RIP Visceral Games

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Bioware needs to die so the good devs can fuck off and reform together to make good games away from EA.

Already happened but I am sure there are a few left.

Bioware is pure garbage right now. What sucks is EA has the exclusive on the NFL and Star Wars.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I hope Anthem is awesome. Why do people just root for studios to fail, then complain about how there's no good games?

That's not just any studio. Also there are plenty of great games. Just not coming from EA.

• 1Solidarity

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Holy fucking shit what the fuck is wrong with EA, was looking forward to this game and instead we will just get more trash. Great company.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Holy fucking shit what the fuck is wrong with EA, was looking forward to this game and instead we will just get more trash. Great company.

They probably missed a timeline when they reset the project with Amy Hennig, and blamed Visceral rather than their piss poor management.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Already happened but I am sure there are a few left.

Bioware is pure garbage right now. What sucks is EA has the exclusive on the NFL and Star Wars.

Then owning both is such a fucking atrocity. This is how people start to hate capitalism.

Indie games are great but it's almost impossible for them to make truly epic scale games without big budgets like major studios.

• 1Like

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Dead Space are not the type of games I seek out, but the first 2 games I really enjoyed. EA put them on Origin then for the 3rd title...wonder if it had been on steam if they would have been able to limp to a 4th game. Extra launchers can blow me.

• 1Like

Sulrn

Deuces
I hope Anthem is awesome. Why do people just root for studios to fail, then complain about how there's no good games?

Capitalism.

The market needs to show SJW / Gender Queer politics don't make for good games. Nor do they do anything but destroy good companies as the infection spreads. Bioware / EA Edmonton being the lead studio on this front.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Capitalism.

The market needs to show SJW / Gender Queer politics don't make for good games. Nor do they do anything but destroy good companies as the infection spreads. Bioware / EA Edmonton being the lead studio on this front.
Capitalism is destroying games already. See the lootbox threads.

It's really a race now to see whether capitalism or SJWs can destroy games first.

• 1Salty

khorum

Murder Apologist
Capitalism is destroying games already. See the lootbox threads.

It's really a race now to see whether capitalism or SJWs can destroy games first.
You really need a new gimmick apart from false equivalency.

There's this gulf between the objective reality of how Capitalism has IMPROVED EVERYTHING and what you subjectively relate it to whatever mutated SJW dumbthink abortion you people have prolapsed into the world and no amount of tubgirl witchcraft is ever gonna bridge it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sulrn

Deuces
I'm sure it would be, but I'm not sure I want to see what 1313 has turned into after both Lucas and EA have meddled with its identity.

I thought the saltiness of this one was particularly good. Meanwhile we have people still looking to buy Battlefront 2 because loot boxes aren't that big a deal and star cards are sp rewards as well...

Long live EA!

• 1Worf

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
You really need a new gimmick apart from false equivalency.

There's this gulf between the objective reality of how Capitalism has IMPROVED EVERYTHING and what you subjectively relate it to whatever mutated SJW dumbthink abortion you people have prolapsed into the world and no amount of tubgirl witchcraft is ever gonna bridge it.

How is SJWism more of a cause for loot cates than the desire to make money?

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Alien Isolation blew Dead Space out of the water for space horror.

• 2Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I dont buy these games for the multiplayer. If they stop supporting single player campaigns they will lose a lot of sales.

• 2Solidarity

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I buy these games for the loot boxes. I live for the rush of cracking a pack.

The true horror is running out of virtual currency.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
IMG_0086.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
My man. My main man right there.

• 2Solidarity

Sulrn

Deuces
Indie games are great but it's almost impossible for them to make truly epic scale games without big budgets like major studios.

This is untrue. The business model that has been working for a while now is small projects for ip + fund generation / proof of concept for outside investment -> major release. How do you think Bioware ended up with ME / DA:O before EA purchased them? Look at their project history leading up to them.

The model still works, especially with KS / etc helping shore up the smaller projects.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Word is the game was a trainwreck and that's why the shift in developer and moving Amy Hennig off of it. Yes it's EA and that could just be their version of events but, if you remember, Uncharted 4 was in a bad way at the time she was forced out/left Naughty Dog also and they managed to right the ship without her. It's not out of the realm of possibility that this isn't just EA being EA and rather them trying to salvage this game, especially after ME:A beingly nearly universally hated. As far as the shift in direction from linear singleplayer to the addition of multiplayer, etc. if they had to retool the game anyway, it's not surprising they'd move that direction.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Yeah but it's their company, if the project was a train wreck after all this time that is their own fault. Seems like that's most of what they're putting out these days anyways.