Robin Williams found dead

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Maybe he found out his third wife was a gold digger too. Seems odd to me that he cut one wrist and then hung himself with a belt. In fact it makes little to no sense at all. If he was in debt, and given the circumstances of his 3rd wife not even finding him within 12 hours, leaving without telling him where she was headed, or even saying good morning because she thought he was sleeping (Not to mention last I checked married people, unless in fights, typically sleep in the same bed) I would think Law Enforcement would be more interested in foul play more than they are. Either way, the wife not being there for 12+ hours, leaving without saying anything, not staying in the room, and the circumstances of one (not two?) slashed wrists and hung by a belt doesn't really make two and two go together.
Just wanted to comment on this. I've talked about it before, but it's worth reiterating I suppose.

Several years ago my mother attempted suicide (multiple times, in fact) when no one was home. When she was found there was a rope on the table, a butcher's knife on the floor with her wrists cut up and bleeding a little, and an empty bottle of pills with a bottle of wine next to it - she was passed out on the floor. We never got an answer but we assumed it was difficult for her to try to cut open her wrists - or perhaps she had second thoughts - or whatever it was. The point is, suicide is a strange business and no one knows what went through Robin's head.

We have some insight as to what went through my mother's head, but I still feel the truth of it is buried away.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
He's not a "random celebrity" to me. I was listening to some of his stand-up maybe an hour before I heard the news. I was like "dafuq?!". Dude was funny, and his observations about people were often true. Successful comedians seem to be smarter than average as a rule, and I really enjoy hearing them essentially lecture about the inequities of life through jokes.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Does the video get into the whole joke thievery thing?
no, its mostly about how williams like other comedians grew up in a dysfunctional home and how it affected his adult life and what ultimately led to his death, losing his tv show and possibly unable to pay for the alimony from his 2 previous marriages

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Does the video get into the whole joke thievery thing?
He talked about that on WTF, I had never really heard it before but what he said makes sense. He is spending a shitload of time in comedy clubs, most of his act is improv, he ends up repeating stuff he heard occasionally. It sounds like he paid them out, which is the right thing imo.

Denaut

Trump's Staff
He talked about that on WTF, I had never really heard it before but what he said makes sense. He is spending a shitload of time in comedy clubs, most of his act is improv, he ends up repeating stuff he heard occasionally. It sounds like he paid them out, which is the right thing imo.
I wish I could remember where I heard this (I think it might have been on Seinfeld's internet show) that he was always apologetic about that and like you said he would hand out cash on the spot if they told him that he stole their joke. The crux of it was that eventually comedians hard up for money would tell him that he stole their joke, even when he didn't, just to get payed and he had to stop.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Man I had never seen Fischer King. As sad as this is if one good thing came of it it's that I found out and watched this movie. It was amazing.

Khane

Seriously though, as funny and entertaining as Fisher King is the dialogue is the best part. I'm sure I've watched movies that tell a story better but I can't remember any. It's just raw and sincere and visceral and I can't imagine any way to put those kinds of emotions to words. Especially Mercedes' Ruehl's character. That whole scene after Jeff Bridges calls his agent was crazy good.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Seriously though, as funny and entertaining as Fisher King is the dialogue is the best part. I'm sure I've watched movies that tell a story better but I can't remember any. It's just raw and sincere and visceral and I can't imagine any way to put those kinds of emotions to words. Especially Mercedes' Ruehl's character. That whole scene after Jeff Bridges calls his agent was crazy good.
fisher king is so awesome. mercedes ruehl was excellent too. the shit williams got bridges to do in that flick. dude was like robin hood toward the end. i have only seen The World According to Garp once, but it will fuck with you by the end, especially if you have kids.

also since nobody has mentioned it (probably because it wasnt very well done) but he did a movie called The Night Listener.
The Night Listener (2006) - IMDb
i enjoyed it, it has a good mystery feel to it. its really not great, but its definitely worth watching.

Khane

He literally is robin hood while climbing that fucking wall. Hahah. "Thank God nobody looks up in this town"

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I realized something this morning. I kind of liked that silly movie, "Toys", that Robin starred in. Just tossed it onto my netflix queue. In other news, Burr is awesome. I've seen him live about 4 times, and how great was he in Breaking Bad? Good stuff.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I realized something this morning. I kind of liked that silly movie, "Toys", that Robin starred in.
If that is the one where LL Cool J camouflaged his way through the movie, I remember seeing that in the theater and thinking it was decent. Haven't seen even one second of it since then I think.

There's a conveniently-timed torrent pack of his movies (released literally like the day before he died I think) on IPT if anyone is interested. I think it is missing a couple, but overall it is a pretty good collection it looks like.