RIP Visceral Games

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
And the Star Wars game they were working on. EA claims another studio.

EA Refocuses Amy Hennig Star Wars Game, Visceral Games Closing - IGN

dead-space-standard-edition_pdp_3840x2160_en_WW.jpg

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dead Space 1 was the only good game to ever come out of that studio and that was about a decade ago. Nothing of value was lost here.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Vaclav

Dead Space 1 was the only good game to ever come out of that studio and that was about a decade ago. Nothing of value was lost here.

I'd say Dead Space 2 as well - but yea, weak portfolio overall.

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
In other words, welcome to "Star Wars Battlewatch" or a Star Wars Destiny Clone.

DS1 was fantastic. I also loved 2. Hardline was one of the worst games I have ever played.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'd like to take this moment to say that the world needs a new Jedi Knight game that stays true to the originals.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
In other words, welcome to "Star Wars Battlewatch" or a Star Wars Destiny Clone.

DS1 was fantastic. I also loved 2. Hardline was one of the worst games I have ever played.
From the blurb in the press release:
the title will be reshaped "to be a broader experience that allows for more variety and player agency, leaning into the capabilities of our Frostbite engine and reimagining central elements of the game to give players a Star Wars adventure of greater depth and breadth to explore."
Sounds more like Star Wars: Andromeda to me.

If they actually made a Star Wars Destiny clone that could be fantastic by comparison.

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Dead Space was (is) still one of my favorite games of all time. The lore was so good.

Fuck you EA.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
What? EA would never shut down a studio that was doing perfectly fine before they got their hands on them.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I picked up Hardline over a year and a half ago (or more?) for super cheap and still have not even got it to the title screen. Saw it recently on my system when I couldn't DL something due to lack of space, and was like wtf is this again? Hardline something?

So what you're saying is... free up those bytes?

• 1Like

sukik

I'd like to take this moment to say that the world needs a new Jedi Knight game that stays true to the originals.
With the reasons they gave for this shake up I don't think we're ever going to get any sort of Star Wars single player game that isn't a tacked on campaign for a multiplayer game that's riddled with loot crates and micro transactions.

I picked up Hardline over a year and a half ago (or more?) for super cheap and still have not even got it to the title screen. Saw it recently on my system when I couldn't DL something due to lack of space, and was like wtf is this again? Hardline something?

So what you're saying is... free up those bytes?
While it's not as good as their earlier creations, Hardline isn't bad for what it is. It's probably the best made Battlefield single player campaign in the franchise and was worth the 5$ I paid for it.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I hope Anthem is awesome. Why do people just root for studios to fail, then complain about how there's no good games?

• 1Like

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Bioware needs to die so the good devs can fuck off and reform together to make good games away from EA.

• 3Solidarity