Robocop - Remake

Fedor

<Banned>
Wait, are you referencing the 1982 or the 2011 film?

I ask this because the 2011 version was fucking awful
the 1982 film is a remake/reinterpretation of the 1951 film and the 2011 film is a prequel to the 1982 film

Arakkis

N00b
3rd grade, so it's all about coordination, psychomotricity and proprioception aka domesticating your body. Interpretive dance sounds like a good way to do it. Also an opportunity for children to discover something they might not know and to be creative. Win, win, win.
Also it aids in the pussification of American males. Can't continue to perpetuate any of those pesky competitive drives.

Szlia

It is known that dancing is for pussies and that performing arts are not at all competitive... I think your testosterone level dropped a little by reading this thread so you should hurry and go watch some '80s action movies!

Cybsled

3rd grade, so it's all about coordination, psychomotricity and proprioception aka domesticating your body. Interpretive dance sounds like a good way to do it. Also an opportunity for children to discover something they might not know and to be creative. Win, win, win.
We had bombardment/dodgeball and capture the flag stuff, too ;p

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
The movie was alright. I thought the humanity/soul aspect of Robocop wasn't represented as well as the first one, but it was worth a watch.

I think Samuel L. Jackson got way too much screen time, however.

Inque

FunEmployed
There was nothing redeeming about this movie. I slept through most of the middle. I wanted more satire and less of Sam Jackson, plus the whole thing with Robocop being 'aware' much sooner and Lewis saying "I was waiting for you to say that" it's like seriously, is this Robocop or Robobuddycop. Fucking boring.

iannis

Musty Nester
Why are you shitting on dance training?

A man who knows how to dance gets the girls. And if he doesn't want the girls then JAZZ HANDS.

I like the redlettermedia Robocop review. They didn't even watch it, they just reviewed robocop and robocop2 and then said "there is no possible way this remake can be good. Not as good as the original. Just good."

keke

Gamma Rays

Large sized member

A man who knows how to dance gets the girls.
And the ratio of girls to guys at dance classes is about 2:1 plus dance is good exercise so the girls there are mostly all hot.

Umm but back to movie talk:

I like the redlettermedia Robocop review. They didn't even watch it, they just reviewed robocop and robocop2 and then said "there is no possible way this remake can be good. Not as good as the original. Just good."
Just on the weekend I watched/listened to redlettermedia AVP commentary. They were talking about the stupid trend of making a PG-13 movie when the subject clearly suits a more adult rating.

And also Mike made a good point about 1980's Robocop having a weakness. He said that all the bad guys needed to do was drop their gun and make it clear that they were now an un-armed person . . . then run off. Robocop is too slow on foot to catch you and he is bound by his protocols etc so could never shoot a fleeing felon in the back. The logic is quite flawless.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Saw it over the weekend.

I liked it. It wasn't the dumpster fire abortion I thought it would be, but it wasn't the gem that first movie was either. I did like the focus on the doctor/scientist that made Murphy into Robocop, but it came at the expense of action. Plus, the action scenes were pretty much the same ones from the original, minus the tune-up fights between Robocop and the droid army.

The only thing I hated was when his visor was up; he had far too much plastic looking bullshit over on his head and neck. Too busy, too silly.

For me, a solid 6.5/10.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Saw it today,on youtube (cam quality but for this movie it was the right choice,it doesn't deserve better)
A brick has more personality that joel kinnaman,social critique was being shoved down your throat,sam jackson just...just.... stop please,so much cgi,the last 30 minutes and the finale LOL
(directive 4?fuck that...i can override it)
I just love how padilha said "oh this is my version of Robocop" but...let's put the same famous quotes and the same scenes (for example,the drug factory) from the original.
1/10...yeah i know it's pure hate but i don't care.

oh a good thing.errr......gary oldman.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
A man who knows how to dance gets the girls. And if he doesn't want the girls then JAZZ HANDS.
A man who know's how to dance get's the girls but he's likely not interested in them so who gives a shit. Dancing is silly.

Foshizzlle_sl

shitlord
Saw this last week. It was ok but completely unnecessary, like most re-boots. The violence, while there, was really watered down from the original and it took way too long to get going. If I'm seeing a movie about a cyborg cop out for justice, I don't want to spend over half the movie watching him working through his feelings and emotions.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Saw this last week. It was ok but completely unnecessary, like most re-boots. The violence, while there, was really watered down from the original and it took way too long to get going. If I'm seeing a movie about a cyborg cop out for justice, I don't want to spend over half the movie watching him working through his feelings and emotions.
Then you must have hated robocop.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
and you have never seen 1987 robocop if you think they spent half the movie on his feelings and emotions.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Snagged a download.

Thought this was ok. Not nearly as bad as people made it out to be.

They missed a couple throwback moments IMO...but overall a 6.5/10.

Goatface

watched it last night, like most said it was just ok. for me didn't have any wow cool moments at all. would have been better for me if he had some better tactics in his fights