Ruined King: Riot Single Player Turn-Based RPG

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’m just waiting to hear if it becomes a boring grind fest mid game like Battle Chasers did. That was my only complaint and why I quit playing. I shouldn’t have to stop mid game and grind for hours on end.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I too really liked Battle Chasers and was just lamenting a lack of an RPG in the LoL universe while watching Arcane -- so good on them sneaky Riot bitches. Clearly they have orchestrated all this to a grand plan.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
All this world building.. you would think they are leading up to something "big".. something that they would want millions of players to interact with. Hrmmm...

Glad I got a friend that works at Riot $$

• 1Like

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I'm tempted to give this a shot, but have absolutely never played LoL as I am a DoTA sperglord at my core. Anyone enjoying this so far?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Don't need to know anything about LoL to enjoy a game like this, if you like the art and gameplay you're good.

Was surprised the game letterboxes in Ultrawide. Not sure if this is how it does it all game or not, haven't tinkered much w/ the settings.

1637167273116.png

• 1Seriously?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Gross. Glad I didn't buy it for PC. Not entirely sure getting it on Switch is a good idea either though, load times are a bit excessive given their frequency.

Edit: Had to double check to make sure I was remembering right, but Battle Chasers was only pillarboxed during battles and cutscenes while exploration worked fine in 21:9. Kind of weird they appear to have gone full pillarbox here.

Last edited:

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
I've been enjoying playing this. Its not a master piece but for $30 its fun. Combat isnt just typical J-RPG "Choose attack and go" if you don't want it to be. Story has been alright so far and I'm enjoying the characters.

If you're looking for something to pass time, is story driven and uses familiar mechanics - this game does just that.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Seems like this game has no NG+ unlike Battle Chasers, so if you haven't started and care about achievements just start on Heroic difficulty.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Riot is really going all in on their universe. It's like they are trying to become the Marvel of video games, and they're doing a pretty good job. The end game here has to culminate in an RTS. If it doesn't I will be disappointed.

I realize DOTA was the W3 UMS but how incredible would it be for a game spawned by Blizzard custom maps to send Blizzard to the grave with a game from the genre that spawned it.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Riot is really going all in on their universe. It's like they are trying to become the Marvel of video games, and they're doing a pretty good job. The end game here has to culminate in an RTS. If it doesn't I will be disappointed.

Get ready to get disappointed. The end game is an MMO

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea the scope of Riot's influence is pretty wild. Their fake waifu kpop band hit like a billion views on youtube.

They've got all the groundwork and fan investment in place that if their MMO and fighting game (probably a brawler/party game tbh) are even half way decent they are gonna be fucking huge.

Malakriss

I never played LoL since it's not my genre, but between this and Arcane I now have some knowledge of the champion lineup and lore with no bear asses required (yet).

• 1Like

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
I never got past gold in LoL so I rarely play the main game but I've been enjoying TFT quite a bit. If you enjoy CCGs and want the real lore bombs, Legends of Runeterra is their big draw. It seems like the LoL story group is working out of the Runeterra office and the retcons come from there to Wild Rift and lastly to LoL.

Daidraco

I never got past gold in LoL so I rarely play the main game but I've been enjoying TFT quite a bit. If you enjoy CCGs and want the real lore bombs, Legends of Runeterra is their big draw. It seems like the LoL story group is working out of the Runeterra office and the retcons come from there to Wild Rift and lastly to LoL.
Lots of people just play TFT or ARAM. Wouldnt worry too much about it. Hell, I would say getting any ranking in Gold is pretty good in comparison to most people, too.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Missing 2 fishing journal entries, second and third to last. Beyond that would be farming marks for the skins to finish off those achieves. Probably will just wait til the internet has them catalogued.

edit: someone claims to have found one of them from vesani, last is the puffer which could just be super rare.

Last edited:

Fadaar

That guy

I realize DOTA was the W3 UMS but how incredible would it be for a game spawned by Blizzard custom maps to send Blizzard to the grave with a game from the genre that spawned it.

They've been all in for a while it just took Arcane for people to notice. Blizzard has been on an obvious decline for years and Riot is rightfully pouncing on the proverbial blood in the water.

Malakriss

Discovered a fishing cheeze for Vesani. Catch all the long / max distance fish, exit and reenter. The number of fish will be the same but they all reroll so you could end up with good ones again.

Finished the fishing journal, there's two sharks in Vesani along with the puffer. Cheeze for sharks to get 36 or 32 marks per.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Discovered a fishing cheeze for Vesani. Catch all the long / max distance fish, exit and reenter. The number of fish will be the same but they all reroll so you could end up with good ones again.

Finished the fishing journal, there's two sharks in Vesani along with the puffer. Cheeze for sharks to get 36 or 32 marks per.
So is this game completely about fishing in the LoL universe? because that’s the only thing you’ve posted about in like five or six posts about the game.

• 1Worf

Malakriss

So is this game completely about fishing in the LoL universe? because that’s the only thing you’ve posted about in like five or six posts about the game.
It's the way to get the black market currency in both this game and Battle Chasers. For RK they literally throw free rods and bait upgrades at you throughout the game and every fishing spot can have a treasure box.

I was way ahead on rune points because of it and the "limited stock" versions you could buy for gold was glitched as story progression was resetting the inventory. I had my Ahri maxed 40/40 points before the final boss as a result. The intention is for you to buy 5 with gold and 20 with marks. So you'd need 400 marks per character, plus 600 if you want the skins, plus I bought six legendary rings at 50 per along with the final rod/bait because those kept resetting too.

Every RPG has mechanics to get ahead, and knowing you don't have to blow currency on it because you'll find them in chests along the way is good info.