Rule Change Suggestions - Aug 2017 elections

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Great! Neither does a_skeleton_03, and he banned the very concept from being considered, so there will never be a vote where we could find out just how many people DO see it as an issue. Moving along...
Stupid is a strong horse and can be ridden far.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I mean seriously. What an atrocious faggot he is.

Just the worst poster in this community. Hands down.

• 1Hodjing

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Great! Neither does a_skeleton_03, and he banned the very concept from being considered, so there will never be a vote where we could find out just how many people DO see it as an issue. Moving along...
Jesus Christ, if were up to you everything would be up for a vote wouldn't it

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Its just another shitty white knight crusade Tanoomba is on.

Because, again, huge faggot. Should be banned.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
So you got it correct, it was the Amod thread. If it's in this thread or that thread they are going to forget it if they forget it.

What you are hoping to do I bet is be a curator so that you can be lauded as a hero of the downtrodden.

Like I said keep trying to be Robin Hood, a king in exile.
See, why do you do this? Why do you keep deciding what my motivations are? If I'm not being crucified for being the site's greatest antagonist who only wants to piss people off, I'm being criticized for pandering in order to be seen as a hero... All while ignoring the fact that I've been nothing but completely open and honest about why I do everything I do literally every step of the way. Why do you even bother to address me if you're just going to ignore what I say and decide what I'm really thinking?

As for "they're going to forget it if they forget it", depending on how this thread developed, it would take little effort on my part to edit the first post with a comprehensive list of rule change suggestions along with who came up with them. If it was a reasonable number I wouldn't even have a problem tagging the users once elections approach. Besides the "prevent forgetfulness" benefit, it's a hub where people's ideas could be discussed, with feedback leading to refinement of the ideas. In my eyes, that absolutely helps the site run a bit smoother, and it has FUCK ALL to do with me wanting to be a "hero".

You want to know why I'm personally invested? Because I was annoyed that the visibility of election votes didn't come up for consideration even though it was brought up last time. A few people thought invisible votes would be a good idea (including me) and nobody officially submitted the idea for consideration. Now, as you've been very clear about, that's a non-issue that will never be considered. But I figured there's zero chance I was the only person who realized they had missed an opportunity to suggest changes, and I thought about what I could do, as a regular poster, to prevent that from happening again. Despite your doubts, I am a member of this community. I am not the most liked but I care about this group of assholes and I wanted to help out a bit. Not for glory, not for influence, but because I wanted to contribute more than just retro game posts and dogpile fodder. Believe me, if I had any idea at all you were going to get a bug up your ass about it I would never have bothered.

• 1Nationalist

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You can't have an invisible vote you mongoloid. I already explained that.

If you were so worried about it like you are claiming you would have brought it up before the voting. Let me guess you didn't have your own thread to remember your own ideas? You had the forethought and time to run for moderator though.

Like I said, I didn't move your shit thread. I didn't say to move it. I don't have a bug up my ass. You brought up stuff and I am refuting it.

• 1Like

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
See, why do you do this? Why do you keep deciding what my motivations are? If I'm not being crucified for being the site's greatest antagonist who only wants to piss people off, I'm being criticized for pandering in order to be seen as a hero... All while ignoring the fact that I've been nothing but completely open and honest about why I do everything I do literally every step of the way. Why do you even bother to address me if you're just going to ignore what I say and decide what I'm really thinking?

As for "they're going to forget it if they forget it", depending on how this thread developed, it would take little effort on my part to edit the first post with a comprehensive list of rule change suggestions along with who came up with them. If it was a reasonable number I wouldn't even have a problem tagging the users once elections approach. Besides the "prevent forgetfulness" benefit, it's a hub where people's ideas could be discussed, with feedback leading to refinement of the ideas. In my eyes, that absolutely helps the site run a bit smoother, and it has FUCK ALL to do with me wanting to be a "hero".

You want to know why I'm personally invested? Because I was annoyed that the visibility of election votes didn't come up for consideration even though it was brought up last time. A few people thought invisible votes would be a good idea (including me) and nobody officially submitted the idea for consideration. Now, as you've been very clear about, that's a non-issue that will never be considered. But I figured there's zero chance I was the only person who realized they had missed an opportunity to suggest changes, and I thought about what I could do, as a regular poster, to prevent that from happening again. Despite your doubts, I am a member of this community. I am not the most liked but I care about this group of assholes and I wanted to help out a bit. Not for glory, not for influence, but because I wanted to contribute more than just retro game posts and dogpile fodder. Believe me, if I had any idea at all you were going to get a bug up your ass about it I would never have bothered.
You are the only person harping on about it. Again I say, even here in the shaw, you would shout from on high until everything is brought for voting. You are a crusader, my friend. A true knight in shining armor.

• 1Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The Dragon of Fire should slay the White Knight Moonbat.

• 1Like

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
You can't have an invisible vote you mongoloid. I already explained that.

If you were so worried about it like you are claiming you would have brought it up before the voting. Let me guess you didn't have your own thread to remember your own ideas? You had the forethought and time to run for moderator though.

Like I said, I didn't move your shit thread. I didn't say to move it. I don't have a bug up my ass. You brought up stuff and I am refuting it.

I undersatand that you said a firm "NO" for invisible votes. I have been clear about my understanding of this point several times in the last few posts alone. Stop acting like I'm not "getting it".

But YES, the reason I got annoyed is because I absolutely would have suggested that change if it had come to mind. It wasn't until I saw the votes being tabulated that I even remembered invisible posts being mentioned last time. YES, a thread like this would have prevented me from forgetting. I'm not special, I'm no snowflake, if I missed my opportunity then others did, too. This thread offers a tiny service that objectively does no harm whatsoever and may help members prepare and organize their ideas for future consideration. Is it possible nobody would have given a shit and this thread would never have been used for its intended purpose? Of course it's possible, but we'll never know because it was Rickshawed on the first damned day.

You didn't "refute" anything. You came in here and mocked me after I offered to tend this thread anyway, Rickshaw or not. You then demanded I put forth a list of grievances, then acted incredibly obtuse as I calmly, patiently and civilly made my case yet again, a case which you dismissed outright while making up my motivations. So no, I didn't "bring up stuff", I engaged you after you came here to mock me.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You still don't understand. It is impossible to do the voting method you are asking for.

Not just because I think it is stupid and changes nothing but because the software can't.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
You still don't understand. It is impossible to do the voting method you are asking for.

Not just because I think it is stupid and changes nothing but because the software can't.
I'm not asking for that voting method. I'm explaining the existence of this thread. That voting method was the thing I wanted to ask for but didn't. I'm sure there are other rule suggestions others wanted to ask for but didn't. Even though if I had remembered to submit the invisible votes suggestion it would have been denied, that doesn't mean that other ideas that were forgotten/too slow to the draw would have been denied. This isn't about me and my missed suggestion, this is about addressing that there are missed suggestions and trying to fix that.

• 1Salty
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.