Secret Invasion

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
0.75 star(s) Rating: 0.75/5 4 Votes
Title: Secret Invasion

Genre: Action & Adventure, Drama, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Creator: Kyle Bradstreet

Cast: Samuel L. Jackson, Ben Mendelsohn, Kingsley Ben-Adir, Emilia Clarke, Olivia Colman

Overview: Nick Fury and Talos discover a faction of shapeshifting Skrulls who have been infiltrating Earth for years.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
This is the only thing from the D23 event that really caught my eye. And it looked like a movie, but I guess it's actually on Disney Plus. Good deal.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Jackson is always entertaining to watch, if nothing else. I'll give it a try.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Secret Invasion is one of my favorite comic book arcs that I've ever read, I have zero hope they'd do it correctly.

There is funny as shit side-arcs from Deadpool where the Skrulls seek to clone his omega healing dna, without realizing that its offset by omega level cancer, resulting in the skrulls who were created becoming big blobby cellular masses.

Then he convinces another squadron of deadpool skrulls that the best method to fight winds up being to shoot themselves in the head. Completely nonsensical hilarity.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Apparently Daisy/Quake from Agents of SHIELD is in this. She was spotted in the trailer.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Apparently Daisy/Quake from Agents of SHIELD is in this. She was spotted in the trailer.
Its based on this image.

1680716451902.png

Most do not think that is her. However she did say something to that effect in a tweet responding to somebody back in January strongly hinting at her returning in a future project. It is believed this is the project.

I will just quote her Tweet,

"hey man, you seem like a…mean loser?also, i have a strong feeling your tweets aren’t going to age well"

It was in response to her acting and her not being a part of any future MCU projects.

I enjoyed her character and feel this just makes the new series stronger.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

I would be ecstatic if they brought some Agents of Shield show characters into this, but I doubt they will lol

• 3Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Really anxious to see how Disney+ rapes one of my all time favorite comic book arc's, tune in next week to find out!11! They haven't got a single fucking thing right in years, zero chance this is good television.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I would be ecstatic if they brought some Agents of Shield show characters into this, but I doubt they will lol
I'd like to see the whole cast back. If you are only bringing one back, Daisy is a good choice. I think Fitz-Simmons would be great too.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Really anxious to see how Disney+ rapes one of my all time favorite comic book arc's, tune in next week to find out!11! They haven't got a single fucking thing right in years, zero chance this is good television.

Never been so stoked to not watch something

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
Reviews are starting to drop and its not looking great. Granted its based on the first 2 of the 6 episodes.

Oh Come On Jim Carrey GIF

Like how is it hard to make a good MCU show, they have a guaranteed audience. Like the words "slog" and "cheap" and "hard to follow action" should not be in the vocabulary of anything MCU. They really need to step back and figure out how to fix this instead of going full steam ahead. Oh well. It's sad too cause I like Jackson as Fury and Olivia Coleman is always a treat.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Hard to follow action = fight scenes shot like shit, or Hard to follow action as in a reviewer with ADHD can't handle multiple concurrent plot lines?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Seeing as how most of the MCU TV shows have been garbage, pretty safe bet the problem isn't with the reviewers.

• 3Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i heard that the plot of this is that Nick Fury is a hobo now and he needs a white lady to save him? cant they even give Nick Fury a pass? they gotta woke the fuck out of everything?

spronk

FPS noob
1687020543375.png

i think critics only got 2 episodes but it'll be interesting to see if this is another case of critics go one way and audiences another or if everyone agrees this is kinda mid

it doesn't seem like this is gonna be the MCU Andor, either way

its still so bizarre this is only 6 episodes, I have to imagine it took a lot of effort and money to get all these people together so why not make it at least 10 episodes.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Reviews are starting to drop and its not looking great. Granted its based on the first 2 of the 6 episodes.

Oh Come On Jim Carrey GIF

Like how is it hard to make a good MCU show, they have a guaranteed audience. Like the words "slog" and "cheap" and "hard to follow action" should not be in the vocabulary of anything MCU. They really need to step back and figure out how to fix this instead of going full steam ahead. Oh well. It's sad too cause I like Jackson as Fury and Olivia Coleman is always a treat.
Damn. This was the only Marvel Product since Avengers I've actually been excited for.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
i heard that the plot of this is that Nick Fury is a hobo now and he needs a white lady to save him? cant they even give Nick Fury a pass? they gotta woke the fuck out of everything?
keep in mind he started as a white male. it makes more sense that way.

even getting raceswapped permanently for like 17 movies in a row isnt enough penance for that crime.

• 3Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
keep in mind he started as a white male. it makes more sense that way.

even getting raceswapped permanently for like 17 movies in a row isnt enough penance for that crime.
Fury went from Hasslehoff to Jackson.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
This wasn't bad, will definitely watch the second episode. Wasn't brilliant, but certainly not awful like some marvel TV shows.

Will get a bit stale if most of the tension set pieces are tailing shape shifters though

TV show information provided by The Movie Database