Roguelite Enemy Hell/Bullet Heaven/Survivor catch-all

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Why sticks though? Melee in Brotato(or just about every game) seems inherently worse than ranged.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why sticks though? Melee in Brotato(or just about every game) seems inherently worse than ranged.

Sticks are good in certain situations since early game their +damage per stick adds up quickly. This helps with low damage potatos like lucky, and in fishermans case, the unique enemies the baits spawn are tough as hell, and only sticks can reliably kill them in the first couple waves.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Crafty Survivors is one I play that I like for being a bit different with characters/classes.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'll agree with Zombie, it has high production values which is still rare for this genre, but it's really weak on content. I think they should have had another map, more zombie types, and a few more abilities before going early access. I've seen demo's with more content than this.
I agree with this assessment, although I do like the game. The one thing I really like about it though is the multiple characters thing, which Pathfinder seems to be leaning into as well. I like not being restricted by the initial class I choose and having multiple level-up paths to consider during the playthrough. However, as mentioned, the options are still pretty basic right now. And while healing is pretty good, the Healer class is absolutely terrible compared to the others. Literally all of the other classes are vastly superior, even the archer chick.

Still, I hope more games do the multiple character thing in the future.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I agree with this assessment, although I do like the game. The one thing I really like about it though is the multiple characters thing, which Pathfinder seems to be leaning into as well. I like not being restricted by the initial class I choose and having multiple level-up paths to consider during the playthrough. However, as mentioned, the options are still pretty basic right now. And while healing is pretty good, the Healer class is absolutely terrible compared to the others. Literally all of the other classes are vastly superior, even the archer chick.

Still, I hope more games do the multiple character thing in the future.

Yeah, I did like the multi character aspect. HoT has multiple character classes but not multiple per run. In Zombie I've been mostly avoiding recruiting additional characters until my primary is leveled up a bit and the upgrade options remain limited.

I don't have everyone upgraded and unlocked to really comment on all the possible abilities. Arrow chick is bizarre and multi shot should be great but I miss more times than not b/c the projectile size and/or hit box is so small that I'll be sitting point blank in a Zombie face and somehow every arrow misses. There's a few other annoyances like that.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I did like the multi character aspect. HoT has multiple character classes but not multiple per run. In Zombie I've been mostly avoiding recruiting additional characters until my primary is leveled up a bit and the upgrade options remain limited.

I don't have everyone upgraded and unlocked to really comment on all the possible abilities. Arrow chick is bizarre and multi shot should be great but I miss more times than not b/c the projectile size and/or hit box is so small that I'll be sitting point blank in a Zombie face and somehow every arrow misses. There's a few other annoyances like that.
Huntress rains it down death once you have explosive arrows unlocked, you've got swat, ghost, and engineer to handle stuff that gets right in your face.

1690225874951.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

Except for the achievement, I'm not sure why you'd limit yourself to only one character. That character only needs to be the leader, not do the actual killing. If that were the case, the Medic would never unlock shit.

If it was a couple days ago that the Huntress was missing all the time for you, they just patched it to make her more accurate. In some aspects she's better than the guys with pistols at the start, because her shots 1-hit kill at the beginning, and she practically hits them off the screen. And her reload is consistent. However, she sort of falls down with the other abilities a bit until you get explosive arrows. I used freeze arrows a few times, but I'm not sure why anyone would pick it once they've tried explosive. Same with the medic's freeze flask. The antidote flask sucks massive cock, sure, but at least it is better than the freeze flask.

Honestly, my favorite abilities now are explosive arrows, blaster for the engineer (and energy shield just because it is fun), rocket launcher for the one guy and sniper rifle for the other, and then far and away Thousand Cuts for ghost. That fucking thing just shreds anything close, leaving your two other teammates to use delayed/explosive shit to really blow the fuck out of everything. And then there's the poor Medic who sucks at everything.

Oh, and they just raised the amount of Armor and HP Regen you get from choosing those perks...but I already thought they were the most OP of the perks before that! I always picked armor, hp regen, and lifesteal (the USB drive one) when they were available. Now they seem even more OP.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Except for the achievement, I'm not sure why you'd limit yourself to only one character. That character only needs to be the leader, not do the actual killing. If that were the case, the Medic would never unlock shit.

If it was a couple days ago that the Huntress was missing all the time for you, they just patched it to make her more accurate. In some aspects she's better than the guys with pistols at the start, because her shots 1-hit kill at the beginning, and she practically hits them off the screen. And her reload is consistent. However, she sort of falls down with the other abilities a bit until you get explosive arrows. I used freeze arrows a few times, but I'm not sure why anyone would pick it once they've tried explosive. Same with the medic's freeze flask. The antidote flask sucks massive cock, sure, but at least it is better than the freeze flask.

Honestly, my favorite abilities now are explosive arrows, blaster for the engineer (and energy shield just because it is fun), rocket launcher for the one guy and sniper rifle for the other, and then far and away Thousand Cuts for ghost. That fucking thing just shreds anything close, leaving your two other teammates to use delayed/explosive shit to really blow the fuck out of everything. And then there's the poor Medic who sucks at everything.

Oh, and they just raised the amount of Armor and HP Regen you get from choosing those perks...but I already thought they were the most OP of the perks before that! I always picked armor, hp regen, and lifesteal (the USB drive one) when they were available. Now they seem even more OP.

I probably didn’t explain that correctly, and even explained, it then may not be worth it. What I was trying to say is that rather than immediately taking a companion I’ll take a level or two to quickly get to explosive arrow. That seemed more smooth that immediately getting three companions and having a larger RNG pool to draw from. And things didn’t get difficult until later on so there was less need for 2+ the first wave anyways.

Will need to revisit today maybe if there’s time. See how it looks on the new 34”. Been putting extra time in Army of Ruin since it is actually released. It feels like Rogue Legacy 2 in that I hated it at the start, but after a few upgrades and mechanic unlocks it is growing on me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Sniper rifle? You're fired.
What's the other option for that character? Isn't it some sort of machine gun? If it is the grenade launcher character then I take it back, but otherwise with Thousand Cuts I don't need a rapid fire. I get the red and yellow character mixed up all the time though, so I could be fucking the weapons up too.

I will say that outside of almost everything the Medic does, the helicopter is the fucking worst choice of everything you can pick. That thing needs to drop cluster bombs or something to even be worth considering taking.

I probably didn’t explain that correctly, and even explained, it then may not be worth it. What I was trying to say is that rather than immediately taking a companion I’ll take a level or two to quickly get to explosive arrow. That seemed more smooth that immediately getting three companions and having a larger RNG pool to draw from. And things didn’t get difficult until later on so there was less need for 2+ the first wave anyways.

Will need to revisit today maybe if there’s time. See how it looks on the new 34”. Been putting extra time in Army of Ruin since it is actually released. It feels like Rogue Legacy 2 in that I hated it at the start, but after a few upgrades and mechanic unlocks it is growing on me.
That makes a lot more sense!

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I ranked Helicopter and Arrow Rain as equally worthless but was willing to give arrow rain a chance. Does it upgrade with Explosive Arrow?

At least the helicopter has a longer telegraph so you can kite enemies in to the damage zone. Otherwise it is a graphical mess seeing it fly over and does basically nothing. Just busies up an already busy screen with too much crap flying at you.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What's the other option for that character? Isn't it some sort of machine gun? If it is the grenade launcher character then I take it back, but otherwise with Thousand Cuts I don't need a rapid fire. I get the red and yellow character mixed up all the time though, so I could be fucking the weapons up too.

I will say that outside of almost everything the Medic does, the helicopter is the fucking worst choice of everything you can pick. That thing needs to drop cluster bombs or something to even be worth considering taking.

That makes a lot more sense!

The opposite of sniper rifle is assault rifle. Grenade launcher guys other option is minigun.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I ranked Helicopter and Arrow Rain as equally worthless but was willing to give arrow rain a chance. Does it upgrade with Explosive Arrow?

At least the helicopter has a longer telegraph so you can kite enemies in to the damage zone. Otherwise it is a graphical mess seeing it fly over and does basically nothing. Just busies up an already busy screen with too much crap flying at you.

I hate all the "ultimate" abilities, and usually avoid leveling them up as much as possible. I think they do need to rework them as they're way too RNG'y and situational. Maybe make it so you can trigger them and then they go on cooldown.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

As far as I know it doesn't upgrade with explosive. Now that you ask I never paid attention, but pretty sure it doesn't.

I equate Arrow Rain to stuff like grenades and turret and shit. At least it has a pretty good chance of hitting something near me once in awhile. Helicopter might start off going the opposite direction I'm going.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The opposite of sniper rifle is assault rifle. Grenade launcher guys other option is minigun.
Then I stand by my assessment! Assault rifle is vastly better than minigun, but sniper rifle penetrates and blasts bosses better than assault. And as I mentioned before, if I have Thousand Cuts I don't care about trash.

Now, if I'm playing without Ghost, I would definitely need something for close clears, so assault rifle is probably best for that, I'll agree.
I hate all the "ultimate" abilities, and usually avoid leveling them up as much as possible. I think they do need to rework them as they're way too RNG'y and situational. Maybe make it so you can trigger them and then they go on cooldown.
Depends on what it is I guess. Are you talking stuff like the decoy and energy shield? Because I don't mind those at all. Energy shield is pretty decent. Decoy, airstrike, and turret are just whatever, random damage again like the shock turret and arrow rain. I'm drawing a complete fucking blank on what Ghost and the Medic have for ultimates though. Oh yeah, Ghost is the Kunai shit that shoots out in every direction. Again, not terrible, not great. Still drawing a blank on Medic though, because I never use her past getting the achievements.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Then I stand by my assessment! Assault rifle is vastly better than minigun, but sniper rifle penetrates and blasts bosses better than assault. And as I mentioned before, if I have Thousand Cuts I don't care about trash.

Now, if I'm playing without Ghost, I would definitely need something for close clears, so assault rifle is probably best for that, I'll agree.

Depends on what it is I guess. Are you talking stuff like the decoy and energy shield? Because I don't mind those at all. Energy shield is pretty decent. Decoy, airstrike, and turret are just whatever, random damage again like the shock turret and arrow rain. I'm drawing a complete fucking blank on what Ghost and the Medic have for ultimates though. Oh yeah, Ghost is the Kunai shit that shoots out in every direction. Again, not terrible, not great. Still drawing a blank on Medic though, because I never use her past getting the achievements.

Sniper Rifle is medic tier. Assault Rifle is not just a 'close clear' weapon, it's got more than enough range and damage to kill anything. It chews up bosses just fine without having to completely sacrifice your ability to manage trash. Air Strike is amazing. Medic rank 3 is a group steroid, it's very strong but doesn't dig medic out of the gutter.

What difficulty are yall playing on?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Sniper Rifle is medic tier. Assault Rifle is not just a 'close clear' weapon, it's got more than enough range and damage to kill anything. It chews up bosses just fine without having to completely sacrifice your ability to manage trash. Air Strike is amazing. Medic rank 3 is a group steroid, it's very strong but doesn't dig medic out of the gutter.

What difficulty are yall playing on?
Well, I'll admit that I don't use sniper/assault guy much anymore, but mostly because I have been fucking around trying to play some of the worse ones. If you do something like Thousand Cuts, Grenade Launcher, and Blaster/Sniper/Assault, it is almost too easy. I've been fucking around with stuff like cold arrows and flasks, etc. to try to see why you'd ever pick them and if they are viable, but at some point after unlocking enough meta progression the third class is still more than enough to clear normal difficulty or last over 30 minutes on endless.

While unlocking shit I was honestly just playing regular difficulty most of the time. Did endless several times to 30 min+ which is way too long nowadays, and finished the hardest one a few times just to do it. The only thing I lack at this point is ragdoll physics, and I've read the best way to do it but haven't bothered yet.

Honestly, until new shit is released, I really shouldn't even be playing it anymore. It is boring unless you try crap like freeze flasks. Btw, the Medic's Syringe Gun is halfway decent dps if you never upgrade it to flasks, but even then ALL the other weapons still out dps it. I forgot about steroids too, nice boost but overall I agree, still not worth playing medic unless you are doing it on purpose.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Having trouble find something that scratches the itch quite like Rogue Genesia, but RICE is starting to grow on me.

Have you found any type of decent guide for their meta system or in-game upgrade system? I've noticed you can "attach" the cards during a game to specific weapons, etc.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Have you found any type of decent guide for their meta system or in-game upgrade system? I've noticed you can "attach" the cards during a game to specific weapons, etc.

I kind of did, but I've forgotten a lot of it. I ended up walking away from that one after a while because I had to grind so much and I kept getting randomly insta-gibbed at times despite doing so well. I've been messing around with Nomad Survival lately and I can semi-AFK that one except for choosing abilities, while I can play something else on my tablet. lol

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Minigun seems underpowered, maybe a messed up decimal point similar to the initial implementation of medic's rank 3 ability.

• 1Solidarity