Science!! Fucking magnets, how do they work?

khorum

Murder Apologist
Are we supposed to divine your stupid fucking thesis from that retarded clickbait article somehow?

Your zikaAmerican Inventor brain queefed something manifestly inane about robots in Amazon, but I guess you just wanted to express some butthurt FEELS about the conditions those rare few HUMANS that Amazon still actually employs in their warehouse?

Is that about right?

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Amazon needs the system they have in place of humans and automation to make it profitable. It is cheaper to have the humans they have employed then to replace them with machines. Even if they did have robots that had anywhere near the dexterity that a human has they would have to convince the entire fucking industry to adopt standardized packaging on everything. Good luck with that as packaging is actually designed to have your product stand out compared to others.

Amazon time-standards aren't actually that bad and are much easier to hit then other places where you are relying on the equipment speed. They also don't do anything funny with the numbers because they aren't dealing with unions.

One of the things they are looking to improve and speed up is the repacking which is coming very soon.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Are we supposed to divine your stupid fucking thesis from that retarded clickbait article somehow?

Your zikaAmerican Inventor brain queefed something manifestly inane about robots in Amazon, but I guess you just wanted to express some butthurt FEELS about the conditions those rare few HUMANS that Amazon still actually employs in their warehouse?

Is that about right?

Are you done having a stroke?

Amazon working conditions are harsh, close to 12 miles of walking daily for the picker.
Amazon could replace those walkers with robots.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Amazon working conditions are harsh, close to 12 miles of walking daily for the picker.

Those conditions are not fucking harsh. 12 miles is jack shit for a picker and is preferable then using a lift truck. Conditions are for worse and more dangerous in food distribution warehouses. You simply have no fucking idea what you are talking about.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
  • 1Salty

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm sorry, it is 15-25 miles a day.

yeah about that.

Working as a Order Picker at Amazon.com: 872 Reviews | Indeed.com

They seem to pay well, but that is a lot of walking.

I did that type of work for 15 years. You are in the best shape of your life and can eat anything you want. You have an actual objective goal that can be reached and you don't have to take the job home with you. Amazon warehouses are fucking cake compared to other less organized ones. They also don't have to go from -25 to plus 120 degrees in a single day in their warehouse.

The majority of the complaints of these type of jobs is from younger people who don't respect labor and want or are used to sitting on their ass all day. They both have perks.

• 2Solidarity

Oldbased

> Than U
They could place the inventory in watertight bags, flood the warehouse and hire Cubans as well.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

khorum

Murder Apologist

You really are fucking retarded aren't you? I already told you Amazon bought Kiva Robotics in 2012, a year before the unions tried to foist that pussyhurt bullshit about their pickers being "abused". They piloted their picker robots in a production warehouse a year BEFORE they even bought Kiva, and Kiva had been developing their pickers as far back as 2008.

That labor agitation faggotry flared up in 2013 and its been resolved because as of 2016, Amazon has deployed 45,000 robot pickers and fired all the unhappy little SJW baristas who couldn't keep their pussyhurt in check. Here's the 8th generation of Kiva's robot pickers back in 2014, a year after your bullshit agitprop came out:

In fact, in July 2016, Amazon has started developing robots to replace the final human job in their warehouses:

Extremetech said:
Amazon robots close to replacing the rest of warehouse workers

Having long ago automated the movement of goods in its warehouses through its acquisition of Kiva Robotics, Amazon is now looking at technology to reduce the number of people needed to pack boxes. It recently hosted a DARPA-challenge-style contest,
Automated fulfillment is the only way Amazon can achieve economies of scale where shit like Amazon Fresh can make financial sense.

So that's three times someone tried to beam that information into your subhuman skull and that's the third fucking time you've tried to parachute into the same conversation with some limp-wristed faggotry about some butthurt labor SJW shit, who's having the stroke again?

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I was working for a few weeks but I've been around here and posting here and there. Prolly disappeared more when diablo's season 9 started tbh.

You abandoned us to play Diablo 3 from scratch for the 9th time again? Dafuq

khorum

Murder Apologist
You abandoned us to play Diablo 3 from scratch for the 9th time again? Dafuq
See this is why removing the real money AH from that game was a mistake: it's destroying families! I could've just bought that ancient Sacred Harvester with +24% area damage instead of poopsocking for a couple weeks to get one.

• 1Like

Elminage

N00b
bought a crystal radio kit (1N34A germanium diode) and I don't think I have any ground in my apartment.. not messing with the wall outlets haha. the kit also didn't come with an antenna.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I don't think I am functionally retarded, but I have no fucking clue what this is. (I kinda do, but it is in the realm of WTF . . . kind of like that spaceflight forum where they were debating the merits of the EM drive, its just beyond my education).

Hoping someone can explain this so my brain can handle it. Lol

The Quest to Crystallize Time

Its Lent, I am burned the fuck out from work etc, but best I can tell its like a chain that oscillates at a given frequency no matter the input, randomly changes, and never runs out of energy?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I understand more about time crystals than Lendarios understands about robotic automation.

• 2Like

iannis

Musty Nester

That's not harsh at all.

12 miles sounds like a lot, but it's not that much walking. All that means is that you're walking your entire shift. Which... I dunno wtf you expect if you take a job as an order picker. You're either going to be walking or, if you're loading tractor trailers, you'll be using a forklift to pick pallets.