Rise of the Tomb Raider

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I finally fixed the input lag. It was the Xbox one. Not sure if it was one, or all, that fixed it.

1) I no longer pass through tv through the Xbox. From what I have read, not only will your display quality suffer for tv itself, it also adds everything you take away while in game mode through its processing.

2) I forced HDMI through video settings and didn't use auto detect. Default was 640x480. So changed that to 1080p.

3) I hard reset the Xbox after clearing all the software.

It now is responsive and I can enjoy the game. Wirelessly controlled.

The software overhead on this thing fucking SUCKS.

Finally able to play. Game is awesome.

Malkav

French Madman
Glad you fixed it Ut.

Have been progressing slowly, escaped from the Gulag and saved the guy, nice twist at that point.

Aside from that, fuck caves, fuck wolves, and fuck caves with wolves.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Are there any other reasons to get an Xbox? I've got a PS4 (but mostly only for Bloodborne and The Last of Us), but I don't really play it much.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Not really. PS4 is better imo but not by that much, and having one is roughly equivalent of having the other, minus a few exclusives. Issue for me is Bloodborne is probably the best exclusive since Demon's Souls.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Are there any other reasons to get an Xbox? I've got a PS4 (but mostly only for Bloodborne and The Last of Us), but I don't really play it much.
None. This is the only game I have played more than 5 hours of. Halo 5 was a bust. Ori is on PC. This will come out on PS4 and PC soon enough. The only thing that may justify it for me is Quantum Break if it ever comes out.

Malkav

French Madman
Yup, still no real reason that I can think of.

At this point, I have a Xbox just because I have the disposable income, and a PS4 and a gaming PC. Well and the Xbox is a better media player than the PS4 imo.

No, if I could stop sucking at aiming with a motherfucking pad. My old ass can't get used to this shit.

spronk

FPS noob
forza series is pretty good too if you are super into driving games but i think driveclub will be just as good for most people. if you are really into halo you can get Halo MCC and Halo 5 i guess, i was pretty disappointed in both after how much hype buildup Halo has gotten

yeah my xbone is like 10% of usage compared to 90% for PS4, but still rise of the tomb raider and EA Access make it somewhat worthwhile. i'm also so goddamn lazy I've started buying games on xbox one just so i can play on it without having to get up, eject the tray, and swap discs on PS4. someone needs to invent a cd caddy thing for consoles!!

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Steam confirmed PC release of Rise of the Tomb Raider in January. Hyped.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Same here, guess it must have bombed on x1 lol! Looks like a terrific game, can't wait to poop sock it.

Malkav

French Madman
Damn, I could have waited for the best version then.

Meh, I'll get it on a sale and replay it in a few months I guess.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Just finished this up yesterday before Sunday Night Football. I am really happy I fixed my input lag problems. Story, Voice Acting, Puzzles, tombs, etc - all top notch. I also like I can go back now and see what I missed. Pretty sure I hit every tomb. The tomb challenges were all top notch. Is it true there are only 9 of these? Am I missing some? I'll have to start exploring more maps and see if I can trigger any more just in case.

Overall, you guys waiting for this for PC / PS4 will be impressed. It actually looked great on the Xbone, which shocked me - and ran very well after I fixed the input lag.

Makes me want to fire up Tomb Raider Definitive and finish that game now on PS4.

spronk

FPS noob
there is 1 extra tomb near the end I think, I thought it was 11 or 12 but I could be wrong

yeah i'm playing uncharted 1 right now (remaster) and its a night and day difference between how much better ROTR is than UC1. Unfair I know, a 6-7 year old game compared to 2015, but still there it is. Be interesting to see how UC4 rates to ROTR, although the multiplayer in the UC4 beta was pretty awesome

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just finished this up yesterday before Sunday Night Football. I am really happy I fixed my input lag problems. Story, Voice Acting, Puzzles, tombs, etc - all top notch. I also like I can go back now and see what I missed. Pretty sure I hit every tomb. The tomb challenges were all top notch. Is it true there are only 9 of these? Am I missing some? I'll have to start exploring more maps and see if I can trigger any more just in case.

Overall, you guys waiting for this for PC / PS4 will be impressed. It actually looked great on the Xbone, which shocked me - and ran very well after I fixed the input lag.

Makes me want to fire up Tomb Raider Definitive and finish that game now on PS4.
Yeah Uncharted 4 had the bar set real high.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah Uncharted 4 had the bar set real high.
Kind of? They are much different games. I like the more open world exploration of Tomb Raider, especially the Tomb challenges along side a good story campaign as well and many side things to do. I beat Uncharted 2 (Have yet to play 1 and 3), but these are heavily paced and linear obviously. They are so different in scope it would be hard to compare the two. Personally, after Rise of the Tomb Raider and the Reboot, I am thinking Uncharted is losing out.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Kind of? They are much different games. I like the more open world exploration of Tomb Raider, especially the Tomb challenges along side a good story campaign as well and many side things to do. I beat Uncharted 2 (Have yet to play 1 and 3), but these are heavily paced and linear obviously. They are so different in scope it would be hard to compare the two. Personally, after Rise of the Tomb Raider and the Reboot, I am thinking Uncharted is losing out.
Ya I worded that wrong meant to say Rise sat the bar high.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ya I worded that wrong meant to say Rise sat the bar high.
Oh ok. Yeah I am with you. After Rise of the Tomb Raider and The Tomb Raider Reboot (Which I will now go back and finish), Uncharted is like time warping back to 2001. They really need to change their formula. Uncharted 4 I am sure will be fun to play, but it will still be a linear mission style story line without any freedom in the world aside from what seems to be some minor choices in map design of routes you can take. With vehicles added.

Naughty Dog needs to start reinventing and quit relying on design methods from 10 years ago. I get that they are trying to create pacing (hard pacing) in a story, but honestly the answers they have given in interviews don't hold a lot of real world deployment light. And by that I mean... Let's use this example in Rise of the Tomb Raider:
Jonah gets kidnapped by Trinity, and Lara has to go save him and wants to save him and tells Jacob she is going to do just that before anything else, hell or high water
then at that point, I went to go futz around in 3 challenge tombs. About 2 hours later I went to do that particular mission. Now, Naughty Dog developers say that the pacing would be off and not highlight the severity of what was happening and the need for stricter pacing and makes that event not as believable.

I think that's garbage. I was impacted by the mission 2 hours after exploring some things just as much as if I would have hopped right to it. There is also an intangible here in which some time passes in game (As one explores) to get that mission into position into the first place - something Naughty Dog isn't taking into account.

Tl;Dr - Uncharted needs to reinvent itself and be more like Tomb Raider.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I am thinking Uncharted is losing out.
I have to agree with this, after playing the reboot it was really hard to play UC3, and if the RotTR is better than Naughty Dog will need to step it up. I also think they are pretty comparable overall.

I'm really excited for this game.