Ruined King: Riot Single Player Turn-Based RPG

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Official Website

RISE AGAINST RUIN

From Airship Syndicate comes Ruined King: A League of Legends Story, a single-player turn-based RPG featuring the baddest of Bilgewater. Play as Miss Fortune, Illaoi, Braum, Yasuo, Ahri, or Pyke and journey bravely into the ever-creeping Black Mist.

Coming to console and PC early 2021.

This could be fun, looking forward to it.

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy
About time they did something like this. We all knew something was coming just a matter of SP or MMO. Thankfully they didn't jump right into the MMO market.

Caliane

very action oriented trailer for a turned based rpg seems like a very poor choice.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
very action oriented trailer for a turned based rpg seems like a very poor choice.
They are all like that really. Cinematic action trailers for RPGs. Look at the first BG3 announcement.

Show me gameplay pls, I don’t care about cinematic trailers at all.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Out today.

I look at the quality of these League of Legends properties, how proud they must be of the final product... and then wonder how people at Rockstar feel about the GTA Trilogy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Was this announced ahead of time? Seems like a surprise release date. This is the same studio that made the Battle Chasers game which was decent enough turn-based combat.

Preview video on Steam looks incredibly similar to the BC gameplay.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, it was a surprise release. Only Hextech Mayhem was expected to come out today.

Pretty tempting to pick up for Switch. Battle Chasers was almost a great game, so I would hope they fixed the complaints about it when they made this one. Downside of surprise release is no reviews though. Fortunately I'm still less than halfway through SMT V so there's plenty of time to wait and see how it turned out.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Battle Chasers had some flaws yea but it was still a blast.

I'll probably give this a shot, largely just to have something chill I play and not pay infinite attention to.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I don't have any interest in the baby's-first-lazy-training-wheel moba (only kidding but I like poking fun, dota 4 life!) but Riot seems to be doing pretty awesome with the world building and lore stuff. Valve did something good with the anime so is a start but we need more of that. Seems like Riot is doing all the right things. This looks fun will probably give it a try since I just wrapped up Immortals and Forgotten City.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Looks very high quality for this type of game. Feels like it should be on Mobile.
I mentioned this in the Arcane thread, but this game is NOT by Riot, it's a 3rd party using the LoL IP.
I'm sure Riot does have quite a bit of input though.
Riot started the "Riot Forge" program to help expand their IP by allowing other studios to create games with their characters/lore.

• 1Like

Malakriss

This literally is the successor to Battle Chasers: Night War using the same systems with some new additions. Most significant changes I've seen so far are Speedy/Balanced/Power versions of moves that trigger faster or for more damage, enchanting lets you infuse items to higher rarity if you have materials, and you upgrade individual abilities directly rather than having a perks list.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Well if they fixed the midgame grind to a halt it could be good. Battlechasers was great until midgame when it wasn’t. Such a wasted potential, I really enjoyed the first part.

Daidraco

All this world building.. you would think they are leading up to something "big".. something that they would want millions of players to interact with. Hrmmm...

• 1Like

Malakriss

There's a free fishing rod/bait from chests in town, caught a treasure box from my first fishing hole and it gave a purple chest and neck upgrade. Fish to success!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
All this world building.. you would think they are leading up to something "big".. something that they would want millions of players to interact with. Hrmmm...

Their MMO isn't even a secret, it's just official knowledge. Only question is the timeline really. 2023? 2025? Who knows.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Their MMO isn't even a secret, it's just official knowledge. Only question is the timeline really. 2023? 2025? Who knows.
Was Sarcasm, Ronne. The timeline is exactly what I was insinuating. In essence, a release date.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
There's a free fishing rod/bait from chests in town, caught a treasure box from my first fishing hole and it gave a purple chest and neck upgrade. Fish to success!
Is the game good aside from the epic fishing?

• 1Worf

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Seems solid so far. Only played a couple hours- but also got hijacked by fishing. No purples for me ><.

Malakriss

I liked BC so this game is appealing as the same genre. I think the maps are static in RK with no procedural generation going on through the temple "dungeon" at least. Got a rank 10 fishing rod/bait free in a temple chest so they like to hand those out at certain points. The map is not registering an enchanting recipe I got and continues to list 0/1 plus there's a grate blocking the last temple chest and I can't find any more puzzles. Guess they might have later unlocks and have you revisit but it's easy to see 7/8 on the map and remember.

As far as changes from BC you get rune shards upon hitting level 8 and by level 12 you have enough to buy a second rank. Those replaced perk tomes and the two Mastery trees have four tracks total to put shards into I assume it will be 1/2/3/4 cost for each. Between runes and ability upgrades you choose your build diversity through the mid game. If you skip buying gear with gold you will be weaker going into a fresh dungeon but so far I've got enough from chests to outfit three people.