Science!! Fucking magnets, how do they work?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
WTF?
giphy.gif

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
The abstract is unfuckingreadable. And not because it's technical. These dumb fucks just create some word salad and call it science.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The abstract is unfuckingreadable. And not because it's technical. These dumb fucks just create some word salad and call it science.
lol you weren't kidding:
In this semimanifesto, I approach how understandings of quantum physics and cyborgian bodies can (or always already do) ally with feminist anti-oppression practices long in use. The idea of the body (whether biological, social, or of work) is not stagnant, and new materialist feminisms help to recognize how multiple phenomena work together to behave in what can become legible at any given moment as a body. By utilizing the materiality of conceptions about connectivity often thought to be merely theoretical, by taking a critical look at the noncentralized and multiple movements of quantum physics, and by dehierarchizing the necessity of linear bodies through time, it becomes possible to reconfigure structures of value, longevity, and subjectivity in ways explicitly aligned with anti-oppression practices and identity politics. Combining intersectionality and quantum physics can provide for differing perspectives on organizing practices long used by marginalized people, for enabling apparatuses that allow for new possibilities of safer spaces, and for practices of accountability.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Quantum mechanics is our best mathematical approximation of reality in small scale, not a system of how reality actually functions.

Because its been around so long, and the math works, people take the first part and try to say that it's proof of the second being true. That's where all these retarded theories of holographic universes and quantum entanglement, ect pop up from. These theories can neither be proven, nor disproven, and have continually gotten wackier over time as people take the weird ideas and build upon them with more. This is honestly just another logical step forward in their illogical progression of ideas.

Basically... I've been saying it for years, but you fuckers just kept making fun of me. YOU DIDN'T LISTEN.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
First, you have no idea what the conversation is about. Second, what are your thoughts on negative numbers used in physics?

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Quantum mechanics is our best mathematical approximation of reality in small scale, not a system of how reality actually functions.

Because its been around so long, and the math works, people take the first part and try to say that it's proof of the second being true. That's where all these retarded theories of holographic universes and quantum entanglement, ect pop up from. These theories can neither be proven, nor disproven, and have continually gotten wackier over time as people take the weird ideas and build upon them with more. This is honestly just another logical step forward in their illogical progression of ideas.

Basically... I've been saying it for years, but you fuckers just kept making fun of me. YOU DIDN'T LISTEN.

Feynman diagrams describe real observational events though. And in many ways can predict them.

But what gets me about Feynman diagrams is that it seems like you'd need a near inifinite (well, no not near inifinite, but because of the way that they branch it's a number so large that for our HUMAN purposes it might as well be) of them to adequately descibe any system larger than something very very very small indeed.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre

I'll take it as true until something better comes along. Back to making fun of you! Figure out negative numbers yet?

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Wasn't sure where to post it, but figured this would be OK, Medical science and all that.

This is awesome though.

Blood cancer treatment called "revolutionary" after all study patients responded - CBS News

Article said:
Doctors are reporting unprecedented success from a new cell and gene therapy for multiple myeloma, a blood cancer that's on the rise. Although it's early and the study is small — 35 people — every patient responded and all but two were in some level of remission within two months. In a second study of nearly two dozen patients, everyone above a certain dose responded.

Experts at an American Society of Clinical Oncology conference in Chicago, where the results were announced Monday, say it's a first for multiple myeloma and rare for any cancer treatment to have such success.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
My 83-year-old grandmother has multiple myeloma. Too bad this will probably take decades before it's generally approved.
So's my dad. Wish we could sign up for experimental treatments like this; this sounds like a really great concept with low risks and promising early results in clinical trials.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Case closed? • r/EmDrive
  • Shawyer's claims of kN-scale thrusters: disproven.
  • Shaywer's and Fetta's claims that they had already made mN-scale thrusters: disproven.
  • Shawyer's claims of partnerships with defense + aerospace: disproven. [Boeing looked once, decline to license]
  • Yang's claim of observing ~1 mN/W: disproven. Her lab couldn't reproduce any thrust at all.
  • White's claim of observing ~1 μN/W, 2y ago: never replicated; based on few observations; after many negative trials. Further trials are not being run.
  • # of prototypes passed from one lab to a second lab, for the second lab to test + confirm, over 15 years: 0.
  • CAST's claim they privately tested an EmDrive & are sending it for tests in space: unconfirmed, reported in only one news story, by an unknown staff member w/ no known physics lab.
So is the case closed? Isn't this what disproof looks like? [If not, what would it look like!] Of course the original inventors will never give up hope, if the Dean Drive and Gyroscopic thrusters are any indication. But it seems the EmDrive has joined those ranks.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
There's a guy under the title "TheTraveller" who I am convinced is a low-level physics professor or something who has been trolling the EMDrive community for the last 3 years or so with horse shit. It reminds me way too much of the flat earth jokers who know physics well enough to create elaborate proofs of flat earth.

He's been increasing his claims of creating an impressive EMDrive that he can't show any proof of because he's trying to sell the rights to it or whatever. He claims it has force high enough you can "feel it with your hand". Everytime he gets close to a broad deadline he set, he starts having health issues that are the reason he can't cough up any proof, he disappears, then months later comes out with another claim.

• 1Like