RUSH - Ron Howard's 1970s F1 Movie

Xeldar

Silver Squire
Fuck, a movie about Senna? I knew nothing about him before I watched a documentary on him, but fuck did he dominate F1 racing.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Reminds me of...
Every Planet Fitness commercial makes me want to find the non-planetfitness gym...

AS for the movie the racing scenes look really unsatisfying. Like it's Chris Hemsworth in half a car behind a green screen and half second shots clipped together. Car/racing scenes should be long-shots with real cars, but that's just me.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Derp, my computer cut off the F1 part of the title, I came in here thinking this was going to be about the band. I know nothing about F1 racing but this looks pretty interesting.

matsb84

Silver Knight of the Realm
Surprised no one posted anything about this when it came out. I liked it quite a bit. I absolutely hated Daniel Br?hl in Inglorious Basterds, in fact, that whole arc really..but he was pretty damn good in this.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah i really liked the acting in this movie and def thought of an oscar worthy performance by Br?hl.
But the jewish lead Hollywood would never award an oscar to a german actor portraying an austrian, you know.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I really liked this film.

The recreation of the 70's look and feel was done so well. The color treatment did a lot. Good acting by both leads.

Also it was good that they showed both in a good light and told both men's stories. So you could follow both and feel for them.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Just watched this. Great movie, probably one of the better ones this year. I'd put it above Captain Phillips. Howard with another solid win.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Fucking awesome movie.

It's amazing to see Lauda still at races hanging in the pits. The guys life is F1, and he's on the level of Senna for respect in the F1 world.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I saw the previews for this when it was in theaters, and thought I had absolutely no desire to see it. Well, after watching it, i can say just how terribly wrong that opinion was. This was a fantastic movie, and you're doing yourself a disservice if you don't watch it, regardless of how you feel about racing.