Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (From Software)

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Logarius made me his bitch. Still makes me his bitch on replays. I just cannot get his patterns down to save my life. I struggled with all of the bosses until Rom (outside of the witches), and then for whatever reason the ones in the latter half of the game just were easier to me. I one shot many of them, but the ones I did die to, it was no more than 3 or 4 times.

Someone brought up dark souls III. I legit just struggled with that game period. I could not get the timing down in that one after playing bloodborne, until I figured out the art of turtling. Then they were all trivial until Nameless King. I will never get him, and I have no shame I summoned someone so I could beat him.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I never really got good with parries. Sekiro is looking like I'm going to have to.

I was never great at it either, but at least in Bloodborne you could do it from a distance so if you fucked it up you were just out a bullet, not 2/3 of your life bar.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I fucked around and summoned someone once by accident on Paarl. Dude almost instantly died and I proceeded to kill Paarl... I thought it was hilarious.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I have Friday off and a 3 day weekend before starting my new job. Yay!

Anyone down for hanging out in discord and discussing secrets found and/or excessive raging?

You can't handle this rage.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ya same here

For me, the hardest fights in the whole series were probably Dancer (never could get her moveset down) and probably Ornstein and Smough from the original DS - if only because I remember it so vividly, and to this day it was probably the most satisfied I've felt after accomplishing something in a video game.

For Bloodborne, the DLC bosses were ALL fecking hard - but Laurence was probably the worst for me. In fact, the DLC bosses were so annoying to me that I wouldn't ever want to sit down and fuck with them again. Orphan as well took me for-ever to kill.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Black dragon Kalameet gave me some serious guff. He was super aggressive for it being DS1, had a huge hit range and it was dangerous to be near him for more than a couple seconds. I ended up just putting on Havels and tanking him.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Dang y’all really liked nioh huh

I don't dig it either. Paid full price for the game based on the overwhelmingly positive response here. Spent hours getting destroyed by the third boss. Bitch would one-shot me and then it took like 30 minutes just to get back to her. Fuck that noise. I'll probably never boot the game up again. Some of y'all are either epic gamers or extreme masochists.

• 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I don't dig it either. Paid full price for the game based on the overwhelmingly positive response here. Spent hours getting destroyed by the third boss. Bitch would one-shot me and then it took like 30 minutes just to get back to her. Fuck that noise. I'll probably never boot the game up again. Some of y'all are either epic gamers or extreme masochists.

Weird, I found nioh to be overall easier then dark souls for the most part with how much I've played of it. (past 10th boss, haven't had any time to get back onto it since its on my ps4)

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Nioh has it's moments but other then that it is a easier Souls style game. I wasn't' overly impressed by it, as much as Souls but *shrug* it was fun.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Weird, I found nioh to be overall easier then dark souls for the most part with how much I've played of it. (past 10th boss, haven't had any time to get back onto it since its on my ps4)
I felt like the first few hours of Nioh were pretty challenging, but as you leveled and geared up, it got much easier than Souls games. I enjoyed it quite a bit, but it wasn't as fun as BB or DS.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I found the bloodborne bosses relatively easier. Exceptio. Was Gehrmann for me. For some reason it took me F O R E V E R

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Dark Souls 3 was the best soulsborne and probably my favorite game of all time.

The controls were the most responsive, the environments were beautiful, the bosses felt absolutely epic, and they seemed to get down the perfect ratio of level to bosses.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I found the bloodborne bosses relatively easier. Exceptio. Was Gehrmann for me. For some reason it took me F O R E V E R

I thought Gehrman was easy. I died to that one hunter in Bergenwerth a shitload. Eventually I straight up killed her in that tiny spot she stands in upstairs without doing anything weird like pulling her outside or downstairs. Once I learned to kill that hunter all the other NPC hunters were cake. I buttraped those 3 hunters at the same time in Unseen Village and didn't even die once! Huge fuck yeah moment for me.

Bergenwerth one was the hardest hunter. Tiny fighting area and she could one shot you with Augur of Ebrietas and A Call Beyond. Both of which you had to just dodge and couldn't stagger her out of. The only thing that would have been worse is if she had a gun and not that stupid Rosmarinus thing.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider

The controls were the most responsive, the environments were beautiful, the bosses felt absolutely epic, and they seemed to get down the perfect ratio of level to bosses.

I agree with controls and the environments were beautiful but felt the lore was weaker then DS1.

Also bosses looked epic, but gameplay wise most were not epic at all for me. One attempted WAY to many. (not including DLC, which were always amazing in every DS game)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

Myself it's 3 = BB > 1 > .... > 2

• 2Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I never got the hate for DS2. I really enjoyed DS2 sofs edition. I didn't play the original release.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I never got the hate for DS2. I really enjoyed DS2 sofs edition. I didn't play the original release.
DS2 had the most replayability IMO because the covenants and PVP were actually worthwhile and the boss soul rewards were better on 2nd playthrough. I don't think it had the best environment or mechanics, but I spent more hours playing it than any of the other soulsborne games

• 2Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I felt like the first few hours of Nioh were pretty challenging, but as you leveled and geared up, it got much easier than Souls games. I enjoyed it quite a bit, but it wasn't as fun as BB or DS.

As I said in the Nioh thread, Nioh was way more Diablo than it was Dark Souls. It shared some basic concepts of the stamina based combat and how you leveled up stats, and that was about it. How you approached battles and strategies were more akin to game that relied on special abilities than souls. Then, to top it off, a massive chunk of your power comes from your gear and the set bonueses from said gear. Souls, while it had gear, was very static in nature there and you either brute forced via leveling up or by fine tuning your skills or a mixture of both. Sekiro seems to be mostly fine tuning your skills with a little help from powering up (via skill trees and the limited ability to increase hp and attack power).

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
DS2 had some glaring issues that once you saw them you can't unsee.

For instance, why does every mob have Lazer accurate overhead weapon tracking. They all turn on a dime

• 1Worf