Secret Invasion

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Boring episode made worse by Fury stories about Tim Crow and fried chicken, then appealing to Don Cheadle to help a brotha out lol

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
she's said in Interviews that the blonde dye job was destroying her hair. as in playing Daeny was making her go bald. this is common with brunettes.

...Wait, blonde dye makes your hair fall out?

Caliane

yes. its basically bleach.

Bleach or enlightener is decolorizing the hair by breaking up the natural melanin in the hair,” she explained to me when I asked what exactly happens to my hair during a double process. “It actually doesn’t affect the follicle at all, but it does lift the cuticle, and if not done correctly, it can damage the cuticle.”
“Previously colored hair is a little trickier. Overly processed hair where the protein in the hair has been broken down or the hair has been weakened would not be a good candidate.“Previously colored hair is a little trickier. Overly processed hair where the protein in the hair has been broken down or the hair has been weakened would not be a good candidate.
Oftentimes, people are lifted too high and get too light when they go platinum,” she explained. “This means there is no protein left holding the hair together. You want to lift your hair color until you see a soft, buttery yellow, and then use a toner to create the platinum look.” In other words, instead of using bleach to get my hair to the cool, shiny platinum shade I wanted, she would use bleach to get almost there—then use a purple-hued toner to give the illusion of
After the second round of bleach, she led me to the shampoo bowl for the grand finale. Her team applied a protein treatment, then a moisture treatment, then two different toners, then a pH balancer to stabilize all of the chemicals.

ESPECIALLY when people do it at home. they fuck it up. doing it right is like $1000. and of course only lasts as long as your hair to grow back out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
yes. its basically bleach.

Bleach or enlightener is decolorizing the hair by breaking up the natural melanin in the hair,” she explained to me when I asked what exactly happens to my hair during a double process. “It actually doesn’t affect the follicle at all, but it does lift the cuticle, and if not done correctly, it can damage the cuticle.”
“Previously colored hair is a little trickier. Overly processed hair where the protein in the hair has been broken down or the hair has been weakened would not be a good candidate.“Previously colored hair is a little trickier. Overly processed hair where the protein in the hair has been broken down or the hair has been weakened would not be a good candidate.
Oftentimes, people are lifted too high and get too light when they go platinum,” she explained. “This means there is no protein left holding the hair together. You want to lift your hair color until you see a soft, buttery yellow, and then use a toner to create the platinum look.” In other words, instead of using bleach to get my hair to the cool, shiny platinum shade I wanted, she would use bleach to get almost there—then use a purple-hued toner to give the illusion of
After the second round of bleach, she led me to the shampoo bowl for the grand finale. Her team applied a protein treatment, then a moisture treatment, then two different toners, then a pH balancer to stabilize all of the chemicals.

ESPECIALLY when people do it at home. they fuck it up. doing it right is like $1000. and of course only lasts as long as your hair to grow back out.

Wow, well that sucks. I went blonde to cover up a bald spot. Hopefully it doesn't make things worse. As for covering up a bald spot, blonde actually works pretty well for a light-skinned person. Ric Flair had a big ol' bald spot for like ten years before anyone in the mainstream started noticing, due to his height and blondeness.

Might end up having to just admit defeat and shear it at some point.

Then again, I know they've got Bosley hair transplants and so forth as well. Go to London and they can fix a bald spot for like $4000, supposedly. I know a guy who did it and it seems to have taken fairly well, now 4 years later. It's ensured for 5 years IIRC so hopefully it doesn't all fall back out at 6.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Though Clarke, a natural brunette, wears a wig in the series, she decided to channel her own inner Daenerys last year and bleach her hair platinum, saying “Fuck it—it’s the last season. I’m going to dye my hair blonde.”

But as anyone who has ever bleached their hair knows, it ain’t nice and gentle. And Clarke confirms as much in a recent interview with Harper’s Bazaar UK, in which she discusses her current blonde bob haircut, saying that she chopped it off “because my hair was, like, dying! I’m honestly trying to grow out the blonde, because it’s just killed my hair, and I miss having nice hair!

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

I tried to bleach my Asian black hair, first it went orange, then it went egg yolk colour, finally I went bleach blonde. By then it was brittle and constantly breaking off. Never did that again

My understanding is she wore a wig for majority of show, but dyed it for final season. But technically what Chukzombi Chukzombi said was correct so I didn't bother to correct him

I am not autistic

Edit: we hit send at exactly the same time.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Though Clarke, a natural brunette, wears a wig in the series, she decided to channel her own inner Daenerys last year and bleach her hair platinum, saying “Fuck it—it’s the last season. I’m going to dye my hair blonde.”

But as anyone who has ever bleached their hair knows, it ain’t nice and gentle. And Clarke confirms as much in a recent interview with Harper’s Bazaar UK, in which she discusses her current blonde bob haircut, saying that she chopped it off “because my hair was, like, dying! I’m honestly trying to grow out the blonde, because it’s just killed my hair, and I miss having nice hair!
reading that quote from her. i can hear her saying it in my head with that horrible brassy accent of hers. how can some brit girls speak English so sexy, while others make it sound like fingernails on a chalkboard?

• 1Seriously?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, pretty meh episode, not a fan of old man Fury.

This feels like a trajectory to retire the character after redeeming him of any actions he takes over the course of this series. We need a directory of (whatever) though, which I suspect will be Val.

Looking at the original trailer again, can see the big upcoming plot points:

- Presidential convoy attacked (likely puts in play the longer term plot to get Thunderbolt Ross into the Presidency)
- Gravik as a Super Skrull gets Groot abilities
- How Talos' meeting w/ Gravik goes

A few other bits and pieces in there providing glimpses of other big set pieces, like Fury in the room with the Super Skrull machine, he'll probably see Gravik or someone else get powered up.

With Val running SABER and Thunderbolt Ross President, there's your Brave New World / Thunderbolts setup.

Just wondering what other Skrull replacements they'll reveal or hint at to be dealt with when convenient. Sharon Carter being a Skrull instead of randomly being a bad guy would make more sense than what was in Falcon. Also, wonder if the person we see at the end of this episode might be a Skrull as well. Otherwise feels like a random throw-in to give him something to be attached to as he does this solo story and less of a 'nothing to lose' guy.

Last edited:

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Wow, well that sucks. I went blonde to cover up a bald spot. Hopefully it doesn't make things worse. As for covering up a bald spot, blonde actually works pretty well for a light-skinned person. Ric Flair had a big ol' bald spot for like ten years before anyone in the mainstream started noticing, due to his height and blondeness.

Might end up having to just admit defeat and shear it at some point.

Then again, I know they've got Bosley hair transplants and so forth as well. Go to London and they can fix a bald spot for like $4000, supposedly. I know a guy who did it and it seems to have taken fairly well, now 4 years later. It's ensured for 5 years IIRC so hopefully it doesn't all fall back out at 6.
For a few years in the late 80's early 90's I went through my Manic Panic hair color phase. The bleaching and me having longish hair and putting my hair in pony tails really fucked my hair up. Ended up with a growing bald spot and eventually didn't want to be that guy, and just started shaving my head regularly.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
For a few years in the late 80's early 90's I went through my Manic Panic hair color phase. The bleaching and me having longish hair and putting my hair in pony tails really fucked my hair up. Ended up with a growing bald spot and eventually didn't want to be that guy, and just started shaving my head regularly.
i really got into wahl'in my own hair cuz of covid, and i'll just pocket that monthly expense and buy more amazon shit

i really should get "black" instead of chestnut for the grays i have on my temple, but i'm just using a box (crate) of whatever my wife gave up on, and she moved onto another brand.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I tried to bleach my Asian black hair, first it went orange, then it went egg yolk colour, finally I went bleach blonde. By then it was brittle and constantly breaking off. Never did that again

My understanding is she wore a wig for majority of show, but dyed it for final season. But technically what Chukzombi Chukzombi said was correct so I didn't bother to correct him

I am not autistic

Edit: we hit send at exactly the same time.
maybe try asian dye, i know when i was young and just bought the white ppl dye, it made my hair feel crinkly and brittle too even w/o the bleach.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i really got into wahl'in my own hair cuz of covid, and i'll just pocket that monthly expense and buy more amazon shit

i really should get "black" instead of chestnut for the grays i have on my temple, but i'm just using a box (crate) of whatever my wife gave up on, and she moved onto another brand.
been doing the Wahl trim since the plandemic too. i buzz the sides and leave the top puffy. easy as shit and i look retro. takes not even 5 minutes.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
been doing the Wahl trim since the plandemic too. i buzz the sides and leave the top puffy. easy as shit and i look retro. takes not even 5 minutes.
my cuts started to get good when i learned about the bones and ridges on your head, maybe it'd help you too
(he talks a lot, but thats cuz he's giving info in case you mess up, which doesn't really matter when hair grows out in 2 weeks anyway, try again)

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
my cuts started to get good when i learned about the bones and ridges on your head, maybe it'd help you too
(he talks a lot, but thats cuz he's giving info in case you mess up, which doesn't really matter when hair grows out in 2 weeks anyway, try again)
i'll give it a whirl, but the boss (gf) says my hair looks good this way.
Wavy-Top-with-Tapered-Line-Up-750x935.jpg

(thats not me, i dont have a beard connected to my hairline. that is my haircut though.)

she doesnt like the hats i wear and suggested they would make me go bald. i dont need any drama so i am taking a hat vacation, at least when she is around.

lol and holy shit this is some gay derail. buncha metrosexuals up in here. including myself.

• 1WTF

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The show writers apparently hate Nick Fury and whytpepo.

• 1Like

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
And writing stories.

• 2Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
it's pretty obvious they are trying to bury fury, i can only assume it's specifically to give a big redemption at the end. i think this would all feel a lot better to watch each episode back to back instead of having to wait week to week

• 2Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Two episodes in and I'm kinding of rooting for the Skrull.

I mean, what's the premise? 5 or 6 episodes of running around not achieving much then a final episode where there's a Super Skrull for 5 minutes and <insert superhero here> turns up and slaps him down. Then all the other Skrull reflect on him going bananas and agree to live in peace on the moon or wherever while signing up to help humanity in Nick Fury's memory.

*edit* Also, what's up with all the hair styling tips? I feel like I walked in on queer eye for the questionably straight guy.

• 1Like