Rise of the Tomb Raider

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
The Tomb Raider reboot is getting a sequel. Here's the announcement trailer from E3 2014:

And a gameplay trailer/demo from E3 2015:

It looks to be more of the same, and that's perfectly fine by me. Granted, I haven't played any of the Uncharteds, but for me, Tomb Raider is second only to The Last of Us for the action/adventure style of games. If you haven't played it, and you're a fan of action/adventure games, you really should.

Oh and it's set to release November 2015.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
They've claimed in dev interviews that tombs will play a larger role this time around. You're definitely right, the tombs were not only optional but very forgettable in the first one.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
They've claimed in dev interviews that tombs will play a larger role this time around. You're definitely right, the tombs were not only optional but very forgettable in the first one.
Sure, but they made sense in the origin story; how many tombs can a single island have? Hopefully Lara will be a more worldly traveller this time around and more tombs can actually make sense.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Last one was alright.
I'm curious what aspect(s) you didn't like. For me, I hated the QTE's, but they were few and far between so I didn't feel they brought down experience as a whole in any significant way.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Have they said how long it is exclusive to x box one?

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I thought it was an excellent coming out story. I didn't like the QTE's and I would of preferred something a bit more open but overall the story and game play was excellent. Its not easy taking a legendary franchise character like that and telling a compelling origin story. They really nailed it IMO.

spronk

FPS noob
Its so dumb of them to timer exclusive it to xbox one AND release it on the same day as fallout 4. Makes it a no brainer to wait for ps4 version.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Its so dumb of them to timer exclusive it to xbox one AND release it on the same day as fallout 4. Makes it a no brainer to wait for ps4 version.
Tomb Raider looked really good on PC... just sayin. Hopefully the PS4 and PC version will release simultaneously in Q1 2016.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I didn't realize it was the same day as Fallout 4, makes it an easy to wait for PC on that alone

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I'm curious what aspect(s) you didn't like. For me, I hated the QTE's, but they were few and far between so I didn't feel they brought down experience as a whole in any significant way.
I was being positive. Didn't mean to bring you down bro.

spronk

FPS noob
i have a hard time believing this is true

But they say Tomb Raider PS4 will release a year later, Nov 2016, and sell for $40.

That seems ludicrously stupid on Square Enix's part - release the Xbox One version the same day as Fallout 4, and release the PS4 version a year later for $20 less? But this is SE so its probably true.

Poor Lara

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Whhhhyyyyyy...
frown.png

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Maybe it's not Microsoft that actually paid for the exclusivity... Maybe they owe Sony for the poor initial sales last time around...

spronk

FPS noob
they released shots of the 360 vs xbox one versions of the game, to be honest i'm kinda disappointed the xbox one version doesn't look insanely better. maybe its just crappy screen shots. at least her ass looks more defined in the xbox one version

rise-of-the-tomb-raider-xbox-one-vs-360-1.jpg

rise-of-the-tomb-raider-xbox-one-vs-360-2.jpg

rise-of-the-tomb-raider-xbox-one-vs-360-3.jpg