Roguelite Enemy Hell/Bullet Heaven/Survivor catch-all

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Please enumerate everything about the game in this thread.
I Do What I Want GIF by hero0fwar

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Halls of Torment got 2 new characters and a new map, also.
Not super into either of the new characters. Huntress attack is waay to slow, and the other guy eh. And the new map seems pretty hard. Had the best luck with archer chick- but still very sketchy runs.

In other news, another big patch for Soulstone survivors. Most of the rest of talent trees for the other classes added. New map, etc.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Not super into either of the new characters. Huntress attack is waay to slow, and the other guy eh. And the new map seems pretty hard. Had the best luck with archer chick- but still very sketchy runs.

In other news, another big patch for Soulstone survivors. Most of the rest of talent trees for the other classes added. New map, etc.

They actually patched HoT again today addressing those exact issues.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

This just released on Early Access. You can get it for just over $5 if you already own the other two games in the bundle (20 Mins Till Dawn and Soulstone Survivors), which I figure most of us probably do.

No reviews, haven't played it, sort of obsessed with Starfield right now so could be a while, but of course I bought it. The stream of someone playing it looked endorphin-inducing enough for me, although on brief glance seemed pretty similar to Soulstone Survivors, but that's a great game so whatever.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

This just released on Early Access. You can get it for just over $5 if you already own the other two games in the bundle (20 Mins Till Dawn and Soulstone Survivors), which I figure most of us probably do.

No reviews, haven't played it, sort of obsessed with Starfield right now so could be a while, but of course I bought it. The stream of someone playing it looked endorphin-inducing enough for me, although on brief glance seemed pretty similar to Soulstone Survivors, but that's a great game so whatever.
I still think it looks pretty damn bland considering how far the genre has come since VS, and not very dungeony either.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
I still think it looks pretty damn bland considering how far the genre has come since VS, and not very dungeony either.
Watched a bid of the dev video on the steam page. Yeah- pretty meh looking. I'll keep it on my list to look at later for now prolly.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Wasn’t impressed with the game at all. Very generic and bland. I was under the impression it was going to have signature D&D spells/abilities and monsters you fight but that wasn’t the case.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Eh, once I get around to playing it one day, maybe it will be better or maybe I'll request a refund. I don't see myself playing it for several weeks at least.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Wasn’t impressed with the game at all. Very generic and bland. I was under the impression it was going to have signature D&D spells/abilities and monsters you fight but that wasn’t the case.
Yes I'm underwhelmed. There's a hint of something more here with the party system and stats and stuff, but it's just very bland right now.

As far as I can tell since you get "flat" upgrades to weapons, you don't even get to do dumb builds where you focus only on AOE size or atk speed or something?

I'll see where they go, since it's EA you can refund at any time before launch right?

Brikker

Trump's Staff

gallow uninspired amirite

• 1Hodjing
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
gallow uninspired amirite
I ended up refunding it. Chances it becomes great is pretty minimal. HoT proved out a working gameplay loop for a bigger scope game and kinda killed my enthusiasm for any more straight up VS clones.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Is Greedland any good? Looks decent but unclear what progression there is.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I think this qualifies. Haven't played it yet and literally just heard about it.

From what I've read on it it qualifies. I won't get to check it out for a few days though.

Hopefully it's more inspired than the Pathfinder one.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So is Slay the Spire impossible to beat without unlocking new cards and having super luck? Furthest I have gotten is like the 3rd part and hit a brick wall. Mainly the boss who I barely killed, then he respawned into a Phase two.