RIP Visceral Games

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
If EA is calling it a train wreck, and yet still launched ME:A, I cannot even imagine their definition of train wreck.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
If EA is calling it a train wreck, and yet still launched ME:A, I cannot even imagine their definition of train wreck.

Something that they see no way of easily shoehorning microtransactions into.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
oh wow i had no idea this was the game Amy Henning was working on, thats too bad. I woulda liked a story driven, Uncharted style Star Wars game. I assume the game was turning out just terrible though, and I'd rather have no new Star Wars game than a terrible one.

Its kinda ironic that the Star Wars license EA bought is going to expire in a few years and the only games they have to show are 2 Battlefront games. I think Respawn (Titanfall) is working on one as well, not sure if thats the one that the Jade chick is also working on or if thats another one.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I assume the game was turning out just terrible though, and I'd rather have no new Star Wars game than a terrible one.

EA doesn’t cancel horrible games. They probably only cancelled it because they couldn’t get it to compile after three years.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
oh wow i had no idea this was the game Amy Henning was working on, thats too bad. I woulda liked a story driven, Uncharted style Star Wars game. I assume the game was turning out just terrible though, and I'd rather have no new Star Wars game than a terrible one.

Its kinda ironic that the Star Wars license EA bought is going to expire in a few years and the only games they have to show are 2 Battlefront games. I think Respawn (Titanfall) is working on one as well, not sure if thats the one that the Jade chick is also working on or if thats another one.

Yeah, it's pretty amazing how badly they've squandered the Star Wars license, especially considering how big the IP has become again. As much as I buy multiplayer games, I'm definitely a singleplayer, story type of gamer, and huge SW nerd, so it sucks we won't be seeing this type of game any time soon. I'm with you, the release of ME:A has me thinking I'd rather see no game than shit on that level, or worse.

Jade Raymond's studio, Motive, was helping on work with this game and Battlefront 2. They're also the studio that absorbed Bioware:Montreal, the guys who made ME:A. Who knows what they are doing now.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, ME:A sucked because all the leads were white men. /s

Weren't all the leads white men on all the other ME's also? And how does this clown get a pass on being an unabashedly overt racist in a time when people freak out at even the most mundane statements?

Fuck this guy.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
In case anyone has not played it or just wants to replay it Dead Space 1 is for free on Origin right now.

I grabbed DS2 on steam a few months ago for 4.99 and first two games of this series really are fantastic. If they seriously thought DS2 was a "disappointment" because it only sold 4 million that's more of a failure on EA's part to not realize that's a fantastic number for a survival horror single player game!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
In case anyone has not played it or just wants to replay it Dead Space 1 is for free on Origin right now.

I grabbed DS2 on steam a few months ago for 4.99 and first two games of this series really are fantastic. If they seriously thought DS2 was a "disappointment" because it only sold 4 million that's more of a failure on EA's part to not realize that's a fantastic number for a survival horror single player game!

Yeah fuck EA for shitting on Dead Space 2. Great game.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah fuck EA for shitting on Dead Space 2. Great game.

Yeah when i saw that quote i could hardly believe it.

That's all on management for not realizing the game was never going to sell 10 million copies and wasting so much money on what is like a 10 hour single player survival horror game... It's not indicative of a failing on the part of the game.