Robin Williams found dead

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
On top of all the classics he was also really good as the villain in Insomnia and One Hour Photo.

iannis

Musty Nester
I don't buy "depression" either.

Something triggered that, if it was suicide. Mania and depression were lifelong states for that man. He didn't just forget how to Robin Williams at the age of 63.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's just amazing how all these great comics usually have these demons inside of them which causes them to leave this earth so early. The Birdcage with him and Nathan Lane was one of the funniest movies I've seen. His serious roles were great too. What Dreams May Come is great and one of the few movies that I can think of that is really sad for most of it. RIP.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Nathan Lane is essentially playing the same character on Modern Family(a little more gay, less motherly)

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
The Genie from Aladdin and Alan Parish in Jumanji are what I remember the most growing up. RIP Robin

dak

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You obviously don't know shit about depression.
He supposedly had a lot of debt and was on the verge of bankruptcy, his two ex wives were extreme gold diggers. He is an old man and may have just been diagnosed with a chronic disease. I haven't heard discussion of whether drugs were in system at the time of death. Not a lot of details (which is fine), but it feels like the whole story isn't out.

Murdered is probably a bit far fetched (But not out of the question, hookers with heroin accidentally kill celebrities all the time), but I wouldn't be surprised if financial woes, bad drugs or private medical issues were the trigger.

This guy had access (and was surely encouraged to use) the best medical care in the world. It is a bad sign if the mental health community can't keep someone as prominent as Robin Williams chemically balanced and alive.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Talking straight from my ass, but he's apparently expressed a lot of shame in interviews over returning to drug and alcohol abuse after so long sober and how easy it was to "become an asshole again" (iirc) So maybe it was the shame of that mixed with a lifetime of chronic mania/depression that finally did him in. The same sort of self-loathing that Kurt Cobain talked about where he felt undeserving of all his fame and adoration while shooting up with heroin every day to keep his stomach pain away.

Hell, how many times have you seen a stand-up comedian where you couldn't tell how much of it was an act and how much of it was a therapy session? I have Patton Oswaldt and Louis CK in my dead pool.

Anyway, this has been a really shitty day. I mean, I hated my dad for killing himself and leaving his body and blood and brains for me to find when I was 12 because he left behind two kids who still needed a dad and he had a good job and was crazy smart and so on. I didn't know until years later about his manic depression and the Valium he was knocking himself out with and the anxiety and stress and feeling of inadequacy he was feeling at work and his growing agoraphobia (all of which I now understand all too well, yay genetics) so all of this with Williams really resonates because it seems he had so much to live for. How can someone with all of that fall so far into a pit that they kill themselves? Plus I remember watching specials like Live at the Met or Mork and Mindy with my dad and having a laugh together etc. But what my father left me with was this total fear of having anything worth losing. He offed himself because his wife left him and he was terrified of losing his job. So the solution is to have nothing, right? So instead of maybe becoming miserable, I make it a self-fulfilling certainty. But at least my fear of being suicidal makes me an unlikely candidate, so yay I'll keep on putting one foot in front of the other in misery.

I'm trying to work right now and it isn't happening. Not a good day.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
He played a role where he goes to hell to redeem a suicide. Religious implications aside... WHAT THE FUCK.

Show me an American who isn't depressed about something. This is the point of being an American. I choose to think his hooker strangled him.

My wife broke the news lastnight. I've never wanted to blame a messenger before this.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
There's a difference between being sad and being full on depressed. Especially someone who battles depression chronically.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
It is a bad sign if the mental health community can't keep someone as prominent as Robin Williams chemically balanced and alive.
Nothing the doctors did or said could help him if he was mixing drugs and alcohol with prescribed meds.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Am I the only one that thinks there is something fishy with this wife of his? I guess I do not know how A list Hollywood marriages are, but she last saw him at 10:00pm before bed, then she left and didn't bother to even go in and say hello, good morning, kiss him goodbye... really, anything... Apparently not even being in the room for 12+ hours, and then his personal assistant finds him?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
they probably have a large home so its possible to miss someone and not realize they were in another part of the home.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Gibson said "one only hopes he has gone on to a good place". A lot of ways to take that.

Shepard Smith on the other hand said "and yet something inside you is so horrible or you're such a coward or whatever the reason that you decide you have to end it." 24 hour news cycle causes people to say dumb or unnecessary things, always.