Science!! Fucking magnets, how do they work?

iannis

Musty Nester
One day it might not be bull shit.
+1

The "device" looks retarded. But since when is it a physical law that a fusion reactor has to be impressive. For all we know, it could be a pile of grey goo sitting on a table with a wire poking out of it that is eventually the form it takes.

What always sticks to my guts about this kind of claim is... why shouldn't it be easy to debunk within a matter of weeks. "Build us one, tell us how to set it up. We'll run it in our lab. We ain't got much to do next week, to be honest. The cultures take some time to culture."

I mean... ya know?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
+1

The "device" looks retarded. But since when is it a physical law that a fusion reactor has to be impressive. For all we know, it could be a pile of grey goo sitting on a table with a wire poking out of it that is eventually the form it takes.

What always sticks to my guts about this kind of claim is... why shouldn't it be easy to debunk within a matter of weeks. "Build us one, tell us how to set it up. We'll run it in our lab. We ain't got much to do next week, to be honest. The cultures take some time to culture."

I mean... ya know?
Because he wants money for it. If it's a simple as that painted pipe makes it look, he ain't getting shit even if he tells just NASA about it. A million times the energy density of gasoline, I'd be angry at my government if they didn't willingly violate copyright laws for that.

As for the complexity, if it really is just the right mix of hydrogen, nickel, and lithium(along with whatever required catalyst energy) that's the key, then no, it can look dumb as fuck. Just doesn't help your case. See above about wanting money.

Also, if your independent researchers admit there was only 1g of fuel, probably not the best idea to show the fucking scale that can't even measure into the tenths! Was the nanograms scale broken that day?

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
He would have more than enough money from interviews, books and shit. He doesn't need to patent it, he'll go in the history books, get a Nobel, there isn't much you can't do if you solve the world's energy problem (even if you don't own the patent).

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Because he wants money for it. If it's a simple as that painted pipe makes it look, he ain't getting shit even if he tells just NASA about it. A million times the energy density of gasoline, I'd be angry at my government if they didn't willingly violate copyright laws for that.

As for the complexity, if it really is just the right mix of hydrogen, nickel, and lithium(along with whatever required catalyst energy) that's the key, then no, it can look dumb as fuck. Just doesn't help your case. See above about wanting money.

Also, if your independent researchers admit there was only 1g of fuel, probably not the best idea to show the fucking scale that can't even measure into the tenths! Was the nanograms scale broken that day?
Actually, that's not what it looks like. There is a fancy box surrounding the entire unit that looks quite sleek in other pictures. It looks like they just took the actual working part of the unit out and tested just that in these scenarios. I think this is the concept for what it would look like in production (yes I know it's digitally rendered and not an actual product):

rrr_img_78240.jpg

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
He would have more than enough money from interviews, books and shit. He doesn't need to patent it, he'll go in the history books, get a Nobel, there isn't much you can't do if you solve the world's energy problem (even if you don't own the patent).
Explain the lack of white paper then. He has the ability to achieve what you say. Has had for years. Why the reluctance to open it to the world if it isn't money?

Actually, that's not what it looks like. There is a fancy box surrounding the entire unit that looks quite sleek in other pictures. It looks like they just took the actual working part of the unit out and tested just that in these scenarios. I think this is the concept for what it would look like in production (yes I know it's digitally rendered and not an actual product):
I don't know how computer graphics proves anything these days. For an actual working part, it looks shitty. For a god damn prototype, it looks shitty. It seriously looks like they dug something out of the dump. The paint job is incomplete and the ends of the pipe look like they were torn off what it was connected to.

Khane

I don't know how computer graphics proves anything these days. For an actual working part, it looks shitty. For a god damn prototype, it looks shitty. It seriously looks like they dug something out of the dump. The paint job is incomplete and the ends of the pipe look like they were torn off what it was connected to.
Most early prototypes look crude and rudimentary. They are worried about function not form at that point. Come on now.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

rrr_img_78240.jpg
So the solution to our energy problems is a oversized toilet paper holder in a computer case. Sounds legit.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Most early prototypes look crude and rudimentary. They are worried about function not form at that point. Come on now.
That's beyond crude and rudimentary. Seriously, go look at picture of the part resting on a scale. It looks like someone hulked it out of that CGI box. Also, why bother to half-assedly paint a prototype?

Khane

Having a CGI image of your proposed production model is beneficial when trying to market the product to potential investors/business partners/consumers.

Khane

So the solution to our energy problems is a oversized toilet paper holder in a computer case. Sounds legit.
You've got some interesting toilet paper holders where you're from. Round my parts those are just metal cylinders that sit inside an open housing.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Seriously?

e-cat-cold-fusion-new-model-scales-640x476.jpg

Darn, the image hotlinking won't work. My car engine looks higher tech than that thing, and all it does is combust gasoline.
100% without a doubt in my mind, if that fucking thing is the key to cold fusion I just can't imagine living in a universe where that is possible. I honestly think it would be a valid concern that if whatever the fuck is in that picture isn't something someone pulled from a toilet and is indeed the key to cold fusion, god exist and he is fucking trolling us.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
What do you think is this guy's end game?

"Here's your $100M, now give it here."

"LOL! It's just a piece out of a toy light saber! Fooled you!"

Or, maybe the attention IS the end game?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Come on guys, it's bullshit.

There's a long line of reputable laboratories that would jump at the chance to verify his device. He's using labs that are credible enough to get him another round of investors but not respectable enough to demand enough access and information to properly test his system.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What do you think is this guy's end game?

"Here's your $100M, now give it here."

"LOL! It's just a piece out of a toy light saber! Fooled you!"

Or, maybe the attention IS the end game?
The attention is the middle game. The $100M is the endgame. Perhaps not as crudely as you summarized it, but I wouldn't be surprised if a large amount of businesses were just essentially scamming VC for money. Corporations, at least in America, give criminals a LOT of protection. See: Mitt Romney.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Between this and the EmDrive, we have something fucking useful.
smile.png