Secret Labs Titan chair

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ruhl

Boner Donor
Anybody have any firsthand experience with these chairs? I'm a larger guy (6'1 & around 260lbs) so I was directed to their Titan model. I see it has great reviews on their site but wanted to get someone else's opinion on it before I pulled the trigger. Thanks in advance & I'll pm some tits (not mine) if someone can help out

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I too got one recently, I think I've had it about 2 weeks. I'm pretty happy with it. It definitely helps my posture when I'm gaming, then all the adjustments and stuff are pretty great for just lounging.

I will say it's a pretty good sized chair.

If you can get over the cost I'd recommend it. I had a hard time justifying the expense, but I figure outside of my bed it's the thing I use the most at home so I shouldn't be cheap about it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got one today.
At 5'10" my feet hover slightly at lowest setting.
20190913_132454.jpg20190913_132558.jpg

• 1Worf

rad

Lord of Guk
I've had one for about 2 months now and it's holding up nicely. I tend to beat the shit out of my chairs at 6'4/250 so we'll see how long it lasts but it appears to be built quite well.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I just got one today... huge improvement over my previous chair. Should have bought one sooner to be honest.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
You all are some fat mother fuckers. May I suggest a standing desk instead? But if you want a chair, I am 6'2" and 185 lbs and have had the titan for a year or so now and it is excellent.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I just bought one. The build quality is very high and it looks dope. It isn't actually as comfortable as I was hoping. Maybe it will become moreso once the foam has adjusted a little / broken-in a bit. I do use a Herman Miller in the office so I guess my expectations are perhaps a little off.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I just bought one. The build quality is very high and it looks dope. It isn't actually as comfortable as I was hoping. Maybe it will become moreso once the foam has adjusted a little / broken-in a bit. I do use a Herman Miller in the office so I guess my expectations are perhaps a little off.

Well, you're used to one of the best chairs in the world, and then using what is not much of a step up from DXRacer style garbage.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I <3 my Aeron. Best chair ever. Was worth investing in it. It's the ONLY furniture I brought from Philly to Hawaii. I just had to disassemble it a bit and fit it into a 36" cube box. Happy to have it here, though. The mesh backing is perfect for the warm weather and lack of air conditioning out here.

rad

Lord of Guk
I <3 my Aeron. Best chair ever. Was worth investing in it. It's the ONLY furniture I brought from Philly to Hawaii. I just had to disassemble it a bit and fit it into a 36" cube box. Happy to have it here, though. The mesh backing is perfect for the warm weather and lack of air conditioning out here.

Those chairs are like sitting on fucking clouds, not really fair to compare to anything else.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really really dislike the arm rests because at the end of them are engraved logos that rub and dig into my human arms

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Five month update: The head pillow is now splitting, and it pops off all the damn time. Without pillow, headrest is severely lacking.

Updated rating: 6.3/10

Oldbased

> Than U
What would it be without the pillow issue as I was thinking about buying one but I have an actual bed.

Dodsengel

Trakanon Raider
I'm about 5 months in on one of these and love it so far. Never used the headrest pillow, so can't comment on that.

The chair is less "comfortable" than I anticipated but I think it's better for my back as I don't get any cramping/stiffness from long sitting spells. Would definitely buy again.

Oldbased

> Than U
I currently have a 3 yr old Lazyboy which was ~$250. The fake leather has long peeled off but I solved that with a spandex chair cover for$15 from Amazon. Still it has gone through 2 bases now and I doubt they'll honor another replacement when it gives way.
I'd easily qualify for the Titan specs but I am still considering the XL because sometimes I love to fold my feet into the chair I am in and more durability=less hassle over time.
I have serious concerns however to their mention of a "heavy duty mechanism" claim for a $100 more price tag.
Sure the base is bigger, and the XL is 2 inches wider all around, yet it only weighs 2.4lbs more than the Titan. I would expect it to weigh 10lbs+ without even considering that the mechanism is really heavier duty.

• 1Like