Saints Row 5

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Best comment I read about this game.

"It's like someone made a parody of what they thought a bunch of woke devs would create. Except its real."

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 5 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
I was amused, one reviewer I ran across has, as far as I know, never given anything a negative review before and he absolutely savaged this game.

It's a shame, SR3 was just so good, to have the series end in a trainwreck is just depressing.

Nabi

Trakanon Raider
I was amused, one reviewer I ran across has, as far as I know, never given anything a negative review before and he absolutely savaged this game.

It's a shame, SR3 was just so good, to have the series end in a trainwreck is just depressing.
Link?

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
to have the series end in a trainwreck is just depressing.
I think I would probably play Mass Effect: Andromeda before this, but can't we just call it a prequel? This being crappier than even Saints Row 1 sounds extremely onbrand.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Game is fun

7/10

Game reviewers are faggots second only to stewardesses on the faggot profession scale

Caliane

I don't know how anyone can defend this.

Watched a streamer. Literally every single sync melee kill was glitched. punching/stabbing air. Half the time the camera would flip out.
Shooting someone with a gun within 5ft is garbage. nearly impossible to aim at someone close.

enemy npcs just standing around. just god awful combat.

world made of paper mache. nothing has weight. 10 ton cargo pod, just floats, has no pull on the buggy. doesn't spark the ground, or tear anything up.
walking into light posts, and they just collapse. everything does. theres no sense of, "I need a big and heavy vehicle to smash through that gate".

repeated "sit on top of vehicle and shoot" sequences, and they didnt bother to adjust the animation so you don't shoot yourself in the knees.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Yes but if you could see the diverse team variably pronouned hacks that cobbled this shitfest together your heart would swell three sizes!

Oh wait that's the vax.

• 1NPC
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
It seems like Volition made the same mistakes that Ubisoft did with Far Cry. Either they didn't know or lack the basic understanding of what made Saints Row fun and popular, or they intentionally tried to change the game to fit their worldview. My best guess is that the studio does not have diverse opinions and this is the result - a bland, soulless, humorless, and subpar game.

This doesn't bode well for GTA 6, by the way. If all these studios are damaging their beloved IPs this bad I don't believe Rockstar is going to be on an island by themselves following the same formula that made them successful.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It seems like Volition made the same mistakes that Ubisoft did with Far Cry.
Based on the first hour or so, I'd agree. After seeing how insufferable the new wannabe "Saints" are, I could almost look back on Far Cry New Dawn (and Watch Dogs 2/Legion) fondly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Aaaaaaaahhhhhh fuck it. I will buy and then post a short review, I hate woke shit as much as anyone but I'm a sucker for open world mayhem 3rd street style.

80$ goes floooosh?

Animated GIF

• 3Pathetic
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 3 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
BTW, for anyone who really wants to experience this trainwreck firsthand and doesn't have GameFly (or doesn't want to waste a rental slot on something so horrible), Denuvo did absolutely nothing to slow down the sailors of the high seas. Fitgirl's repack has been out for 2 days already.