Sea of Thieves (PC / Xbone)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Servers are limited to 6 ships max. There are also lots of PVE carebears who use a discord to communicate and fill their own servers so they can pve without being attacked.

I thought server placement was random?

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I thought server placement was random?

I believe people add each other to their friends list from Discord servers and then try to fill all/most of the spots with people who only want to PVE. Summit has crashed several of these parties due to Pace finding these Discord communities and tricking them into believing they want to PVE.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So not understanding how they do that though - because you can invite up to 3 friends to join you on a Galleon (And that's all you can invite) - and then isn't the game supposed to stick you on a random server? And even if they Sloop'd, they would be by themselves or only be able to invite one friend on that ship with them before it did the same.

Unless there is a trick to it.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
They have 'fleet builders' in these Discords. They basically go into a server with one crew, try to alliance with anyone else there, and before the other people leave they will get them to invite someone else from the Discord which slowly brings in more PVE people until that server is blocked for people who only want to PVE.

Pretty amazing the amount of shit people will go through just to PVE.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
They have 'fleet builders' in these Discords. They basically go into a server with one crew, try to alliance with anyone else there, and before the other people leave they will get them to invite someone else from the Discord which slowly brings in more PVE people until that server is blocked for people who only want to PVE.

Wow doesn't that take out 80% of the fun of the game? Knowing there is danger and a chance of losing your loot?

Always thought that was the whole point of the game. The quests can get pretty dull after a while and like Muligan Muligan said, kind of filler until you can pull some shenanigans.

I suppose there were a few times though I wish I could just log in and solo some gold with an hour or two of play time. They should just create a solo mode for that where you can coop against the world with 3 others so they don't mess with the base game to that extent.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Servers are limited to 6 ships max. There are also lots of PVE carebears who use a discord to communicate and fill their own servers so they can pve without being attacked.

6 ships!? I did not know that... this map is huge and could easily accommodate 20 ships. :) I think it could add so much to the game if they would add a few gradually to find that magic number.

The could do clusters and have a more persistent approach but honestly just adding more ships would provide some needed action and excitement to the downtime as other players will be contesting quest mobs, restock, etc.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard

People want to avoid pvp in a pvp game? What's the point of playing, then?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Sorry bud we are playing tonight! I forget to let you know.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
My buddy couldn’t play sea of thieves last night. But we can do that too? No one really replied though. Whatdya want to play more? I say sea of thieves but we would have been done by the time you got home last night anyway so this is a blessing in disguise. Can you make 7pm central?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
not tonight, tonight I'm going to go look at a place and take the wife to dinner and would be on around 11. tomorrow I can do any time.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
not tonight, tonight I'm going to go look at a place and take the wife to dinner and would be on around 11. tomorrow I can do any time.

Tonight is the night take your wife to dinner tomorrow night! She will understand. Trust me. We are singing songs tonight while we loot people.

Pirate at 40.

A new rendition of Lyin’ eyes from the eagles. “ Looting eyes. “

Air supply. “I’m all out of loot. So I’m going to kill you”.

Get with the program son!

TJT TJT and anyone else we need one more if Tarrant comes. ! Two more of he doesn’t.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Tonight is the night take your wife to dinner tomorrow night! She will understand. Trust me. We are singing songs tonight while we loot people.

Pirate at 40.

A new rendition of Lyin’ eyes from the eagles. “ Looting eyes. “

Air supply. “I’m all out of loot. So I’m going to kill you”.

Get with the program son!

TJT TJT and anyone else we need one more if Tarrant comes. ! Two more of he doesn’t.

She works tomorrow so It wont work that way. ;)

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
No. I guess I wont be joining ya then, hopefully another time soon.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user