Secret Invasion

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Huh, I stand corrected. I've even watched most of them.

You know, I think Secret Invasion *is* the worst of those actually.

I haven't seen the werewolf one, but FAWS had movie tier action sequences, She Hulk was funny-ish, Loki was just good, Wandavision tried something different and it mostly worked, Hawkeye was just good, and What If? was interesting with a few good ones. I wasn't really the target market for Ms Marvel, and SI has no such excuse. Moon Knight was a bit 'eh' overall, but I give it credit for a fantastic first episode - if the rest of it had been up to that it could have been great fun.

Even if you didn't want to commit to 'worst' I think I could certainly make an argument for 'most bland' of all of those.
That is saying a lot for how bad this show is, if it is actually worse than Falcon and Winter Soldier. The amount of absolute bullshit that was involved with FaWS was monumental in stature. I was hoping Secret Wars might be descent. It being the worst of all of the series is just sad. Well, no reason to renew Disney yet.....

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
You know, I think Secret Invasion *is* the worst of those actually.

The only way anyone could honestly say this is if their eyes skipped over the top entry on the list. Falcon and Winter Soldier was and still is the hands down worst of the marvel series. Well, i did't watch werewolf by night so it's feasible that's the worst. Secret invasion was better than moon knight too, so it's 3rd from the bottom.

• 2Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The only way anyone could honestly say this is if their eyes skipped over the top entry on the list. Falcon and Winter Soldier was and still is the hands down worst of the marvel series. Well, i did't watch werewolf by night so it's feasible that's the worst. Secret invasion was better than moon knight too, so it's 3rd from the bottom.
naw, faws had bucky being awesome, and some pretty great action scenes. also dancing zemo AUTOMATICALLY makes it required watching.

that's why people hate faws so much, because it had enough great parts that gave the show whiplash in quality. but all of secret invasion is just... boring and no good

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
naw, faws had bucky being awesome, and some pretty great action scenes. also dancing zemo AUTOMATICALLY makes it required watching.

that's why people hate faws so much, because it had enough great parts that gave the show whiplash in quality. but all of secret invasion is just... boring and no good
i dunno. the wakanda bitches disabled his arm easily and then they showed him apologizing to falcon for being white. even had the gall to include Cap in it. it was pretty infuriating in every episode. especially the bubba gump shrimpin boat captain subplot.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

i dunno. the wakanda bitches disabled his arm easily and then they showed him apologizing to falcon for being white. even had the gall to include Cap in it. it was pretty infuriating in every episode. especially the bubba gump shrimpin boat captain subplot.
notice how dialogue wasn't something i praised?

j00t

just saying, its an embarrassing show for everyone, including the viewing audience.
yes, 100% i agree. there are just parts that are good enough that make it worth watching. everyone i know who started FAWS finished it. they were upset by it, but they finished it. how many people finished secret invasion?

that's my point. secret invasion is awful from start to finish. well, the first episode is alright in a bubble, but knowing where it's all going makes it awful in retrospect.

FAWS having awful dialogue and terrible moments with shrimpin' boats and black gingers doesn't take away that the first action scene is really pretty great, and bucky is still awesome.

edit: you know, i'd entertain the argument that FAWS is worse because it has good highlights that show it can be entertaining, which makes how awful it all is feel that much worse. whereas secret invasion never peaks like that. it starts sort of meh and just rides the awful coaster down into the trash.

edit2: i still contend that FAWS is better because it gave us this
Marvel Studios Dancing GIF by Disney+

secret invasion isn't even meme worthy

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
yes, 100% i agree. there are just parts that are good enough that make it worth watching. everyone i know who started FAWS finished it. they were upset by it, but they finished it. how many people finished secret invasion?

that's my point. secret invasion is awful from start to finish. well, the first episode is alright in a bubble, but knowing where it's all going makes it awful in retrospect.

FAWS having awful dialogue and terrible moments with shrimpin' boats and black gingers doesn't take away that the first action scene is really pretty great, and bucky is still awesome.

edit: you know, i'd entertain the argument that FAWS is worse because it has good highlights that show it can be entertaining, which makes how awful it all is feel that much worse. whereas secret invasion never peaks like that. it starts sort of meh and just rides the awful coaster down into the trash.

F&WS had some decent battles too. First scene was good.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

And how long did that last? 5 seconds of the entire series that was OK instead of godawful? Whereas SI was a consistent mediocre all the way through. You're just suppressing the trauma that was falcon and the winter soldier. Like a child who was molested by his dad and all you can remember is that one time he took you fishing for 30 minutes.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

j00t

And how long did that last? 5 seconds of the entire series that was OK instead of godawful? Whereas SI was a consistent mediocre all the way through. You're just suppressing the trauma that was falcon and the winter soldier. Like a child who was molested by his dad and all you can remember is that one time he took you fishing for 30 minutes.
no, i'm aware how bad FAWS is. i just think secret invasion is worse

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
in a normal world we would be arguing over what is the better show. in clownworld, we only rate the worsts.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fact is, the only Marvel Series I rewatched was Moon Knight. I could at a push watch Loki again because of the acting and chemistry between the main characters but I’m fairly sure my thumb wouldn’t stray far from fast forward just like it did with MK.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

I didn't finish it.

Think we made it two or three in and said fuck it.

We may have revisited it to finish at some point, but by then I saw the racism rant or whatever at the end and said nope.