Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (From Software)

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I got Friday off so I will be on the Discord raging periodically at clouds and shit.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Have family in town this week, just saw they leave the morning this releases. Score, thought I was going to have to wait a couple days

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Wish I could take off early on Friday, however, this week I have a major software release to test all week so I doubt it'll happen.

Fedor

<Banned>
It looks like there are a ton of minibosses and none of them are tied to trophies.

robato's father: (looks like he's immune to hp damage so you can only kill him by filling the posture meter)

txZsiuk.png

Even this guy from the trailers is just a miniboss:

sekiro_shadows_die_twice_vomit_monk-590x332.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am assuming that minibosses are like NPC hunters in Bloodborne. They don't respawn when killed?

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Yea they don't respawn and their drop items you need to permanently increases stats.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I am assuming that minibosses are like NPC hunters in Bloodborne. They don't respawn when killed?

Yes, but also kind of different (think they mentioned it in the Easy Allies talk).

Unlike previous From Software games, which had fairly linear maps (while complex with shortcuts and tying the map together), Sekiro has much larger open areas that can be traversed differently. The hunters in Bloodborne were in your way at certain points in the progression. You couldn't really skip them. In Sekiro you can skip enemies and find alternate paths to the bosses so you can skip minibosses (at least some). However, you do want to kill them since they offer skillups \ upgrades you won't get without killing them.

I think I will probably end up missing far more content on the first playthrough of this game compared to Souls \ Bloodborne. The use of the Z axis changes so much and it sounds fantastic.

That said, the exploration aspect of the From Software games is what I find fun, and what I kind of worry most about with Sekiro. In Souls \ Bloodborne exploration was rewarded with weapons\armor\items. Items being the "worst" loot. I don't think there are new weapons or armor sets in Sekiro. Just upgrades to the arm. I'm sure it'll be fine, but just sounds like there is more to explore, but possibly less to find.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The no armor or cosmetic shit to explore and find is just absurd to me.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Yes, but also kind of different (think they mentioned it in the Easy Allies talk).

Unlike previous From Software games, which had fairly linear maps (while complex with shortcuts and tying the map together), Sekiro has much larger open areas that can be traversed differently. The hunters in Bloodborne were in your way at certain points in the progression. You couldn't really skip them. In Sekiro you can skip enemies and find alternate paths to the bosses so you can skip minibosses (at least some). However, you do want to kill them since they offer skillups \ upgrades you won't get without killing them.

I think I will probably end up missing far more content on the first playthrough of this game compared to Souls \ Bloodborne. The use of the Z axis changes so much and it sounds fantastic.

That said, the exploration aspect of the From Software games is what I find fun, and what I kind of worry most about with Sekiro. In Souls \ Bloodborne exploration was rewarded with weapons\armor\items. Items being the "worst" loot. I don't think there are new weapons or armor sets in Sekiro. Just upgrades to the arm. I'm sure it'll be fine, but just sounds like there is more to explore, but possibly less to find.

I am more of a levels+skill player in From Software games; meaning I will farm and overlevel to beat a section that I cannot skill through in less than 10 tries.

If exploring in this game nets me permanent skill ups and stats then I will probably spend more time sneaking around and exploring than anything else.

• 1Solidarity

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
It looks like there are a ton of minibosses and none of them are tied to trophies.

robato's father: (looks like he's immune to hp damage so you can only kill him by filling the posture meter)

txZsiuk.png

Even this guy from the trailers is just a miniboss:

sekiro_shadows_die_twice_vomit_monk-590x332.png

At least dude is optional, I'll begin with that, but I really hate when games only allow you to overcome an ecounter/challenge one way.

• 1Salty

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I hope From Software keeps making these types of games. Not just Sekiro, but Souls and even other types of stories down the line. I don't care if its reskinned Soulsborne gameplay, that shit is good enough, just give us awesome things to fight in awesome places.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fedor

<Banned>
full first boss fight (you already saw this guy in last year's e3 reveal)

edit: mirror is up

Last edited: