Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Vorph is just a grumpy octogenarian.

They'll never go back to the series roots. The sillier shit in SR2 was what made them stand apart from other GTA clones which is why they embraced it with SR3 and forward. There are tons of serious GTA clones on the market if you want to play one, there's no need for yet another.
Black humor isn't the same as serious. Trying to be too serious gets you a game like GTA IV, and that's the last thing I'd ever want from Saints Row. Plus, SR2's silly shit was a hell of a lot funnier than anything in 3 or 4. I've never laughed so hard at a video game as I did the first time through SR2 doing the septic truck missions. 3 and 4 have their moments, sure, but the writing for 2 was on a whole different level.

And I've played pretty much every GTA clone out there. SR2 is like the Planescape: Torment of sandbox games; nothing else in the genre can even remotely compete.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Despite owning SR2, I've heard it was completely overshadowed in every way by SR3, so I haven't played it (just like I have no intention of playing Far Cry 1 or 2 after playing 3). I did, however, love the over-the-top ridiculousness of SR3 & 4, so I'm not sure if it would be worth my time going back to something a little more "reserved". I gotta say, after Vorph's description, I wonder if I'm missing out. GOOH looks like a lot of fun too, but just like SR4 I'll probably wait until I can get it for a few bucks on Steam.

RhoA

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have a pending charge of $5 that was charged yesterday as well. I have a feeling they'll be canceling these en masse.

Have a feeling I should just cancel it.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
A bunch of people have gotten codes from Gamestop now so that PR guy was full of it. Isn't it up to Gamestop anyway whether the orders are honored or not?

spronk

FPS noob
i got my gamestop code and i also got my order from bestbuy for the PS4 edition, gonna play the ps4 version and trade it in asap and keep the steam version for my legacy

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yep, apparently Gamestop decided to eat the loss for their pricing error rather than piss off a bunch of people. Keys seem to be going out slowly because they didn't have enough to cover all the orders their mistake brought in, but I did just get mine a few minutes ago.