Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: See

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Drama

First aired: 2019-11-01

Creator: Steven Knight

Cast: Jason Momoa, Christian Camargo, Hera Hilmar, Alfre Woodard

Overview: Set in a future where humans have lost their sense of sight, relying on new methods to conduct everyday life. Things get thrown into chaos when a set of twins is born that have their sight.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
A new show from Apple, didn't expect much but I'm somewhat intrigued after seeing the trailer.

Although I see no reason to subscribe to Apple TV PLu

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Apple TV will launch Nov 1st, $4.99/mo, and you get a free year when you buy certain new apple products (iphones and shit I imagine).

This show looks awful as does pretty much all their launch shows, and the network will be super barebones... like maybe 15 shows total?

This show is an interesting idea but its a huge ask to really believe they would have such a functional society with no sight and I bet it gets more and more unbelievable as it goes on. crazy cast though.

Caliane

Apple TV will launch Nov 1st, $4.99/mo, and you get a free year when you buy certain new apple products (iphones and shit I imagine).

This show looks awful as does pretty much all their launch shows, and the network will be super barebones... like maybe 15 shows total?

This show is an interesting idea but its a huge ask to really believe they would have such a functional society with no sight and I bet it gets more and more unbelievable as it goes on. crazy cast though.
I think the only solution I can think of, is all hunting is done by dogs. I think I could imagine a human society surviving blindness, using dogs to hunt for food.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm a sucker for post apocalyptic shit, I'll give this a try for a deep discount.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
How the fuck do they know those babies can see? They are fumbling crossing bridges one minute, riding horses and walking on cliffs the next.

This thread needs gifs of people falling over.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
How the fuck do they know those babies can see?

AnPd0naU3Ua6SMpvKFK-zg

Caliane

How the fuck do they know those babies can see?
lol. yeah, that was one of my first thoughts.

Seems like there is a time skip, to them being Young adults. so, maybe that line isn't quite as silly as it sounds.

spronk

FPS noob
presumably the babies make noise at something (I think they briefly show the babies "noticing" some birds) and the blind bois somehow notice the heads tracking something, although its gonna be an awkward and weird scene for sure. plus you'd think over a few generations they would develop sonar or X-Men level hearing or something

i wonder more about how some moron doesn't burn the village down to the ground by accident. also the trailer showed fire lamps ocassionally, which a bunch of blind people wouldn't need. sure, campfires for heat, but would you really need lighted poles? Yeah, you could navigate by the sense of heat but that seems ludicrously dangerous, if someone accidently bumps into one and it drops your village is fucked.

i guess it'll be a fun nit picking series, with a lot of "why the fuck are they doing this"

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well it wouldn't be hard to notice something different with babies that sees vs babies that don't. For one thing, just the simple act of trying to interacting with them would get them to grab your hand/fingers, something a blind baby most likely doesn't do.

I'm intrigued because of the post-apocalyptic setting, and it looks nicely produced. As I said in initial post though, I don't see myself subscribing to Apple TV Plus, as this is the only show that seems interesting. I also think the show is 1 episode per week, so can't just subscribe for a month and binge it...at least not initially. If it's good, then I'll wait till it's complete and sub for a month maybe to binge it.

I'm not sure I understand Apple's strategy with Apple TV Plus and going live with almost no content. Even at $4.99, no content is still bad.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah their other big show they are launching with looks super cringey bad

the space show looks weird too, like "what if the USA kept going to the moon... and sent an all female astronaut team!" wat

the only other show they are lauching with i think is this weird tween shit

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The amazing hotness of Hailee Stanfield still isn't enough to get me to watch that shitty-looking show.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Production value looks really good, and who doesn't like Momoa, but the idea here is just off the wall retarded. You would have to have astounding writers and actors to pull this off, and the trailer isn't making a case for this. As previously alluded to, the only real reason to watch this is to see how many times you facepalm an episode going "blind people can't do that", "how the fuck they see that?, and "wtf?"

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Cant see shit. Let's light fires and ride horses. okay

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Two tropes in TV I'm 100% burned out on: The drug addict angle, and the super religious person(s) looking to destroy anything they think might be evil.

I'll still probably check it out, because it looks fun to watch, and $$$ went into it to make it look good ;)

iannis

Musty Nester
I really want to like Jason Momoa, but he's got such a shit agent.

That last one he did where he was playing some sort of indian fur trapper was bad bad.

I think the dude himself is capable of a lot better than the projects he's headlining. I guess he was Aquaman or something.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This looks dumb. Too many things wrong in the trailer for blind people. Riding horses. Lamps in the camp etc.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
I don't even know what is going on with Apple +. I never had a appleid account before so at about 2am I looked up apple+ app on Amazon fire search, found it, downloaded it. It sent me to appleid site, I registered which the app then cycled active and I have watched 2 episodes of SEE and it is now 4am. The show is interesting but I am still confused. I don't recall seeing anything about a trial, or payment info or umm anything. Yet the service seems fully available to me. It did ask for CC info for the appleID part, not the TV but I stuck in 7 year old info that has a balance and limit of 0.00 and it said I wouldn't be charged anyways.

Is apple one of those places that just tries to bill you whenever and whatever it wants?

spronk

FPS noob
an apple 4K TV device is $90 at AT&T today only normally $180

• 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database