Saints Row 5

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Well that was a huge mistake. Buggy, stuck in a mission because enemies that are supposed to spawn are not spawning. This is the second time this has happened and I am like 1 hour into the game (- minus the time I spent just driving around). The gunplay is not good, might be better with a mouse but with a controller it is terrible. Game feels like a Tony Hawk game from the 00's shoe horned into a Saints Row game or vice vera, it just feels dated and not fun.

Reminds me a lot of Just Cause 4 and that is a not a good thing in the slightest.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well that was a huge mistake.
Hundreds, maybe thousands of people warning that the game is buggy last gen trash. Buys it anyway.

R.65154d92c9c7eb1f27ea307d09c1f89b

• 8Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 10 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well that was a huge mistake. Buggy, stuck in a mission because enemies that are supposed to spawn are not spawning. This is the second time this has happened and I am like 1 hour into the game (- minus the time I spent just driving around). The gunplay is not good, might be better with a mouse but with a controller it is terrible. Game feels like a Tony Hawk game from the 00's shoe horned into a Saints Row game or vice vera, it just feels dated and not fun.
If it's the mission where you're collecting your cut from a armored car heist, you need to bring the fight out to the street where the first wave comes from rather than staying back by the armored car. If you fight in the parking lot, the last wave of cops spawn on a freeway overpass that you can't get to.

Other than that bug I haven't run into nearly as many technical issues as I expected. Biggest problem is with photo op stuff. I can't take a picture of the panther rock at all to unlock that fast travel point, and the picture I took of the city hall fountain bugged out because it's both a photo op and a customization object for the church.

And I can't imagine playing on console without turning autoaim to "wide" and whatever the highest lock-on option is. There's still some shit that's an absolute bitch to aim at even with those settings dialed up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I don't understand how this game could be such a failure on every level.

Isn't diversity our strength?? It's inexplicable

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I don't understand how this game could be such a failure on every level.

Isn't diversity our strength?? It's inexplicable

That's the least of the game's problems. I think the big root of it all is a lack of respect for the source material.

Happens a lot these days, some new people hijack an IP with a fanbase and proceed to inject their own worldview into it without much regard for the existing fanbase or respect for the IP itself.

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
That's the least of the game's problems. I think the big root of it all is a lack of respect for the source material.

Happens a lot these days, some new people hijack an IP with a fanbase and proceed to inject their own worldview into it without much regard for the existing fanbase or respect for the IP itself.

That's why i say on every level.

Even if it was a great story that respected the previous games, it's still an ugly, buggy, outdated mess that just isn't very fun

Vorph

To be fairrrrrrr, SR2 was an ugly, buggy, outdated, and nearly unplayable (for those without a SSD, which were still ungodly expensive at the time, and it was exponentially worse if you'd upgraded to Windows 7) on PC and it was glorious. Played through it twice on PC and then platinumed it on PS3.

I don't like this game, I'd never pay money for it, and I probably won't actually finish it before something else I want to rent comes out, but I'll say one thing positive about the game: at least it's not a fucking parody of itself.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
To be fairrrrrrr, SR2 was an ugly, buggy, outdated, and nearly unplayable (for those without a SSD, which were still ungodly expensive at the time, and it was exponentially worse if you'd upgraded to Windows 7) on PC and it was glorious.
Console ran fine, the PC port for SR2 was an afterthought that was handled by a couple people at CDProjekt and it wasn't even started until the console build was fairly close to locking down for submission. The project was a completely directionless mess on our end (and I can only guess how little direction the CDP devs had beyond 'make this work') and I was a little surprised the game even got to a releasable state. Nobody was particularly proud of it and I'm pretty sure that all the PC ports underwent simultaneous in-house development going forward.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Every SR game I've played on PC had a ton of fucking bugs, didn't really diminish the game. Most open-world games are pretty fucking buggy.

Rude

Potato del Grande
To be fairrrrrrr, SR2 was an ugly, buggy, outdated, and nearly unplayable (for those without a SSD, which were still ungodly expensive at the time, and it was exponentially worse if you'd upgraded to Windows 7) on PC and it was glorious. Played through it twice on PC and then platinumed it on PS3.

I don't like this game, I'd never pay money for it, and I probably won't actually finish it before something else I want to rent comes out, but I'll say one thing positive about the game: at least it's not a fucking parody of itself.

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider

Aw come on, being a parody of itself is what made SR3 great - 'A fucking TIGER?!?!'

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
80% sales dropoff week 2 says pretty much everything that needs to be said.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
volition community manager is going mental and calling people who are criticizing saints row terrorists. this should end well

• 3Worf
  • 1Edgelord
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Vorph

her twitter handle is deadlysteph
Tweets protected now, of course. Hopefully in a vain attempt to prevent getting fired because Embracer is already sick of their shit game hurting the stock price and doesn't need bad PR from a lunatic on top of that.

Gatekeeping is the only way to save any hobby or franchise you like. Woke assholes know this, which is why they invade a hobby or fanbase, chastise the current fanbase for gatekeeping if there's any resistance, and then once they have a foothold immediately switch to their own version of gatekeeping by purging everything people liked about it while "Diversity&Inclusiveness"-ing it into something unrecognizable.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
She's got a Ukraine flag on her bio...of course she does.

I don't even have a side in the Russia/Ukraine debacle (aside from understanding why things happened the way they did, and what role the U.S. had to do with it, which are things that were largely swept under the rug).

But even I've noticed the incredibly high percentage of Twitter Lunatics that have a Ukraine flag in their bio. That "I support the current thing" meme really is spot-on.

People like this woman tend to go off about "nazi this" and "fascist that" but I guarantee they'd be first in line to pull the lever on their ideological opponents. The projection is strong.

Gatekeeping is the only way to save any hobby or franchise you like. Woke assholes know this, which is why they invade a hobby or fanbase, chastise the current fanbase for gatekeeping if there's any resistance, and then once they have a foothold immediately switch to their own version of gatekeeping by purging everything people liked about it while "Diversity&Inclusiveness"-ing it into something unrecognizable.

That's a really good point. It's a very predictable formula by blue hairs and it never actually amounts to any increased dollar value for the companies involved.

• 2Like

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
I loved the Saints Row games because of the absurdity of the humor. This game was written by and also developed by a group of University students that focused more so on having a diverse group of basic bitch chums and it lost all of its humor.

Caliane

I was watching someone stream this game... and it really does feel off. The main characters are giant shitstains as noted. massive hypocrites. sociopaths.

I'll admit, I was one of those hopping on with sr3. and having not played sr 1 or 2. SR3 definitely hit a "loveable rogue" tone. they are criminals and hurt people. Buy iirc, none of the missions specifically had you going out and murdering innocent civilians, or good cops. They had you going after rival gangs, and dirty cops/military. you COULD kill civilians, but it wasn't specifically part of the plot or game mechanics.

This game does. Repeatedly you are sent out to kill innocent people. Assassination missions, where you murder innocent people for criminals.

• 2Pathetic

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I was watching someone stream this game... and it really does feel off. The main characters are giant shitstains as noted. massive hypocrites. sociopaths.

I'll admit, I was one of those hopping on with sr3. and having not played sr 1 or 2. SR3 definitely hit a "loveable rogue" tone. they are criminals and hurt people. Buy iirc, none of the missions specifically had you going out and murdering innocent civilians, or good cops. They had you going after rival gangs, and dirty cops/military. you COULD kill civilians, but it wasn't specifically part of the plot or game mechanics.

This game does. Repeatedly you are sent out to kill innocent people. Assassination missions, where you murder innocent people for criminals.

They go after good cops?

"PURGE THE IDEOLOGICALLY PROBLEMATIC, CITIZEN"