Satisfactory

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Early access just announced for 3/19 on the Epic Store.

3D Factorio, but no turrets, not a big enemy presence but there's some minor wildlife annoyances.

Some of the early gameplay (power, conveyor belts):

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Between no confidence that performance won't shit the bed with even a medium sized setup, and their decision not sell on Steam: I'm going to pass.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I love games like this. But I don't buy early access so I'm going to sit back a bit.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Early access just announced for 3/19 on the Epic Store.

3D Factorio, but no turrets, not a big enemy presence but there's some minor wildlife annoyances.

Some of the early gameplay (power, conveyor belts):

Christ...ANOTHER goddamn storefront? Didn't even know this existed! I want this, but I'm not installing another storefront.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
NDA drops tomorrow, alpha testers discouraged from streaming the later tiers / alpha client, as the weekend test is only 1-3 (up to tier 6 currently implemented w/ a couple more still in development).

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
A first person view Factorio sounds like a nightmare.

• 1Like

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
I got a few hours in today, worth the $30 they are asking so far. Game feels like a mix of Factorio and Subnautica to me. They don't have much of the game available with this alpha, so its hard to say if the game expands out in a satisfying way, but I do feel like the bones are solid.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I've watched chocoTaco play this a few times, and the game is very aesthetically pleasing. Seems like a game that has decent goal based time passing stuff. It's probably an enjoyable time, though I can't justify the cost plus having to install more fucking launchers

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
So I got through the opening and built the first phase of the space elevator and loaded the first shipment on to that which unlocks tiers 3 and 4 of crafting research.

The big glaring hole for me right now is there is literally no challenge. Some trivial mobs run around, no big deal, the hardest part of the early game is taking a few minutes to harvest wood and convert it to energy.

This game is Factorio meets Subnautica, with a graphical look somewhat reflecting No Man's Sky. I think they need to certainly emulate Factorio's bug spawning zones that send enemies to attack your structures, or something. Something to add a challenge. Maybe that's in the works and just isn't implemented yet for early access, but that lack of any real challenge makes me concerned for long term replayability.

And they're going to have to add that well, not just throw in stupid things that charge you all day and night like minecraft. Something that comes in waves and progresses intelligently, enemies with abilities. Boss mobs that attack. SOMETHING.

Otherwise though, the constructing loop/core gameplay loop is engaging, the performance is really solid for an early access title and yeah. I'm impressed.

• 1Like

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
In the past they've frankly said you can go play Sanctum if you want that kind of gameplay (blah), but we'll see what mods and stuff bring in time. Their roadmap for launch:

• The rest of the FICSIT milestones and tiers
• More machines, resources, vehicles, equipment and weapons
• Improvements on core gameplay, systems, UI/UX, Quality of Life
• Iterate on world, exploration, landmarks, rewards and creatures
• Full narrative
• More optimization
• Dedicated server support
• Mod support

My mess I started tonight:

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
In the past they've frankly said you can go play Sanctum if you want that kind of gameplay (blah), but we'll see what mods and stuff bring in time.

Game needs a survival mode that is substantive then or something. Some challenge. Subnautica did this perfectly correctly, with a scaling up of your power overtime, yet always leaving you vulnerable to the environment, starvation, creatures, etc. without including combat or the need to defend your base. This game can do it too. Failing to include any serious challenge outside learning the production chain the first time will be the death knell for this title's long term playability.

Picked it back up today I need a break from the brutal ass fucking I keep getting in Sekiro so the relaxing no challenge gameplay is okay in this circumstance, but I just dont see people taking to the game seriously long term like Factorio and other games of its ilk without some depth in terms of challenge.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Update 3 out on the experimental branch, about due to hit this up again soon.

It's been about a year, wonder if we'll see a Steam release next month.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Update 3 out on the experimental branch, about due to hit this up again soon.

It's been about a year, wonder if we'll see a Steam release next month.

In Factorio, you were trying to get off the planet. Is there a similar end goal in this? Scenarios? How is the gameplay?

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
In Factorio, you were trying to get off the planet. Is there a similar end goal in this? Scenarios? How is the gameplay?

The game feels really good to play, the style and art ties everything together so well. There’s no overarching goal per se, just a progression through the different tiers as you play. It’s easy to get engrossed in trying to get all your setups configured into walled off buildings, with multiple floors, feeding conveyors through walls and across the map to other factories, etc, etc.

The biggest thing against this when compared to Factorio is that the biomes are handcrafted, they’re massive, but there’s no random world waiting to be explored every time you fire up the game.

Update 2, not posted in this thread, added trains.

Here's a random video comparison of the two a little.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Update #3 is a nice boost to content, I really enjoy this game it's like Space Engineers and Factorio had a baby