Rosetta Stone: Espanol

20 hours into Rosetta: Espanol and for example I am now able to listen in on basic conversations between our custodians at work & understand about 90% of it. In fact, the only parts I'm not understanding are flash-card nouns that will take me probably my lifetime to learn.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Congrats, best 400 dollars ever spent. Now you get to spy on the border jumpers.

Wintermute_sl

shitlord
I am learning Italian in preparation for a trip this June. I have a bit of an advantage since my father is Italian and honestly, speaking to him in Italian for 1/2 an hour everyday has progressed me farther than anything. Without someone to speak to it's very difficult to understand the little "in-between" words and rules that actually make expressing yourself possible. I would say it's possible to understand a language just from Rosetta Stone or something similar since most of the time if you recognize the noun and verb, context will help you put together the rest. I don't think it's possible to speak fluently without carrying on conversations semi-regularly.

I supplement my speaking sessions with some 1st and 2nd Grade Grammar books written for Italian students. It's great for building vocabulary. I also use Duo Lingo to practice with some of my facebook friends. I have also heard speaking in front of a mirror helps. So yes, immersion is key.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Keep at it, I torrented the French version a few years ago before my trip to West Africa (was already conversational w/ it) and it improved my French quite a bit. It helps having some knowledge of the language prior to starting it, but I think it would work for just about anyone. Would love to learn Spanish, but I'm terrible w/ languages.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Any update, Azeth? I torrented levels 1-5 and am going to try and get a couple of the levels done before my MedSurg rotation for school.