Saints row 4

Itzena_sl

shitlord
The game seems pretty prone to crashing for some people. My brother is stuck on the mission where you have to save Ben King, each time he finishes it and the results screen is supposed to come up; Saints Row shows a frozen loading screen instead.

Quite a few people on the steam forums with a similar problem, and no patch so far. Suck to be them i guess.

And how does the dubstep gun really work? It seems to create some kind of aoe with disco lights and occasionally someone blows up.
Pres butan, receive dubstep:

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Beat it Saturday night. Fucking. Amazing.

That Stan Bush video posted earlier in the thread sums it up for me. I fucking heard that shit and it was like rock hard weekend up in this bitch. I have every station turned off but the Mix one...because it's fucking amazing.

My wife and I are now going to do a co-op hardcore playthrough. Focus on story first so we can hit all of the homie interactions we missed during our regular games.

I about lost my shit so many times in this game. From the Predator reference right at the beginning, to the "They Live" fucking fight scene with Rowdy Roddy Piper, to the god damn soul train dance off ending. Just so fucking glorious.

chilansl

Molten Core Raider
Beat it Saturday night. Fucking. Amazing.

That Stan Bush video posted earlier in the thread sums it up for me. I fucking heard that shit and it was like rock hard weekend up in this bitch. I have every station turned off but the Mix one...because it's fucking amazing.

My wife and I are now going to do a co-op hardcore playthrough. Focus on story first so we can hit all of the homie interactions we missed during our regular games.

I about lost my shit so many times in this game. From the Predator reference right at the beginning, to the "They Live" fucking fight scene with Rowdy Roddy Piper, to the god damn soul train dance off ending. Just so fucking glorious.
I think I first lost it at "Stay on target. Stay on target!"
And, pertaining to the middle part of the spoiler, "I wish I could call (that person) for help." "Nobody calls (him), he goes where he is needed most..."

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Heh, I'd decided it was gold with the reference still in the tutorial personally when they start it off with the blatant Armageddon reference.

intelnavi_sl

shitlord
My wife isn't a huge gamer but she fucking loves this game. It's like pretty princess dressup with guns for her. She can't shoot or drive very well (typical woman) but she loves the superpowers and customizing her outfit.

I haven't managed to find genki since he kicked my ass in the beginning, which is sad, because the money would be pretty helpful early on. The biggest sink seems to be dropping money on weapon upgrades.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Problem with money upgrades is not knowing which ones to get. I got the heavy pistol / mac10 upgrades because that's what worked in SR2 and 3 iirc but then all the mobs drop rifle ammo. If you want to go the easy route just play through the missions until you get the dubstep gun and then upgrade it.

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've actually maxed out the dual non-desert eagle pistols and have been using those primarily focusing on head shots the only instance where that doesn't work so hot is the murderbots and the roller ball things which I save the AR-15 for. Between those two I seem to be doing well. Anyone know if the corrosive damage of the SMG has an enhanced effect on the murder bots (i.e. like in Borderlands universe?)

chilansl

Molten Core Raider
mmmm. Delicious patch goodness....

rrr_img_42039.jpg

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Problem with money upgrades is not knowing which ones to get. I got the heavy pistol / mac10 upgrades because that's what worked in SR2 and 3 iirc but then all the mobs drop rifle ammo. If you want to go the easy route just play through the missions until you get the dubstep gun and then upgrade it.
I'm playing as casual as possible and the game seems extremely easy. Is not knowing which upgrades to get really an issue?

I can't imagine.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm playing as casual as possible and the game seems extremely easy. Is not knowing which upgrades to get really an issue?

I can't imagine.
Nah not really. You're playing it on the hardest setting right?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Depends on how you play it - I played it on hardest but knocked out all my Cache boosting events early on for the mostpart and the ridiculous cacheflow (oh god... I had to do it... sorry) really made stuff trivial through and through - especially since the rare death was exceptionally painless.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Fuck this game is good.

All the old little activities are that much more fun that they updated and the new stuff with the superpowers is terrific. One top of that the story is a blast and simply hilarious at times and even at some points, for someone who played through a all of 2 and 3, there was some feels going on with the Shaundi story parts.

I'm a way from finished (just stopped after the Shaundi loyalty bit) but man is this such a great game.

Just wish it wasn't so crashy, even after waiting a month for a patch or two
frown.png

chilansl

Molten Core Raider
Fuck this game is good.

All the old little activities are that much more fun that they updated and the new stuff with the superpowers is terrific. One top of that the story is a blast and simply hilarious at times and even at some points, for someone who played through a all of 2 and 3, there was some feels going on with the Shaundi story parts.

I'm a way from finished (just stopped after the Shaundi loyalty bit) but man is this such a great game.

Just wish it wasn't so crashy, even after waiting a month for a patch or two
frown.png
I loved the Shaundi and Shaundi parts.
"Young Shaundi", "Bohemian Shaundi", "Don't you dare call me Old Shaundi"

Brad2770

First DLC Weapon is called the Lana Del Raygun. Just like Dubstep gun, but just imagine Video Games, Born to Die or Blue Jeans as the song choices.

Seriously though, I have been playing this off and on for the last couple of weeks. It's great. A lot of fun. I am curious how 5 is going to play. Seems like they need to do some kind of reboot or it will get absurd. I do find myself playing it more than GTA IV. Causing mayhem is just so much more fun in SR3/4.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
First DLC Weapon is called the Lana Del Raygun. Just like Dubstep gun, but just imagine Video Games, Born to Die or Blue Jeans as the song choices.

Seriously though, I have been playing this off and on for the last couple of weeks. It's great. A lot of fun. I am curious how 5 is going to play. Seems like they need to do some kind of reboot or it will get absurd. I do find myself playing it more than GTA IV. Causing mayhem is just so much more fun in SR3/4.
Finally finished. Got the feeling DLC will be Delorean/TARDIS time travel, and sequel will be a "prequel" based on a few scenes.

Worth every cent.