Scenes from movies that make you cry?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
As a kid Old Yeller and Dumbo beat me up pretty bad. That scene in Dumbo where his mother is chained up and she'd cradling him as sad music plays, oof. I expect to never watch that film start to finish ever again. I remember renting Old Yeller a few times when I was 6 or 7 and somehow forgetting where the story ends up. I'll not be watching that ever again either.

Sorta related and forgive my TV Tropes link but -

Death by Newbery Medal - TV Tropes

There's just a ton of children's stories that really kick the reader in their fucking teeth and I have no idea why so many of them get pushed in schools on young readers. Right now I'm fucking plowing through The Laundry Files book series. I like them and reading something you like is a breeze. I'm not sure I can think of anything I was assigned to read K-12 that wasn't a downer. Sure, the stuff I picked myself for book reports was fine but if it was English class and we were going to be reading something as a class it was going to be depressing. Bridge to Terabithia and The Secret Garden did nothing but stunt my intellectual curiosity.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm

I have a huge soft spot for Alan Moore. I still consider Watchmen one of the best novels ever written.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I don’t remember crying as an adult at any movie but I remember feeling sad/upset at some like Saving Private Ryan, when the Jew gets stabbed, and when the medic was calling for his mom.

This is another one that got me the first time we saw it in theatres.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Boromir's scene in the end of Fellowship of the Ring got me right in the feels. And curses to Regime for beating me to posting the T2 end scene. The combination of the music and the last minute thumbs up man.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
As a kid Old Yeller and Dumbo beat me up pretty bad. That scene in Dumbo where his mother is chained up and she'd cradling him as sad music plays, oof. I expect to never watch that film start to finish ever again.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
UNCAS!

You fucked with the wrong dad motherfucker!

Last edited:
  • 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That scene in What Dreams May Come from between when the movie starts and when the movie finishes.

• 5Worf
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 5 users

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
My 35 year long movie finally got to the credit roll.

Second place to 50 First Dates. My wife makes fun of me everytime its on, you want to watch this babe?!? No, I dont.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester

That one didn't get me. It was actually the opening normandy scene that got me.

And I must have been on my period or something, but I teared up in one of the Riddicks when they shot his fucking dog. THAT SHIT AIN'T RIGHT, MAN.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am old school. This one still chokes me up a bit, since I was such a hardcore old school Trek fan.

This one gets me right in the feels too.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
The "Home" scene in Dunkirk is just, it's powerful. I can't imagine a scene getting much better than this. Normandy scene of Saving Private Ryan is the only other one, just crazy.

• 4Like

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
The "Home" scene in Dunkirk is just, it's powerful. I can't imagine a scene getting much better than this. Normandy scene of Saving Private Ryan is the only other one, just crazy.

I just rewatched this with my new headphones and its very emotional. I love me some world war stuff and missed watching this at a decent theatre. Pretty much anything with Hans/nolan will blow your brain out with emotion, visual and experience.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I just rewatched this with my new headphones and its very emotional. I love me some world war stuff and missed watching this at a decent theatre. Pretty much anything with Hans/nolan will blow your brain out with emotion, visual and experience.

I watched this in a real IMAX with my dad and it was very intense. I had a feeling of heavy anxiety every time the planes were coming in on the beach. I was shocked when some people said the movie was meh.

• 3Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot

I loved and hated this movie simply for the emotional aspect. I'm a big animal lover and they did such a good job triggering some emotions for me as I recently lost a pet a few months prior, I cried like a bitch at least 3 times during the movie in the theatre.

I want to see it again but not sure if I want to put myself through that again either.

• 1Like