RL Picture Thread

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You're FoH's Jordan Peterson... which I agree, can annoy some people... other people like me who have a longer attention span don't mind it and love you for it :)

I didn't mind at all. In fact, I enjoyed the story. Probably because it's sounds a lot like something I'd do.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Okay so on the flip side, he also gets emotional on calls whereas I tend to be the 'robot' emotionless paramedic.

This hyper-emotion on his part has occasionally worked out in our favor, but I mostly see it as a negative.

He will tell some people to shut the fuck up and obey. I'm serious. It's like the old Mother, Jugs, and Speed days.

I won't do this. I will THINK it, but I won't say it. I am the sort that hunkers down and just does the job, knowing I have to answer to Supervisors and Operations Managers, and HR, and the Medical Director.

This leads him to occasionally jump to radical conclusions and then act on them. He once berated and scolded a patient for their behavior before he knew what their blood sugar was. Once it came back as 28, he backed off and let me take charge because he knew he had fucked up.

He might get an extra bag of fries at McDonalds, but I am the one who didn't talk shit to an old woman who was acting a fool because I kept it in my head, like a robot, that she might have low blood sugar.

Like I said, it's a fascinating thing on all fronts.
I'm the same way; super passionate to a fault. It's gotten me in trouble on more than one occasion, but the benefits have been far greater.

I'm a polarizing dude. People that like me, LOVE me, but those that don't, can't stand me. Sounds like your friend is similar.

• 1Like

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
There was a time when we had a 24 year old male who had a routine of getting drunk and his mother would call 911.

This dude played it up so bad. It was so obvious that he was simply drunk and nothing more than that, but he would make it sound like he was dying. It was routine for him and even his mother knew it.

We dragged his drunk ass out to the ambulance and he complained that we 'hit some bumps' on the sidewalk while we were wheeling him out on the gurney.

Once all the doors were closed in the ambulance, my partner got in his face and called him a pussy and told him to shut the fuck up. He said that we would take him to the hospital like he wanted but that we would not take any of his shit along the way.

This is one of those times that I sort of loved him.

This is the sort of thing that I only think, but I do not say. He will say it. It might fry his ass some day, but I am glad that he does it.

------

On the flip side, he also took this sort of attitude to a 64 old woman who was acting a fool. As I mentioned above, she wasn't drunk, she simply had a low blood sugar. He acted in this tough manner to her and he was wrong to do so.

-------

Denzel/Michael is an interesting person to work with. We have a lot of good conversations.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I didn't mind at all. In fact, I enjoyed the story. Probably because it's sounds a lot like something I'd do.
oh and p.s. while I'm in this thread: Your body is perfect imho. Whatever you're doing to get you there, you may need to tone it down so you don't get TOO ripped and look like a freakish gym-rat if you know what I mean. Some guys get to a super sexy lean muscular body but instead of maintaining that, keep bulking up and go too far.

I'm not a nutritionist or whatever so I don't pretend to know the numbers of calories ins / outs etc whatever but in laymans terms: You've reached a wonderful look that's worth maintaining. Unless (of course) your goals are to be the next Aaaaaahnold professionally or whatever! Looking really good though!

• 1Cringe
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
oh and p.s. while I'm in this thread: Your body is perfect imho. Whatever you're doing to get you there, you may need to tone it down so you don't get TOO ripped and look like a freakish gym-rat if you know what I mean. Some guys get to a super sexy lean muscular body but instead of maintaining that, keep bulking up and go too far.

I'm not a nutritionist or whatever so I don't pretend to know the numbers of calories ins / outs etc whatever but in laymans terms: You've reached a wonderful look that's worth maintaining. Unless (of course) your goals are to be the next Aaaaaahnold professionally or whatever! Looking really good though!

Thanks for the compliment. I appreciate it.

I'm definitely not trying to get any bigger. I was years ago and I didn't enjoy carrying the weight nor the amount of food I had to eat to maintain it.
Not to mention, at 42, it's just too much work.

Currently, I'm at 200 lbs (6') and I've maintained it for ~7 years. I'm exactly the same weight in both pics, but I did a slight body recomp that was roughly 5 lbs. The difference in the second pic is lighting, tan, and I had a bit of a pump.

I'd like to get a little leaner, but definitely not bigger.

• 1Weird Boner
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
That is Lagoon Drive on Oahu very close to the FedEx hub. Were you Getting Helicopter rides?

I have a good friend who operates his own business out that way (no doxing). He flies me out a few times a year, we work a few days then fuck off for a few days. It's a great deal.

• 1Solidarity

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
There was a time when we had a 24 year old male who had a routine of getting drunk and his mother would call 911.

This dude played it up so bad. It was so obvious that he was simply drunk and nothing more than that, but he would make it sound like he was dying. It was routine for him and even his mother knew it.

We dragged his drunk ass out to the ambulance and he complained that we 'hit some bumps' on the sidewalk while we were wheeling him out on the gurney.

Once all the doors were closed in the ambulance, my partner got in his face and called him a pussy and told him to shut the fuck up. He said that we would take him to the hospital like he wanted but that we would not take any of his shit along the way.

This is one of those times that I sort of loved him.

This is the sort of thing that I only think, but I do not say. He will say it. It might fry his ass some day, but I am glad that he does it.

------

On the flip side, he also took this sort of attitude to a 64 old woman who was acting a fool. As I mentioned above, she wasn't drunk, she simply had a low blood sugar. He acted in this tough manner to her and he was wrong to do so.

-------

Denzel/Michael is an interesting person to work with. We have a lot of good conversations.

Have you ever checked out Briggs/Meyers or DiSC? They are popular personality profiles that a lot of companies use to manage workplace harmony. Some of it is pretty interesting. Just keep in mind, not everyone fits in a box, but you might find some insight.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
IRL I tell people I am HappyGerbil.

That's gunna attract the wrong kind of attention. If anyone ever reacts positively to that, you should be worried. I used to have a shirt with a brunching shuttlecocks comic on it. I can't find an image now, but it basically said "whenever I'm feeling down or depressed, I remember I'm somebody's fetish". Well one night at a roller derby a dude tatted up like a cheetah wearing nothing but a loin cloth, roller skates, and a leash came up to me and said I was his fetish. I never wore that shirt in public again.

Anyways your partner. It's cause he's old. I'm betting the people who react positively to him do it cause he's old not because the attention makes them tingly in their nono place. Happy old people are awesome. It's OK to be ugly when youre old too. You're single, right? You need to get him to holler at these chicks for you. Be your hype man. Promise him you'll take pics for him. Which you will then share with us too.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I have a good friend who operates his own business out that way (no doxing). He flies me out a few times a year, we work a few days then fuck off for a few days. It's a great deal.

Next time you are out that way tell him to take you to Mitch's, it 5 mins away and the best Sushi you will find outside of Japan. No joke. Make him pay.

p27.png

• 3Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'll have to mention it to him for next time. We typically stop at Joe's Express for breakfast ( he goes everyday so we get hooked up) but I eat way to much loco moco. After work teypically head to Nico's for drinks an apps.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
My permanent partner at work (for the last 2 years and who knows for how much longer) is a 61 year old black man.

Whenever we go for lunch at whatever local fast food locale we choose for that day, we are almost always being served by a young female black or white. And, almost always, we are asked for our names for the to-go order.

Without exception and without hesitation, when asked his name, my partner ALWAYS tells the young woman asking him (even if it's a white woman) that his name is either Denzel Washington or Michael Jordan.

It's a fascinating thing. If the female he is talking to is under 40 years of age he will do this %100 of the time (if she is older than 40 he doesn't bother with it and just gives them his real name). Approximately %50 of the time the girl will either giggle and blush and play coy and give him his drink or his side for free, or she will look at him with a dead face and not react at all. I'm always so curious about the dead-faced ones. Are they dead-faced because they are sick and tired of old men hitting on them, or are they dead-faced because they simply do not understand the reference?

The ones who giggle, I assume, are quite happy to have a man's attention. My partner is slightly overweight and has a lazy-eye and is very clearly passed his prime. But even so, if he flirts with these girls, even given that he is 40+ years older than them, they seem to melt and to love it. Some of them fucking LOVE it.

We have a rule: The driver always orders first. He always drives so he always orders first. The logic is that if we were to get a sudden call, that he would at least be able to eat a few bites of food before we got to the ambulance, and then I would be able to eat a few bites of food on the way to call while sitting shotgun. It almost never matters, but that is our rule. So when he orders he always walks away from the counter with the smug look on his face and I ask him, "What name did you give?" and he will tell me either Denzel or Michael.

I feel like I need to keep a spreadsheet. I have this underlying desire to count the number of times he says Denzel vs the number of times he says Michael, then I want to correlate it to the exact age of the girl he is talking to and maybe even her race just for compeletionist reasons.

A full half of the time his flirtations gain him nothing. But a full half of the time they gain him either extra service, an extra item in his food bag, or at the very least some extra social attention in the form of the girl coming to our table to clean up after us before we leave.

Compare that to myself. I always just say, in an almost robotic tone, what my order is and what my name is. Nobody ever remembers me. I don't tell them that I am Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt. I'm just AngryGerbil and I'm just here to eat some tacos. Take my money and leave me alone. Which they do. But then, they NEVER come to my table to clean up after me while I'm still sitting there, and they never comp me a free drink or an extra side of fries.

Maybe I will try this when I am older and have less shame. I really don't know. Maybe I won't. Every time he does it I stand and watch in awe, no matter the outcome.
I can relate. I stare them straight in the eye and tell them my name is Elliott Rogers. They just say "ok" and put the name Elliott on my receipt. Judgement day is coming.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I can relate. I stare them straight in the eye and tell them my name is Elliott Rogers. They just say "ok" and put the name Elliott on my receipt. Judgement day is coming.

I once witnessed the most magnificent thing related to this. When asked "what's the name for this order?" the customer ripped the biggest, longest fart I've ever heard. It was magical. The girl behind the register laughed and said "thank you." When the order came up the guy said "Order for <huge fart noise made with mouth>"

Everyone standing there applauded. I wish I had video of the moment.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
You're FoH's Jordan Peterson... which I agree, can annoy some people... other people like me who have a longer attention span don't mind it and love you for it :)
Dude he’s not going to fuck you. Probably.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users