Satisfactory

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Spent a few hours last night fixing my aluminum production and dicking around with nitrogen, and then a bit more today setting up most of the rest before I start making a big nuclear plant. When I went to save just now I realized that its not auto-saving. Maybe 7-8 hrs total in it, barely saved the whole time. Definitely gotta remember that considering the handful of crashes I've had so far. I'm probably being stupid but I cannot figure out how to turn autosave back on.

I think drones are gonna eat too much sulfur via batteries to be good for huge throughput, but I'm definitely gonna use them for small stuff. As I was building a place for battery production, I realized that itd be a good place for beacons as well. I'm planning some big beehive of drones bringing in aluminum/plastic, and sending out beacons/batteries to wherever. Probably also going to make dedicated factories for the new space elevator parts, and then fly in the end products.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Anyone played this in the last year or so. Last time I played was just before the liquids update that was supposed to add mk2 pipes. Wondering if there is much more content that has been added. See talk of drones which I assume are new since I don't remember them. All of my logistics was extremely long stacked conveyors across the map.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Anyone played this in the last year or so. Last time I played was just before the liquids update that was supposed to add mk2 pipes. Wondering if there is much more content that has been added. See talk of drones which I assume are new since I don't remember them. All of my logistics was extremely long stacked conveyors across the map.
I haven't but...

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
The mk2 pipes was small update, the new pipes/pumps are really just QoL. But Update 4 added a lot. The drones, hoverpack to fly around your base, nitrogen as a resource, new machines, and reworked the end game. Aluminum production is different, nuclear waste can be recycled or made into even more radioactive plutonium waste, and a new final Space Elevator objective that's a doozy.

And the latest Update 5 a few months ago added the train signal/collisions, and a lot of cosmetic stuff - roofs, angled walls, new foundations, etc. Made the trucks less shitty. A lot of improvements to the building system too. Conveyors & power poles don't have collision, so you can place them much closer to machines, floor holes for pipes/conveyor lifts, and what they call 'zooping' which lets you to place up to 10 foundations in strip.

The early-mid game is largely the same, though much more convenient, but the end game stuff has changed quite a bit. Colliding trains wrecked my last save so I'm starting over, but otherwise its been all positives.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Pretty excited for another update, seems like it's been forever since Update 3

Tuco Tuco did you every try this one? I think you would love it, if not give it a go when you are done with Dyson.
Never played but kinda thinking about playing! I wonder if it's a good time to check it out or should i do all the stuff i said i was going to do while eating breakfast????

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Never played but kinda thinking about playing! I wonder if it's a good time to check it out or should i do all the stuff i said i was going to do while eating breakfast????
Based on other games I’ve seen you enjoy I think you could really get into this one .

I have hundreds of hours in satisfactory but it does take a certain type of player just like Dyson sphere but we definitely have some members here that this game is perfect for.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Got it and played a few hours last night, enough to ship off 50 smart plating on my space elevator (I love space elevators). Really enjoy the game, it's beautiful and runs well. Excited to play some more but am trying to avoid reading anything instructional about the game so I can experience it on my own. Considering getting mods to increase inventory stack size and add a third person view.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Got it and played a few hours last night, enough to ship off 50 smart plating on my space elevator (I love space elevators). Really enjoy the game, it's beautiful and runs well. Excited to play some more but am trying to avoid reading anything instructional about the game so I can experience it on my own. Considering getting mods to increase inventory stack size and add a third person view.
modding stack size is cheating. Use bonuses hidden in the MAM tech trees to expand your inventory. It is limiting early but is really no issue later on.

Don't be afraid to take stuff down and rebuild, the super geek level of efficiencies aren't possible until you unlock more so simple production systems will go through multiple iterations as you advance in how you'll want them to be set up.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
modding stack size is cheating. Use bonuses hidden in the MAM tech trees to expand your inventory. It is limiting early but is really no issue later on.

Don't be afraid to take stuff down and rebuild, the super geek level of efficiencies aren't possible until you unlock more so simple production systems will go through multiple iterations as you advance in how you'll want them to be set up.
Yeah i drudged through most of dyson sphere with the default inventory stack size and kicked myself after unlocking it for not doing it sooner.

Doing a fun tree cutting loop that was ended prematurely because i was full if leaves was pretty lame, and I'm already annoyed by inventory management with an increasing variety of options, so we'll see if i get motivated enough to learn how to mod it. Will be worth it for third person view anyway.

Last edited:

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
You max out at 81 inventory slots, space really isn't an issue. And there's plenty of stuff like Screws that aren't actually used to make buildings, so you don't really need to carry them around. The whole biomass burner phase shouldn't last too long, and afterwards there's not a ton of need to go on big hauling trips like that.

There is also a bit of a cheat you can do to move mass inventory. When you dismantle and don't have room for items, it drops it all in a black box on the ground, but when you mass dismantle, that box is dropped at the spot of the last item selected. So you fill up some containers in the middle of nowhere, select them with mass dismantle, and then run all the way back to your base in dismantle mode and select something else there to dismantle like a foundation, and it'll all be there in a box. Obv. can be annoying to run all the way in dismantle mode, but it can be handy now and again.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
1642032579175.png

1642032564194.png

t1.jpg

• 1Like

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Ahh you haven't yet reached the phase where you realise building on the ground blows, and instead build everything on raised platforms. That's when you really start having inventory issues when building a new factory requires 2 whole inventories worth of concrete.

• 1Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah the platform stuff (even if you just make it effectively ground level) allows for snapping of construction, which makes shit -very- easy to plan out, and also make modular. Sadly when I played this last it lacked the ability to do blueprints ala Factorio, but everything else is really fun. Haven't played since the initial drone update, where I was like "But I already have conveyors that are stupid fast" and stopped.

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Drones are for long distance, low throughput stuff. Long conveyor belts lose throughput and add lag, and sometimes a train is just overkill/annoying to build. And also nice that they carry items both ways, so you can use one drone and take empty/full containers back and forth to a filling station.

Sadly when I played this last it lacked the ability to do blueprints ala Factorio

Still a problem, and the biggest one in the game imo. I like building, but putting down hundreds of components does get tedious. They've made so many nice little building system improvements, but sadly only mass-building of walls & floors so far. I'm sure there's a mod that I could grab and save myself a million hours, I just hate getting mod-dependent.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Modding in these games can be pretty meta. Blueprints added a lot of endgame action in dyson sphere program because i spent tonnnns of time creating super optimal blueprints. It's way more fun creating near perfect factories that can be copy pasted than sloppily smashing out the same stuff over and over

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Installed Smart! last night, which seems to speed things up. Also got AreaCopy but haven't used it much. I ditched the Third Person View mod, didn't like it. I'm still at the same tech level as the above images. I want to upgrade my miners to Mk II and use their output and rework my current factories before moving onto Tier 5.

I'm trying to avoid reading anything about the game or what people are building just to figure it out for myself for fun. After playing Dyson Sphere Program which didn't have a lot of verticality I'm going to try really embracing the vertical component and make really tall, thin factories. No idea if that'll copy-paste well with AreaCopy.

Would be nice if I could play more than an hour a day!

fris

Vyemm Raider
I keep quitting this game when I get to oil refinery.

Seems oil is never close and I end up roaming around fur an hour and get bored.

I can get tons of coal plants and Mac out tech around that level. I just seem to be missing whatever keeps people going. Movement at that level seems behind. Can't get trains yet, trucks seem dependent on knowing the map. Maybe that's what I need is there a map mod?

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Oil is the first thing that you really need transport for, but all the higher end stuff is spread out like that. I always make a beeline towards unlocking trains, even if I need to buy computers or something with tickets. The rail network connects power everywhere, in addition to transport and item hauling, it really ties the room together.

Also for finding stuff I use this site - Satisfactory Interactive Map . It does spoil the exploration aspect a bit, but it makes grand-scale planning much easier.

Random unrelated advice - don't build near those giant baobab trees, the collision boxes on them and their branches are bullshit.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
aaand copy pasted with AreaActions, cool. Too bad the mod author seems to have gotten defeated by C++ and never implemented belts or saving of blueprints.

1642217957041.png