Science!! Fucking magnets, how do they work?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I believe North Korea was scientifically designed to be anti-furry, as the survival training required forces you to identify every animal as a target to kill for food and nothing more.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Furry's inability to distinguish between a genetic disease, and a genetic predisposition for certain behavior patterns, should surprise no one.

A trailer park is not an educational institute, nor is it a research laboratory, unless the research you are conducting is how to make methamphetamine with draino, how to beat your wife, and how to die in a tornado.

iannis

Musty Nester
Totally beyond the scope. They're just talking about how to make the things.

Which is plenty enough. That shit's neat.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm a little confused here, Furry, are you equating genetic predisposition with genetic disease?

khalid

Unelected Mod
I'm a little confused here, Furry, are you equating genetic predisposition with genetic disease?
Furry is trying to say that Hodj believes that, or really that anyone that thinks being gay isn't a choice is saying that it is a genetic disease.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah he's just basically regurgitating a strawman he made up in his head because its all he's got left.

He's offered not a single source for his views besides his own opinions, he knows it, so he's trolling because its all he's left with.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I'd be interested in hearing what you have to say Hodg refuses to argue on the issue at all, despite numerous attempts to engage him in some for of debate.

First off, I agree that gayness may be genetically pre-disposed in people. He linked an article that said as much, and I agreed that it appeared to be correct. My issue with hodg's interpretation of genetic predisposition comes down to this quote:

If you are not predisposed to homosexual attractions, you cannot just become gay because of "life experiences" or "personal choices".
I read that very simply to make the claim that ONLY people with the genetic predisposition can become gay. They are essentially born with the gayness or not born with the gayness. He later made the claim that EVERYONE is born with the genetic possibility to become gay, but what then determines who is gay and who is not gay? Random chance? God? Life experienced, personal choices and situation as I argue? A predisposition by definition means only that it is more likely to happen than otherwise, you can't hold the argument with a straight face that you consider it a predisposition if you say that on the one hand, and claim that people without the predisposition can not possibly catch it in the other.

I see our argument as a very black and white one. Either you believe you develop into a gay person through your life, or you were simply born gay and there's absolutely nothing that can change that. I find his stance of the second argument completely unsupportable. As a gay person, I've known through my own experience life gay people who become straight and straight people who become gay, and other such nonsense inbetween.

Anywho, I'm interested in seeing your opinion on the matter.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Oh I argued with you for pages.

You just failed to support your position on any level, in any way whatsoever, and I realized you were a dishonest dissembler and that you were no longer worth the time.

But by all means, if you haveany evidence from peer reviewed research into the underlying causes of homosexuality to support your conclusion that being gay is a choice, feel free to offer it up.

Until then, there is no point in arguing the subject with you any longer. You have demonstrated yourself incapable of supporting your point of view, or changing your mind when valid contradictory evidence is placed before you, after all.

Troll_sl

shitlord
People who argue that being gay is a choice also completely fail to argue successfully that it's awrongchoice. (Not saying I agree that it's a choice, just that if it were... so the fuck what?)

khalid

Unelected Mod
People who argue that being gay is a choice also completely fail to argue successfully that it's awrongchoice. (Not saying I agree that it's a choice, just that if it were... so the fuck what?)
Well, the problem is that these people use the idea that it is a "choice" to try and say they should be able to discriminate against them, just like you can choose not to serve someone if they violate a dress code.

Anyway, Furry jumped the shark in this conversation when he started trying to relate quantum mechanics and particles "choosing" with someone being born and "choosing" to be gay. Too bad he seems immune to embarrassment or we would be done with him.

khalid

Unelected Mod
No biggie. I bet another rhino can just choose to become a western black one. Gene's don't override choice bro.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
That's because those aren't rhinos, they are unicorns. Hence are magical hence jesus did it.