Science!! Fucking magnets, how do they work?

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
And there are MDs who believe vaccinations cause autism. I dont need to have an MD myself to know those doctors are full of shit and are idiots.
Note how i said respected scientist, unless you are stupidly trying to claim that quack doctors are the equivalent of respected scientist because lets be honest it wouldn't the first stupid ass comparison you have made today.

iannis

Musty Nester
And 20 years ago the Gaia Totality was an intellectual fad.

True Nihilism is hard and generally unhealthy, but even so I don't see any good reason to anthromorphise theoretical physics. And that's the need that the idea of simulation fills, just the same as it was the need that the Gaia Principle filled. It's just a way to contain the intellectual terror associated with this kind of exploration. And there IS a base reaction to the unknown. We may exist in a reality simulation but that does not mean that you are a computer! You do have physical reactions, even to abstract concepts.

I mean I get it sort of. The images of molecular bonds blew my fucking mind. And there's nothing wrong with it until you start trying to defend it with appeals to authority and other nonsense.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Fascinating article. I can just imagine the otherworldly programmer that was supposed to code the precise schedule for radioactive decay per atom had a wife that was nagging him to leave work early to pick up the kids and he just said, "Fuck it. Ill just give them each a range. Ill be retired in 13.7 years and it will be some other poor bastards problem."

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
You are comparing Sylvester James Gates to a quack who believes vaccinations cause autism, the retard is strong in you.
If this guy your dad or something? Ive never heard of him before this article so sorry for disrespecting the great and all mightlySLYVESTER JAMES GATES.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Had you linked that video in the beginning instead of the stupid ass Matrix comment I would have agreed with you but something tells me you are still to fucking stupid to understand why it was a piss poor comparison, probably has something to do with the fact that you compare well respected scientist to doctors who believe vaccinations cause autism.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
What if I am the only conscious simulation in the universe and all you other "people" are just unconscious programs, and I am like Jim Carrey in The Truman Show on a galactic scale.
Also, Burnem Wizfyre, I think you need to be a little more sensitive to peoples forum names while participating in discourse on the forum bro.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
What if I am the only conscious simulation in the universe and all you other "people" are just unconscious programs, and I am like Jim Carrey in The Truman Show on a galactic scale.
Also, Burnem Wizfyre, I think you need to be a little more sensitive to peoples forum names while participating in discourse on the forum bro.
a_skeleton_03 is just upset that not everyone rolls multiple accounts and trolls under the guise of something as stupid as a name.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Had you linked that video in the beginning instead of the stupid ass Matrix comment I would have agreed with you but something tells me you are still to fucking stupid to understand why it was a piss poor comparison, probably has something to do with the fact that you compare well respected scientist to doctors who believe vaccinations cause autism.
You dont need to drink your own piss to know thats a bad idea. I didnt have to know who that guy was or what is background is to know that idea is full of shit.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
In the "real world" humans are actually gods, and paradise has gotten boring because there is no challenge. Essentially the real world is experiencing "The WoW Effect" where perfection and ease has left them pining for the days of hardcore. So the "immortal god humans" from the real world sign waivers and intentionally put themselves into the ultimate hardcore video game: Earth. This is one version of Earth but there are many with varying degrees of hardcore rules (That's why the population is smaller in the past, it's actually more hardcore.)

However, in order to make the risk feel real and give the mechanics impact, your memories need to be suppressed, because if you knew of the actual limited consequence of the world, it would affect how you act and it would transform big, impactful things within the world into trivialities.

So in short. We really live in a world more like WoW, where everything is awesome, but we hook in the EQ-Earth for the nostalgia of when life was tough; and it's super popular, billions play!

Cybsled

Well, "real life" does have "pay to win", so there is more credence to the simulation theory!