Scenes from movies that make you cry?

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Toy Story 3 - Furnace for sure. NeverEnding story with the horse was tough too.

Not sure why... but the end of Cocoa got me right in the feels. It's a feel good cry but the last song/sequence is excellent but hits ya in the feels.

The first time I watched this scene I was ready to go beat some people as a younger kid and still ticks me off lol

I didn't originally cry on this scene but now bring a tear to my eye when I even think of it...

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Mizake

Trakanon Raider

This movie came out in the early 80s.....but still one of the most powerful movies I ever saw, which is why I still remember it to this day. SJWs would go crazy over this nowadays, but growing up it really connected to me. I was a kid at the time but I remember tearing up at the end. Would really recommend watching the whole movie if you get a chance.

And if you are going to watch the movie.....don't watch my clip lol!!! Spoiler alert.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I watched this in a real IMAX with my dad and it was very intense. I had a feeling of heavy anxiety every time the planes were coming in on the beach. I was shocked when some people said the movie was meh.
It's got all the things you normally get out of a Nolan movie. it's a good movie, I just don't think it's quite up there with Saving Private Ryan or Blackhawk Down. It hits all the emotional notes though. I'm a sucker for a good war movie though.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Shit, how could I forget this scene from one of the most epic TV series' of all time. Cried like a little bitch.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Just about half of Dead Man Walking.

The English Patient - when he is carrying her body (spoilers) out of the cave and bawling his eyes out, and she is narrating over it with "All I ever wanted was to be in a place like this, with you".

The ending scene of Man on Fire (dude I love that friggin movie).

The final scene of Rudy.

For some reason Armageddon gets me every time. The first time I saw it I was flying back from Vegas and was tired, hung over and vulnerable, and luckily I was in an aisle on my own and the plane was pretty empty.......

Field of Dreams when he plays catch with his dad.

And the hardest I ever cried in a movie, Awakenings. When DeNiro starts to regress and insists that the doctors study him, it was crushing. I was so devastated the first time I watched that movie I avoided laying eyes on it again for many years.

Okay, I gotta stop, I am getting veklempt.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I still have not watched, and don't know if I ever will watch, Marley & Me or A Dog's Purpose. Or that Hachi one with Richard Gere. Fuck that shit.

Most of the ones I can think of have already been posted. The funny thing is, when I was younger none of this really bothered me. But now I find myself reacting more to the emotions of shows and movies, even the positive ones, even when I know it is a blatant ploy and I can see it coming a mile away. I don't even think it is anything like a sense of mortality or impending loss of loved ones or anything that would make sense like that; I just get a little more wrapped up in shit for some reason. Like, I'll even realize that I've got a big goofy grin on my face when the guy and girl get together at the end of a romantic comedy, even though from the moment I saw the fucking cover of the movie I knew they would end up together. And that's with good feelings. With sad feelings, I actually get a little choked up these days. Maybe I'm just better able to empathize or something.

Here's one I haven't seen listed. I'm pretty sure it is obvious to most people why this one would hit harder than a lot of other scenes, but just in case, it is because it pretty much forces me to imagine myself in that situation. I have a hard time watching this entire movie, but I try to do it once a year near the anniversary. Some of those final scenes though...oof.

Fuck me. I just had to rewatch it when I looked for the clip. God dammit. The whole movie is even worse because you see people essentially making peace with their deaths before they overpower the hijackers. I can't even imagine what that is like...but apparently my brain tries because it gets really dusty in here all of a sudden.

• 5Like
  • 1Direct to DVD

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
In the Perfect Storm, after the Boat Flips and John C reilly is trapped and about to drown, he says "this is going to be hard on my little boys"

I fucking lose it every time I even think about it. Not sure why this scene does it. But he just accepts his death and laments the toll it will take on his kids to lose their dad.

Hits the feels bros

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ever since I've had my son, anything to do with kids can hit me (not everything does), when previously there was not a lot of shit that did. It's just much easier to empathize with now.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
That futurama episode that shall remain nameless because you have to be a monster to not get teary at it.

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
The fuck is it about the word MOVIE you faggots don’t understand?

If you are gonna shoehorn in Tv shit the only answer is “how come he don’t want me man?”

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The fuck is it about the word MOVIE you faggots don’t understand?
If you are gonna shoehorn in Tv shit the only answer is “how come he don’t want me man?”

Lick it from the back!

• 2Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Ever since I've had my son, anything to do with kids can hit me (not everything does), when previously there was not a lot of shit that did. It's just much easier to empathize with now.

Somewhat similar, never been one to cry at movies, but since my mother passed away 9 years ago, pretty much anything that has to do with losing a love one will make me cry, even worse if it's somehow related to cancer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
There's a handful of movies that I've gotten teary-eyed as an adult, but I think the last one here (I am Sam) is the only one that I turned on the waterworks. Here's some others that got me

(Do not watch this if you haven't seen the movie. Seriously)

• 2Like