Saints row 4

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Tarisk. dude. fucking spoilers.
To be fair, it's implied pretty early if you do the loyalty mission attached to him - unlocked the related outfit like 15% into the game and had already figured out that cameo was going to occur at some point involving him. (vague wording intentional in case he edits)

Just finished Platinum on it - was a very enjoyable ride for 95% of the platinum process - besides a few Golds for side missions and the annoyance of a few Challenges being obnoxiously specific about how they work. (i.e. Alien kill only ones - counts alot of odd stuff, but only about 1/3 of "alien" things thrown at you while you've got Noteriety) With the latter for those going to max out the game, honestly it's probably the most efficient to make sure you're constantly keeping the kill trophies in mind and not doing all the side activities until the finale is unlocked. I'm sure I probably wasted a good 10-15 hrs because of that "inefficiency" on getting the plat. (At least for time at the controller - did have to AFK a few hours for the ridiculous Alien vehicle travel challenge and the 40 hrs of play trophy)

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just finished it. Amazing that a game that involves super powers in an alien controlled, computer simulated world would have more "serious" moments than SR3 did. I got my moneys worth from the game simply based on the fact that they didnt forsake the old stories that helped build the franchise in favor of more dildo bats. The interaction of the characters, even if it was just a line or two of banter when a certain pair were your homies while running around gave them more depth and even some closure in some cases. I was really apprehensive at first when I read the games synopsis but I ended up enjoying itmuchmore than SR3.
I didn't think it possible that I could enjoy it more than Saints Row 3 but god damn if I wasn't wrong i'm only 40% completed and still think i've gotten my money's worth. Seriously the
Metal Gear Solid mission, Saints of Rage, spending quality time with Gat in Murder Time Fun Time, the console commands in Matt's sim:http://i.imgur.com/WU4pcGL.jpg
I Could go on and on, the game play mechanics alone are a blast too but combined with the story and comedy of the game it has exceeded my expectations.

Vaclav

Hex:
Ah - I missed the Freespace 3 joke in there when I was doing it - caught an interview the other day, didn't realize Volition had been involved in Freespace 1/2 back in the day. Amusing to see that snuck in on the mission seeing the screenshot after the fact.

And absolutely agree on the missions you loved. Especially the first - I couldn't stop laughing. "Famous movie quote!"

Helldiver

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm confused about the romancing thing.

I thought it was just a quick one off "perk" or Easter egg if you will, for completing the homie loyalty missions. What's so special about it?

Vaclav

Just humor, no real benefit. (Besides being part of the requirements for Loyalty trophies - but not the missions)

Itzena_sl

shitlord
And like a couple of other things in game (red door/blue door, the layout of the 'crib'), a piss-take of Bioware.
This game isso good. GOTY all years.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
No green door no reference to bioware. It was a reference to the matrix's blue/red pills.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So even though I don't like dubstep I think dubstep gun might be my favorite gun ever. I'm sure it'll get old though.

Vorph

Dubstep gun never gets old! I'd probably never use any other weapon except that I'm trying to do all the challenges.

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
New favorite moment:

Pierce Mission "Loyalty - Pump Up the Volume" Biz Markie sing along I lost my shit and laughed my ass off

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
aMo5YGh.gif

bytes

Molten Core Raider
The game seems pretty prone to crashing for some people. My brother is stuck on the mission where you have to save Ben King, each time he finishes it and the results screen is supposed to come up; Saints Row shows a frozen loading screen instead.

Quite a few people on the steam forums with a similar problem, and no patch so far. Suck to be them i guess.

And how does the dubstep gun really work? It seems to create some kind of aoe with disco lights and occasionally someone blows up.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
Hold the button down, the Dubstep song starts playing and the flashing lights and effects come out of the barrel. Those flashy lights are the projectiles and whatever they hit, dies.

I had a few crashes on the Xbox version, the whole machine would have a hard lockup mid-mission randomly. I almost had a rage fit when the xbox locked up during the final mission. I was afraid there werent any checkpoints and Id have to do the whole thing over again (which isnt short)

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Beat it in around 18 hours with 98% complete. Just the more tedious challenges left that I probably won't get around to.

Loved the game as much as the other 3. The story/characters really drive the series and I enjoy the love they gave to the first two games.

Caliane

Hold the button down, the Dubstep song starts playing and the flashing lights and effects come out of the barrel. Those flashy lights are the projectiles and whatever they hit, dies.

I had a few crashes on the Xbox version, the whole machine would have a hard lockup mid-mission randomly. I almost had a rage fit when the xbox locked up during the final mission. I was afraid there werent any checkpoints and Id have to do the whole thing over again (which isnt short)
yeah. once you get the hang of it..

Think of it as a laser. While the effects are really flashy. it ACTUALLY has a very accurate straight line shot. Head shots all day with it. And upgraded deals explosive damage, so blows everything up too.
Easily the most powerful gun fully upgraded. only weakness is the windup. Making it a bit annoying for the balls or wardens at times. Although the raw damage makes it still ideal for wardens.