Scenes from movies that make you cry?

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Can't find a clip of it, but the entire ending sequence to A Monster Calls. There was not a dry fuckin' eye in that theater. (Watch this movie if you haven't, I don't think it got a lot of publicity, but it was very, very good. Sad as fuck, though.)

And for some reason, and this is going to sound like some pussy shit, but the scene in that docu-movie Born in China from Disney where the damn snow leopard mom dies trying to get that needed meal for her cubs. She gets gored repeatedly by an adult yak while trying to get its baby and eventually is forced to give it up. The fucking look on her face as she's bleeding out and the yaks walk away, then it cuts to a later shot of just her paw frozen in ice, then her body covered in snow, followed by a scene of her cubs just frolicking around without a care in the world not knowing that they're going to fucking die of starvation since mom's gone. And then it transitions to the myths about cranes in China, flying away with the fucking souls, goddamnit. It's been almost 2 years and I can't think about this scene without turning into a blubbering little bitch and I have no idea why. I couldn't stop crying the entire fucking rest of the day after we watched this, it completely wrecked me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

Chokes me up every time I see it. These little bumbling fools humbling a King for the ages due to their refusal to give up in the face of impossible odds in situations so far above them that they're little more than ants.

• 5Solidarity
  • 5Like
Reactions: 9 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>

Chokes me up every time I see it. These little bumbling fools humbling a King for the ages due to their refusal to give up in the face of impossible odds in situations so far above them that they're little more than ants.

"My friends, you bow to no one" gets me every damn time.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Almost every scene mentioned here except that shitty fat inventor movie. Also did anyone mention the letter reading from V for Vendetta?

• 2Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
All the father-son stuff in Armageddon gets me every time. Especially Will Patton's character redemption arc. Damn you Michael Bay!!!

Will-in-Armageddon-will-patton-20064097-1000-750.jpg

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Almost every scene mentioned here except that shitty fat inventor movie. Also did anyone mention the letter reading from V for Vendetta?
when i said that scene had me in tears, i was serious, but those were tears of laughter. you need to watch that again. its the funniest fucking thing ever.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
How did we go from these movies to what Peter Jackson has released post-LotR???? LotR films were just so freaking good.
LOTR was a passion project, he really wanted to make the film and he used his home country to film it. he was hungry back then. his king kong and hobbit movies were more or less "look at me, i finally made it! here is some shit for you to watch while i collect your money."

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider

You know, I saw this film again today, and it's the first time this scene has made me genuinely cry. Now I know why: because it's how I felt when we put the dog to sleep. There isn't a day that goes by where I dont remember him. And sometimes, I do think "I'm sorry, Duff."

Looking back, I didn't really cry until the day after and it was much more like this than simply tearing up:

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Cast Away gets a lot of shit, and a lot of it is deserved... but for the type of movie that it is it is genuinely a good movie.

It's like a sappy R.E.M. song in 90 minute movie form.

• 3Like

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
Probably didn't help that my daughter's the same age as Laura, but this fucking gutted me

• 3Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
the damn pen scene

ignore the baked subs. There are morons on them internets

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Well, There are more than a few for me. The movie Big Fish had a few, My Girl had a few... lost my father a lot younger than I would have liked to, so that's a soft spot for me.

But most recently.. and this is one I knew was coming and it still got me...

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I forgot about My Dog Skip. Jesus, I can't do dog movies. ^ I have never seen that movie, and I already know that I can't watch that.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users