Robocop - Remake

Jait

Molten Core Raider
They reuse music all the time, even today. Master and Commander was the same music suite from the Sci-Fi Dune miniseries.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Trailer looks terrible and cheesy. Worse than total recall reboot. Why the fuck do they have to tell the origin stories again?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Did anyone actually see Total Recall? I didn't and I didn't even remember it existed until I saw the trailer for this PG-13 eye poison adventure and I don't think I even want to go pirate it.

Good? Bad?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I refuse to watch the new total recall on my cable stations. Although whenever i see the name i check to see if its the original or the assgravy version

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I refuse to watch the new total recall on my cable stations. Although whenever i see the name i check to see if its the original or the assgravy version
I did and it was complete and utter dogshit. Even Walter White couldn't save that abortion of a movie.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
The plus points of the Total Recall reboot was:

Kate Beckinsale is hot

And.... ummmm....

That's about it

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Did she has three breasts? The only way you are selling me on this is if she was the hooker mutant with three breasts.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
i saw the new total recall, it really was a decent movie.

basically its not as good as the original but thats only because there is a fair bit of nostalgia for the original as well as appreciation for what it was able to do for its time.

if you released both movies in 2012 for the first time, people would rank the colin farrell version a lot higher. personally i'll still go with the Arnold version but every time a remake like that is made it has a huge uphill battle to prove why its just as legitimate as the original and its a battle that they never win. i cant even remember when a remake was better regarded than the original.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Arnold magic, I bet the original woulda sucked starring anyone else.
I mentioned it in another thread, but Ahnoooold is right up there with John Wayne, McQueen, Bogart, and other terrible actors that are pure icons. They were in some classics, but even if the script is dogshit they could carry an entire movie/franchise and none of them except maybe Bogart was a good actor.

Even his worst movies are successful.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
didn't see the total recall remake and never will.
saw the new a-team and it was enough remakes/reboots for me.this roboblackninja shit is going to suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
he looks more like a cylon than robocop. there are so many movie remake sins in that trailer alone.

1) fucked up the backstory.

2) turned OCP into softspoken michael keeton.

3) Dystopian future Detroit looks much better than what Detroit looks like right now

4) fucked up the suit

5) casted some good looking metrosexual as murphy

6) fucked up boddicker

7) it has a much more touchy queery feel to it than the original which was very tongue in cheek and dark humored.

8) CGI robocop

9) Murphy looks like he only lost his forearm and lower left leg. they're making him into a robot for that?

10) looks like it will be rated PG-13

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
- Everything is way too clean and seems to have that apple computer aesthetic. Totally wrong for dystopian Detroit.

- Even assuming the fucked up backstory, and he gets bombed, his face is still intact afterwords and he's still pretty and has all his hair? Burn some of that shit off, give him some burn marks on his face. Doesn't have to be too dramatic, but give it some character.

- Robocop looks too small and lean. The robot should be massive and intimidating and it just... isn't.

- Rating it PG 13 makes it almost automatically worse. Limited swearing, no scenes like the guy getting melted and then splattered as he's run over, or the scene where Murphy gets shot 9,000 times before he's made into robot, etc etc.

- Looks like shitty characters around Robocop. Miguel Ferrer, Kurtwood Smith and Ronny Cox elevated the original so much with their over-the-top yet enjoyable acting.

What a wasted opportunity. Modern Detroit is so fucked up right now, it's ripe for a movie like this if they'd just stick with the concept and ditch all of the old characters and make it into something new. But instead they hope to hit all of the nostalgia buttons, while sanitizing anything that might be seen as offensive to modern audiences and then upping the cgi. What a load of shit. Will not watch.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it would make more sense if they had used Samuel Jackson properly and turned HIM into robocop. a Bad Mutha F*cka Robocop. wasting anyone breaking the law. have his backstory be that he gets shot the fuck up by one of the roving gangs and all thats left is his face and one arm. ya know like the original

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Or Jesus Fucking Christ, bring back Peter Weller. It's not like Buckaroo Bonanza is expensive to hire. I could probably get him to do my kids birthday party for fucks sake.

He's an aging Robocop, and Jackson is Robocop 2.0 who goes fucking nutty. Then Jackson kills him and Robocop fucking 3.0 ala some white skinned, blonde-haired Master Race guy like Weller shoots up Jackson and throws him out the window while a CEO says "UNLIMITED POWER!" and he screams "MUTHA FUCKA!!!"

Pay me.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Or Jesus Fucking Christ, bring back Peter Weller. It's not like Buckaroo Bonanza is expensive to hire. I could probably get him to do my kids birthday party for fucks sake.

He's an aging Robocop, and Jackson is Robocop 2.0 who goes fucking nutty. Then Jackson kills him and Robocop fucking 3.0 ala some white skinned, blonde-haired Master Race guy like Weller shoots up Jackson and throws him out the window while a CEO says "UNLIMITED POWER!" and he screams "MUTHA FUCKA!!!"

Pay me.
I'd see that.