Rust

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You have to make clothes.

My brother and I have built a goddamn mansion on North America 3. People keep trying to raid it and keep failing. Meanwhile we are stockpiled with guns and explosives inside.

fris

Vyemm Raider
i played a good bit before it was added to Steam. it's fun, but near impossible to play solo unless you find an empty server. i honestly think they should remove a lot of the gear from the game, leave it just bows and below. i think more would play in that type of world.

when i just started playing, i can't express how overjoyed i was when i got my 1st 4 wall structure w/ a metal door. i quit before they patched out/over the penises. the spike walls look interesting. last time i played i just ran around with a bow fighting whoever i came across. was fun for a few days. most fun i had was messing w/ 2 semi-new guys that killed me as i was just trying to say hi, figuring they were new (mostly naked) too they wouldnt' agro on me. so, i just kept respawning and building fires around their small house attracking geared players and fighting them bow vs. bow around their house.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Been playing this alot with a few friends. Dont bother base building until you're able to do it well and complete the whole structure. Just setup a base to drop shit off and hunt zombies and resources for awhile. With two people you can aggro zombies and the other kills them without any worry. Once you get a pickaxe you can just hit zombies as they come running into you. Past that, its just like dayz, where you need to make your fun. Right now our grand plan is to wall off all of small radtown and control it.

We've talked briefly about getting a server, a 200 man server is 29 a month. If we decide to do it, I'll post the info here. Would love to get a strong playerbase behind a server.

Wouldnt mind hearing what people want in a server either. I personally hate any server without door sharing unless you're just there to fuck around with other people. No sleepers is another thing I dont really like, as you cant fully take someone out. I'd be fine with no sleepers if it had a timer on when the prone body disappeared. At least a hour real life. Just to curb the people that disconnect to avoid pvp. Past that I can take or leave the rest. Starter kits, decay on/off, whatever.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Bought it. Why did no one mention that I need an NSA supercomputer to play this game?

You guys pretend you're my wife. Let me try this out:

"Honey, I'ma going to buy $5000 PC so I can watch guys running around with their virtual dongs flopping around while we kill pigs with rocks so we can eat chicken meat. While naked."

fris

Vyemm Raider
"Honey, I'ma going to buy $2500 set of earrings for then get a $2500 PC so I can watch guys running around with their virtual dongs flopping around while we kill pigs with rocks so we can eat chicken meat. While naked."

you don't need a super computer for this. i thought it was pretty low for current games graphics wise. you might have been on a crappy server. I've got a GTX 660ti, I5 2500k and 16g of ram, run everything maxed.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
"Honey, I'ma going to buy $2500 set of earrings for then get a $2500 PC so I can watch guys running around with their virtual dongs flopping around while we kill pigs with rocks so we can eat chicken meat. While naked."

you don't need a super computer for this. i thought it was pretty low for current games graphics wise. you might have been on a crappy server. I've got a GTX 660ti, I5 2500k and 16g of ram, run everything maxed.
Yeah, jewelry doesn't work on my wife. We're talking new kitchen territory.

Most of my gaming these days in on the PlayStation. I do play some DotA and a few other games on my development laptop but no FPSs. Although I code for a living, I do mostly embedded development and I don't tend to stay up-to-date on the latest PC hardware.

I was trying to run Rust on a gaming laptop I bought for my kid a couple of years ago:

- Configured with 6GB DDR3 1333MHz (max 8GB)

- Processor Intel? Core i7-2630QM processor with NVIDIA?

- GeForce? GTX 560M w/NVIDIA? Optimus Technology and 1.5GB GDDR5 discrete graphics memory

I tried several servers and turned down the resolution and render quality. I was getting ~ 10fps.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah, jewelry doesn't work on my wife. We're talking new kitchen territory.

Most of my gaming these days in on the PlayStation. I do play some DotA and a few other games on my development laptop but no FPSs. Although I code for a living, I do mostly embedded development and I don't tend to stay up-to-date on the latest PC hardware.

I was trying to run Rust on a gaming laptop I bought for my kid a couple of years ago:

- Configured with 6GB DDR3 1333MHz (max 8GB)

- Processor Intel? Core i7-2630QM processor with NVIDIA?

- GeForce? GTX 560M w/NVIDIA? Optimus Technology and 1.5GB GDDR5 discrete graphics memory

I tried several servers and turned down the resolution and render quality. I was getting ~ 10fps.
My laptop is very similar and I run everything at max with good frame rates. Have you updated the video drivers? Something isn't right. It's not a really heavy graphics-intensive game.

Adebisi bro that is my video card, I put my games on my SSD. I don't need no fuckin RPMs in this bitch.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
My laptop is very similar and I run everything at max with good frame rates. Have you updated the video drivers? Something isn't right. It's not a really heavy graphics-intensive game.

Adebisi bro that is my video card, I put my games on my SSD. I don't need no fuckin RPMs in this bitch.
Probably a good point. I am not sure when I last updated the drivers on that PC but, damn, I'd be surprised if a driver update could take me from what I was seeing last night to "good frame rates".

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Probably a good point. I am not sure when I last updated the drivers on that PC but, damn, I'd be surprised if a driver update could take me from what I was seeing last night to "good frame rates".
You'd be surprised but when I first bought my laptop I tried playing SC2 and got around 10FPS. I updated the drivers and instantly was at 60FPS. Stranger things have happened, especially if you're using really old drivers.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
yeah this game is dogshit for graphics, my cousin is playing it on high with like a 6 year old pc, he bought of his friend, while dayz is another story.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
grass.on false. Should do it regardless so you can see loot bags in the middle of fields. Just hit f1 while in game to open the console.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Well, a driver update on my work station really improved performance. I didn't update the gaming laptop yet but I assume I will get benefit from it as well.

First impressions...clearly an alpha in terms of content and polish but nice and stable. Can't tell you how many times I was chased down and killed by lunatics before I had a chance to get on my feet. In fact, it was so annoying I eventually switched to a low population server so that I could figure out the mechanics. Got to a shotgun, clothes, and a steel door on my house and roamed around a little. Broke into someone's shack and stole their shit which made me feel awesomely dirty.

For some reason, some of the crafting reminded me of ATITD. It would be cool if they put some sort of mini games in to drive the generation (rather than just standing there watching the progress bar) and quality of the crafted materials.

vehn

Silver Knight of the Realm
Fuck you, Vehn. That is all.
lol didn't read this until today.

If anyone is looking for a server, should join Nostrovia and I on this server -> 162.221.192.116:28055

Has around 25 - 35 people in primetime, and mods are active on it. I been playing on it for the last week, such a fun game

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
They banned my brother or something from a server because he built his house something like 7 stories high and apparently it causes server issues? Is that a thing?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
He probably had fucking Mexican day laborers build out and it wasn't up to code.