love good songwriters. I would never listen to him on the radio, but hell yeah. He knew how to craft a song. And if you look at it, it is usually so simple! That's talent.

Oldbased

> Than U
He for real dead this time. 8:40 PM PST. Unless of course he is alive again somehow. RIP TP. I loved most of his shit.

• 1Solidarity

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I've been to 2 concerts this year. Soundgarden, 3 days before Chris Cornell died, and Tom Petty(a week after the Soundgarden show)

I think I may not push my luck and see anyone else I like this year.

Alternately, if you want to see someone gone, send me a concert ticket...

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Fucking thing sucks! I was so close to seeing him at Bottle Rock this year, but had some family shit come up, so I had to miss it. Regretting that like a motherfucker right now.

I have extremely fond memories of this song(my favorite of his), as it pretty much epitomized the "music video" era for me - growing up in the 90s. I probably saw this video at least 100 times on MTV during that era.

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I've been to 2 concerts this year. Soundgarden, 3 days before Chris Cornell died, and Tom Petty(a week after the Soundgarden show)

I think I may not push my luck and see anyone else I like this year.

Alternately, if you want to see someone gone, send me a concert ticket...
Rush isn't touring anymore but don't even think about it

• 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Glad the reports were false. Though, likely being on life support after a heart attack isn't a good sign for him.

Between 4% and 11% recovery rate depending if you ask USA doctors or Japanese doctors (the only other country that has studied heart attack oxygen deprivation and long term life support)

USA will tell you 1-2%, its actually "much" higher but our system is designed to limit bed space and taking hundreds of thousands of dollars a year from hopeful relatives.

Those are your "full cognitive recovery" percentages. The moral issue is if the recovery doesn't happen but you're a vegetable. You get to watch and listen to people discuss your death around you and then eventually kill you while you are completely paralyzed unable to speak or move at all. Sort of like being knocked unconscious, that state you are in where you are "waking up" (if anyone has been knocked out here). A very sick and disgusting death compared to a massive heart attack that just completely wipes you out leaving you DOA.

Which is why our system of killing off heart attack victims ASAP can probably claim the moral high ground. That is, until every household carries a ventilator with a spouse that is trained in how to deploy it really quickly. The recovery rates would become exponentially better, but even then, only the wealthy would really be able to afford the long term bed space for someone to make a cognitive recovery.

Last edited:

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Running down a Dream is one of the best driving songs ever and I've had it somewhere in my car since the cassette tape days. RIP

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I really like his character on King of the Hill. Sad that both halves of the duo are gone.

tumblr_mjtthgPoxI1s5pl1ro1_500.png

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Just seen him at Del Mar, CA a couple weeks ago he looked pretty ragged then, honestly thought it was just the long tour getting him.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Rarely saw him without a cigarette in hand. He should have smoked whatever brand that is keeping Keith Richards alive.

Last edited: