Robocop - Remake

an accordion_sl

shitlord
For ruining one of my favorite childhood movies, I gotta say it looks cool (except for the unnecessary EPIC CGI ACTION SCENES with the city on fire everywhere).

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but one of the reasons the first Robocop was good, like a lot of proper scifi, is was due to its social commentary at least as much as its good action and such.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Origins totally fucked. Might as well call him Metal Suit Cop Man.

Arakkis

N00b
All worst fears confirmed. This is going to be a giant piece of shit.

edit Rorschach and Batman in the same movie is p sweet though.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
As long as ED-209 battles his iconic nemesis - the stairwell - everything will turn out a-ok.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but one of the reasons the first Robocop was good, like a lot of proper scifi, is was due to its social commentary at least as much as its good action and such.
Robocop also has an amazing score. The last time I watched it I couldn't believe how good it was.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Looks like total trash. Very disappointed.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Saw a trailer for this before Riddick tonight.

The whole theater was laughing at this shit. Some guy even yelled at "What the fuck is this!?"

Neki

Molten Core Raider
The trailer looks fucking awful

Instead of Robocop, they might as well name it generic_scifi_cop.

What the fuck is with movie trailers packed with spoilers now? What got me facepalming was they spoiled the scene how Murphy got so injured that he had to be turned into genericscificop. Also, car bomb? seriously? what the hell happened to the iconic scene that Murphy was lured into a trap and then got brutally shot up in visceral detail? The faceplate being retractable? Guess the director wanted to remind the audience who that good looking guy playing genericscificop is. The original gave you the feeling of the sense of weight and machinelike movements Robocop had, this one has him jumping huge distances and fast movements like a metal bucketed Usain Bolt. Even ED-209 looked shittier here than the original.

This film doesn't have the soul nor the character of the original. This film will release and then be forgotten in a couple months time. Its. Just. Generic.

No fucking way I am going to watch this at the cinema

/rant

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
The concept is all wrong.

In this reboot, its basically a full human body encased in some bulletproof armor, it still has human hands, etc.

The original robocop is entirely all robot. The only human thing he has is the head (brain + face)

This isnt even robocop, its not even the same character

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It does look shitty, but you never know. It might not be completely terrible. I put it on the same level as EQ Next. It has some ideas, but looks terrible. If they pull off the ideas, it might not be bad in the long run.

PS - At least it has mouser and not just that stupid jet thing... Unless the jet IS mouser also. Ugh if that's the case.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
what a horrible fucking film trailer. looks like the CW version of what Robocop should be like. no grit and all prettyboy actors.
ill just leave this here

Fedor

<Banned>
Robocop 1987, you have suffered an emotional shock. I will notify a rape crisis center.