Science!! Fucking magnets, how do they work?

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Been reading through some interesting papers regarding what appears to be cures for cancer and thought some of you may be up for a read. If these are as legit as the papers indicate, what's holding this stuff back? (besides the obvious corruption)

Noble Metal Nanoparticles AND cancer cures
Silver, platinum, gold, copper, palladium, etc

Electron microscopy of AgNP solution revealed bimodal nanoparticle size distribution: 3 and 12 nm. Inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry showed basal silver ion concentrations of 32 ng/g, rising to 46 ng/g 1 hour after ingesting 60 mL of AgNP solution. Urine showed no AgNP. No toxicities were observed and he had complete radiographic resolution of his cancer. He remains without evidence of cancer 18 months later.
Conclusions
AgNP ingestion was associated with sustained radiographic resolution of cancer. Further testing of AgNP should be done to confirm its efficacy in head and neck cancer

Error - Cookies Turned Off

Colon cancer
Killed it
Silver Nanoparticles as Antibacterial and Anticancer Materials Against Human Breast, Cervical and Oral Cancer Cells - PubMed
Silver-based nanoparticles induce apoptosis in human colon cancer cells mediated through p53 - PubMed
https://medcraveonline.com/JABB/JABB-05-00116.pdf
Silver to treat Cancer: Science, Application and a Case Report

Breast cancers - killed it
Silver nanoparticles selectively treat triple-negative breast cancer cells without affecting non-malignant breast epithelial cells in vitro and in vivo - PubMed

Thyroid cancer - killed it
Pseudomonas aeruginosa synthesized silver nanoparticles inhibit cell proliferation and induce ROS mediated apoptosis in thyroid cancer cell line (TPC1) - PubMed

Skin cancer of all kinds
Therapeutic strategies and potential implications of silver nanoparticles in the management of skin cancer

Acute lymphoblastic leukemia
Killed it
https://storage.googleapis.com/journal-uploads/wjpps/article_issue/1605078866.pdf

Cervical cancer
Killed it
Silver Nanoparticles Potentiates Cytotoxicity and Apoptotic Potential of Camptothecin in Human Cervical Cancer Cells - PubMed

Lung cancer.
Killed it
Effects of green-synthesized silver nanoparticles on lung cancer cells in vitro and grown as xenograft tumors in vivo

Palladium Nanoparticles and ovarian cancer - works
Green Chemistry Approach for Synthesis of Effective Anticancer Palladium Nanoparticles

Copper Nanoparticles and ovarian cancer - works
Efficient biogenesis of Cu 2 O nanoparticles using extract of Camellia sinensis leaf: Evaluation of catalytic, cytotoxicity, antioxidant, and anti-human ovarian cancer properties - PubMed

Gold Nanoparticles and ovarian cancer - works
Sensitization of ovarian cancer cells to cisplatin by gold nanoparticles - PubMed

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 3 users

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
Tldr on all those papers you linked, but wouldn't the delivery method to the cancer cell site be the hard part? We're good at killing cells in many ways, but isn't the discrimination between the good and the bad cells the challenge?

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Tldr on all those papers you linked, but wouldn't the delivery method to the cancer cell site be the hard part? We're good at killing cells in many ways, but isn't the discrimination between the good and the bad cells the challenge?
Apparently not but I'm still digging through tldr papers, so I'm currently not sure if this applies to all of the experiments thus far.
Website for this quote is currently down, but it's one of the top results - "Active tumor targeting of nanoparticles involves attaching molecules, known collectively as ligands, to the outsides of nanoparticles. These ligands are special in that they can recognize and bind to complementary molecules, or receptors, found on the surface of tumor cells."

It's up now.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>

Apparently they do develop sexual organs, dissolving their stomachs in doing so.

• 1Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
96FA581B-703C-4E81-94C2-452B907E9340.jpeg

Way back when….I had a saltwater fish tank and had a Hawaiian dragon eel.

He started out super aggressive but eventually you could hand feed him. I got him fresh smelt weekly.

He died sadly. He ate a crab…shell and all.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm

In the study, published in the journal Science of the Total Environment, researchers found past experiments have relied on models with far greater proportions of nitrogen deposits than the actual global average rate.

whoops GIF

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hope it works out as another way to deal with Cancer. Radiation treatment is awful.

• 2Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Been told for 30 years that's why some of the platforms we do have to be split into two or multiples instead of one big platform with equipment on it. Only for some stuff. The one I see most often is sorting stuff that fill with something and then drop it down into a hopper or bag. Engineer told me once they're made so they drop opposite each other so the person at the bottom can do whatever he needs to do and then the other one. But if on the same platform that apparently goes to shit in a hurry.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Ok, I admit I was like "mutha-fucker, how did I not think of this"

I have a fire pit in my back yard that i burn fallen branches every few weeks or so. The random branches on tye ground my six year old and i use to make a fire are wet and by the time the fire gets going my kid is ready for something else.

Anyway, i always think about building some billows or some piping to do this.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Zero emission is one of the greatest scam ideas ever. Just ignore all the emissions released in manufacturing all the components of the boat, manufacturing the boat itself, as well as the emissions that will be released throughout the boats life time during maintenance and upgrades. Also ignore all the paint, oil and debris/load this boat will certainly deposit into the environment over its lifetime.

• 6Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users