Rocket League - PS4/PC

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Why the fuck did they take away buying the DLC cars? I want to sync the cars I own across platforms now.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Even a bigger wtf....why did they take away quick match? You need to go select the playlist you want every time now

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Every since epic took this game over its pure fucking shit. Period.

Araxen

I've been playing it more since the F2P, and I've been having a blast.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Friend of mine thinks it's slowed down a bit since EPIC took over. I have hovered around diamond 1 in 2's and 3's. Can't seem to Aerial dribble for shit. Also don't use the boosted jump much. Where does the boosted jump matter when playing off the wall?

• 1Like

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
By the total queue numbers, the game is as big as ever. The MMR compression to let the FTP players come in and play against noobs really jammed up everyone. I am consistent C3 player prior to the change, but at C1div2 - the games were filled with Grand Champs for months. The initial UI was 100% pure garbage, but my complaints have been fixed. Bunch of A button prompts to queue. Few of the server farms hosting games seem less optimal, than before. But that's my only real complaint.

Speed (to ball), Mechanical control, and Strategy are the three categories to rank up in this game. Until you start to push into champion, mindlessly being solid at one of them is a clear path to rank up. Just practice wherever you have the easiest gains to make, avoidance of any category is impossible if you want to keep improvement. This is definitely the only true sport like video game from a thinking perspective. Think ball control, possession, position. Read the situation and react.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
By the total queue numbers, the game is as big as ever. The MMR compression to let the FTP players come in and play against noobs really jammed up everyone. I am consistent C3 player prior to the change, but at C1div2 - the games were filled with Grand Champs for months. The initial UI was 100% pure garbage, but my complaints have been fixed. Bunch of A button prompts to queue. Few of the server farms hosting games seem less optimal, than before. But that's my only real complaint.

Speed (to ball), Mechanical control, and Strategy are the three categories to rank up in this game. Until you start to push into champion, mindlessly being solid at one of them is a clear path to rank up. Just practice wherever you have the easiest gains to make, avoidance of any category is impossible if you want to keep improvement. This is definitely the only true sport like video game from a thinking perspective. Think ball control, possession, position. Read the situation and react.
Big fan of the hockey myself, nice little twist on the game.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
The game has slowed down tremendously via epic. And I am not sure what it is. I know at one point I was D3Div 4 (Won five in a row at that rank and still didnt get to C1....) but now I am seeing lots of smurfs abound. Didn't help I got hammered and landed in plat 2.... But still. At that point is either a mix of they really suck, cant read the field, are out of position, or just flat out mechanics I am not used too, or, a C-GC level player and his buddy have multiple alt accounts.

• 1Like

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
You're just in the same boat as everyone, the ranks are compressed - if you were above the median you're squished down. As time goes on, it does take more skills to just hold rank. Just keep playing, if you're like three ranks displaced ut, you can just solo carry your way out. Don't let bad teammates hold you down, can't win em all. Game barely let me back into C2, which is below what I'd have considered my floor in 2's

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
The game has slowed down tremendously via epic. And I am not sure what it is. I know at one point I was D3Div 4 (Won five in a row at that rank and still didnt get to C1....) but now I am seeing lots of smurfs abound. Didn't help I got hammered and landed in plat 2.... But still. At that point is either a mix of they really suck, cant read the field, are out of position, or just flat out mechanics I am not used too, or, a C-GC level player and his buddy have multiple alt accounts.
Maybe your drunk ass can carry me to D2 that or GC in hockey

• 1Like

Araxen

I recently ditched Overwatch in favor of this game. It's hard to go wrong with car soccer. I have a ton to learn which is kind of nice.

• 1Like

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
I recently ditched Overwatch in favor of this game. It's hard to go wrong with car soccer. I have a ton to learn which is kind of nice.
dont do what i did and just play the game trying to learn everything on your own. There are a ton of good youtube videos that explain things to get you in the right direction. I wasted about 1200 hours on the game before i started to use tutorials, it helped a TON.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
dont do what i did and just play the game trying to learn everything on your own. There are a ton of good youtube videos that explain things to get you in the right direction. I wasted about 1200 hours on the game before i started to use tutorials, it helped a TON.

Fuck that. Play drunk. Suck. Enjoy it!

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
New casual Playlist rules have people super toxic in half my games so far. They don't want to be penalized for quitting so they just stay in the game and fuck with you.

Araxen

I like the new rules. The kids will get over them soon enough. Those entitled little bitch zoomers want to be rewarded for staying in games instead. They should just put all the chronic leavers in their own queue.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Why the hell would they fuck with casual games? Who cares?